Type keyword(s) to search

CBB18 (2016): A Noble Spirit? Biggins, the Smallest Man

No clue, to be honest. The weird thing with CBB is that the people who get rumoured tend to turn up a year or so later instead of for the actual season they're rumoured to be in, and several of the people who were supposed to be in last summer were part of that wave of celebrity deaths at the start of this year.

Well, there's this list from Digital Spy:  http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/celebrity-big-brother/feature/a791179/celebrity-big-brother-2016-cast-which-stars-will-be-housemates-this-summer/

The only one's I've heard of are David Cassidy and Nigel Farage, and the latter (aka the most hated man in Britain at the moment) is considered a long shot at best.  But I do have to wonder how long he'd last in the house if the rumor were true.

Brits, what do you think the chances are that any of these creatures could be gracing your screens and my YouTube a week from Thursday?

4 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

Frankie is in London now, and has been hinting at a big adventure, so he's pretty likely, I'd say.

I just read about this. I don't want to see him as a hamster in any version of BB around the world ever again. That probably means he'll end up as one on CBB this year.

Leaked cast is VERY heavy on low-level candid reality stars this time around. In alphabetical order: Aubrey O'Day (singer you probably recognise more from Celebrity Apprentice), Chloe Mafia (X-Factor ejectee, a la civilian Ryan), Christopher Biggins (alleged comedy legend; one of the background transvestites from The Rocky Horror Picture Show), Colin Newell (Storage Hunters UK, which is apparently a thing that exists), David Cassidy (Partridge Family; confirmed by Rylan in an interview), Frankie Grande (...sigh), Grant Bovey (CBB1 star Anthea Turner's ex-husband), Helen Lederer (Absolutely Fabulous), James Whale (as I understand it, the UK's version of Howard Stern), Katie Waissel (yet another X-Factor contestant), Lewis Bloor (The Only Way is Essex), Marnie Simpson (Geordie Shore, because CBB producers have failed to realise that Newcastle voters are to the UK as Newfoundland voters are to Canada), Renee Graziano (Mob Wives; has been photographed walking around London with BB13 housetroll Arron, so almost certain), Ricky Norwood (Eastenders star fired after a sextape leak), Saira Khan (another Apprentice contestant; another Loose Women cohost), Samantha Fox (80s pop star turned middle-aged lesbian widow), and Stephen Bear (Ex on the Beach).

It's worth noting that Colin, James, Ricky, and Saira were leaked later (in particular, after the other twelve were in sequester), which makes me think the others are going into the main house and those four will start in the Other House.

And I expect a loud chorus of "Noooooooooooooo!!!!" in the UK tonight that I will be able to hear here in Arizona the second Frankie Grande's face pops up onscreen.  Those who watched him on the US version of Big Brother had just that horrified reaction in the comments on the dedicated YouTube channel for CBB UK.

How does one tune in to this? are we able to stream it live or wait until it's posted onto youtube? I have a vpn downloaded already, but am pretty ignorant about the whole process beyond that.

13 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

How does one tune in to this? are we able to stream it live or wait until it's posted onto youtube? I have a vpn downloaded already, but am pretty ignorant about the whole process beyond that.

I watch it via YouTube.  If you want, you can PM me, and I'll shoot you the link.

I'm catching up now, and... like, we all knew most of these people would wind up showing their ass at some point during the season, but I didn't actually need to see Frankie Grande's literal ass. Or Renee's.

It's hard with Frankie because... like, I get that he's awful, but (1) the BBUK format is a better fit for his personality than the BBUS format is, and (2) there are enough crazy people in there that he isn't being forced into being the main character the way he was in BBUS16's utter void of charisma. Before the season began I would have said that the closest CBB analogy to him in the past was Perez Hilton, but now I'm thinking he's more like CBB12's Louie Spence. (Also, CBB12 is a spectacular season that everyone should watch at least once.)

14 hours ago, Kromm said:

Frankie. Still a total worm.  But based on comments I've read on UK boards, they seem to be taken in (so far) by his act.

I'd never heard of him before launch night and thought he'd get right up my nose, but ... so far, so indifferent.  I just don't think he's featured very much, and, in comparison to some most of the other grisly bunch, he's registered with me as 'mildly irritating, but largely good-natured'.

I don't much care for Biggins, James and Saira et al, but the ex-reality show "Squad"  of Lewis, Bear, Marnie, Heavy and Chloe is so utterly foul, I find myself rooting for absolutely anyone other. Mind you, from last night's live feed, they appear to be self-combusting, so there may still be hope for this series.

Right now, I'm favoring Grant, but that may change if he goes for a showmance with someone half his age.  Given his less than savory history of having affairs with women young enough to be his daughter (at least one of which destroyed his marriage), I thought he'd be more like Darren Day (whom he somewhat physically resembles) and use his time in the house to clean up his reputation, not confirm it.

BB have tweeted that the transcript being circulated is 100% fake.

I had wondered if they would actually show us what he said, or choose to protect him, but I think they'll have to show it now to limit the damage.  

In other news, Bear took the gift of eternal nomination so well!  I'm sick of the Bear Show, but sadly don't think he'll be evicted in a vote to save.

17 hours ago, Jaded said:

I read a transcript of what Biggins supposedly got ejected for and if he really said all that he deserved it. Guess we'll see if all of this is true later today. (It's after midnight where I am)

It's apparently already been taken down.

I've seen episode 13 and it's a freaking madhouse. Chloe Khan has been seeming to have sex in the shower with Bear, danced on the pole shirtless, just been a disgusting whore. She the was actually in the living room, cameras everywhere, while allowing Bear to  suck her breasts on camera. I'm sorry but it has gone way too far. Especially when she then cries victim when the others are offended by it. 

• Love 1

The whole time she was in that house all I kept thinking was she's the Mom of a young girl. I really do hope she's different at home for her child's sake. Her behavior in the house was disgusting as Bear's was and will continue to be. 

• Love 1

All four of the so-called "Rat Pack" (and the real "Rat Pack" would kick every one of their asses, by the way) can take a hike.  The only one of them whom I can even marginally stand at this point is Lewis, and he gets on my nerves with his habit of parading around naked much of the time, and don't even get me started on his shenanigans with Marnie, including bickering with her every other day (although I put that more on her than on him).  Look, as a gay man, I enjoy seeing the male form as much as anyone, but it gets old after a while.  Put the junk away, Lewis -- you're much cuter when you're dressed in Clark Kent mode than you are when you're playing Superman!

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2

Did anyone catch Bear's ex-girlfriend confronting him?  He was such a shit about it, ignoring her.  So what he had donuts on his head.  She was so hurt and upset.  Completely humiliated.  She seemed like a girl who would not pull her breasts out to allow some virtual stranger to suck them on TV!  

8 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

Did anyone catch Bear's ex-girlfriend confronting him?  He was such a shit about it, ignoring her.  So what he had donuts on his head.  She was so hurt and upset.  Completely humiliated.  She seemed like a girl who would not pull her breasts out to allow some virtual stranger to suck them on TV!  

I somehow missed all of that, but I DID catch his reaction to the news that Frankie is Fan Favorite.  I swear I saw smoke coming out of Bear's ears!

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to watching the last few episodes yet primarily because I knew Bear would win -- with all due respect to the UK viewing public, it really has rotten taste when it comes to choosing BB winners!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to watching the last few episodes yet primarily because I knew Bear would win -- with all due respect to the UK viewing public, it really has rotten taste when it comes to choosing BB winners!

I'll love to defend my countryfolk, but have to concede on this point.  I have a feeling this has something to do with the move to Channel 5. Big Brother has never been classy television, but they have pursued a much tackier agenda in the past few years and celebrate the worst of society.  I suspect very few people actually vote and many will have given up in exasperation this series.  Of those who do, I think some just really enjoy watching other people suffer, but wouldn't themselves wish to be in a room with the prime irritants.

I don't know if there's any truth to the leaked voting figures, but they showed Ricky and Bear to be extremely close in the end, each polling around 37% give or take.  Apparently Bear has been on TV moaning that even though he won and 'everyone' voted for him, no one has congratulated him or found anything nice to say about him. I think he may have misunderstood his constituency!