Type keyword(s) to search

The Night Of Media

(edited)

The New York Times review (slightly spoiler-y about general direction of certain story elements) and a piece on John Turturro taking over for James Gandolfini in his role.

NYT episode 1 recap

NYT episode 2 recap

hilariously extensive debate and complaint in the comments over the eczema (and NYT recapper's mischaracterization of same as fungus)

NYT episode 3 recap

LA Times review (gives reassuring hint as to fate of victim's cat!)

add'l LAT story

Edited by Margherita Erdman
add latest NYT episode recap

Emmy-nominated TV/film Actress Glenne Headly died yesterday at age 63. The cause of death wasn't given. She kicked ass in "The Night Of" and I loved her in "Mortal Thoughts" and "Making Mr. Right," but she was best known for "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels," "Dick Tracy" and "Mr. Holland's Opus." R.I.P.

(edited)

Emmy nominations:

Best Limited Series

Limited Series Actor - Riz Ahmed

Limited Series Actor - John Turturro

Limited Series Supporting Actor - Bill Camp

Limited Series Supporting Actor - Michael Kenneth Williams

Writing for a Limited Series, Movie or Drama - Richard Price & Steven Zaillian (“The Call Of The Wild”)

Directing For A Limited Series - James Marsh (“The Art Of War”)

Directing For A Limited Series - Steven Zaillian (“The Beach”)

Casting for a Limited Series, Movie or Special  - Avy Kaufman & Sabrina Hyman

Cinematography for a Limited Series or Movie - Fred Elmes

Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Limited Series or Movie - Jay Cassidy & Nick Houy

OUTSTANDING SOUND EDITING FOR A LIMITED SERIES, MOVIE OR SPECIAL

OUTSTANDING SOUND MIXING FOR A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Emmy wins for The Night Of!

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie - Riz Ahmed
Outstanding Cinematography for a Limited Series or Movie - Fred Elmes (Episode: "Ordinary Death")
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Limited Series or Movie - Jay Cassidy and Nick Houy (Episode: "The Beach")
Outstanding Sound Editing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Special - Episode: "Subtle Beast"
Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Limited Series or Movie - Episode: "The Beach"

• Love 1
On 6/9/2017 at 4:21 PM, numbnut said:

Emmy-nominated TV/film Actress Glenne Headly died yesterday at age 63. The cause of death wasn't given. She kicked ass in "The Night Of" and I loved her in "Mortal Thoughts" and "Making Mr. Right," but she was best known for "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels," "Dick Tracy" and "Mr. Holland's Opus." R.I.P.

what?? no!!!!!

Michael K. Williams on Colbert - he discusses filming No Reservations and taking Anthony Bourdain to the neighborhood where he grew up. Near the end he talks about what music he listened to beforehand to get into character for different roles including Freddy Knight: