Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Work That Body for Me

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Judy King looks too much like the mute inmate. I get them confused.

They do look alike, I hadn't realized until you mentioned it. But since Judy's always yapping, I don't have any trouble, myself.

• Love 1

I have to keep reminding myself that Morello is played by an Aussie actress. I've lived in Boston for 20 years and while natives may disagree with me, I think she nails it. It's a tough accent to get right.

I'm bummed that the budding romance between Maureen and Suzanne was so short-lived.

• Love 2
On 6/18/2016 at 9:11 PM, jade.black said:

Not sure if Papa Roach was the right song choice there, however.

Just finished watching episode 1 last night and this is what stood out to me the most. I never thought I'd see a montage to that song and I have to admit I had a little giggle about it. It seemed pretty fitting to me :P

I'm not sure how I feel about episode 1.. maybe it's because I've been watching Parks and Recs which is a 22min episode as opposed to OITNB's 40+min episodes, they just come across as quite long.

I also liked Piscatella with an S. I didn't get the impression he was into dominating women, to me it felt like they finally had someone competent to supervise the inmates. I haven't seen any other episodes though so I could be wrong but I took the heavy handedness as being related to him usually working in the max security prison.

I've always liked what little we've gotten of Frida, so I loved her involvement in getting rid of the dead guard.  There's something to be said for being practical to a fault with her "murder math," although I wondered too how no one would notice the blood on their uniform pants.

I also love Lori Petty, so I'm a fan of any story that ties her more permanently to the canvas.  Laura Prepon has been kind of a weak actress at times but she was quietly effectively in her horror in having to kill the guard after all and I like that she's now stuck with Lolly whether she wants to be or not.

Piper is gloriously delusional and her inevitable big smack down can't come soon enough.  The claustrophobia of their new living arrangements feels like a character in its own right.

I guess I'll hold out judgement on Jefe Piper. 

I won't.  I hate it.  I get embarrassed for her because she is so delusional (which is a weird thing that happens to me sometimes when TV characters are really stupid.  It makes me cringe whenever she is on the screen.) But if she had REALLY turned into a BAMF, that would have been unrealistic so I'm glad they didn't go there.  I guess I wish she was more quietly scheming than chest-thumping about the number she did on what's-her-name who stole the panty money.  But I'm loving just about everybody else so I'm diving in for the binge.

• Love 1

I don't mind Piper when her plot is just a side plot to the other stories. I can't say this episode featured her, and that's ok with me. I do want some resolution to her story, since she was the entry to the show. 

I like the new guard with and S because he seems to actually be good at his job. 

Murder math is the best kind of math I've ever heard.