Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: Beyond The Tank Episode 216

Robert Herjavec invested in The Natural Grip, a line of custom-made handgrips in season 6. Will the inventor show a side of herself that could hurt the company's future?

Daymond John is excited about the growing success of Titin, a weighted compression-gear company he invested in during season 6. Daymond would like the company to move from Atlanta to Manhattan, but how would that affect the workers?

While sales for Q-Flex have increased since Barbara Corcoran and Mark Cuban invested during season 6, but Q-Flex is still based in a garage. Can a visit from Barbara help plan a move?

Anyone else calling bullshit on Damon's claim he wears his Titin compression gear "every day"? Even if he wears it under his street clothes,  I don't recall him looking so bulky on previous episodes of this show or Shark Tank.

• Love 1
(edited)

My favorite moment was when they opened the garage door and there are grandma and grandpa churning out product. 

I have a cold shriveled heart towards anyone whining that "it's so hard". DH wants to know what the hand grip husband does for a living. They didn't say. 

Edited by Quickbeam
Typo/autocorrect
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I have a cold shriveled heart towards anyone whining that "it's so hard". DH wants to know what the hand grip husband does for a living. They didn't say. 

He did seem to really enjoy playing a version of dodgeball with his young daughter. I was alarmed at how hard he was throwing the ball at her.

I wasn't exactly crazy about the Crossfit-adjacent woman when she pitched the handgrips the first time, but boy did I loathe her here.  I mean, okay, she's got a lot riding on her business, but she seemed to want to go directly from the Tank into whatever multi-millionaire Valhalla she thought was on the other side.  Maybe I'm just being too harsh, but her being so bewildered that she didn't automatically achieve success was bewildering.  And even if they hadn't set up her breaking down in the previews, the judicious Ironic Editor talking about Robert knowing a business would be a success because of the entrepreneur's attitude would have telegraphed it.

Seeing the stern-faced grandparents silently assembling the Q-flexes in the mom's garage was slightly creepy, as though the daughter was running a senior citizen sweatshop.  And this might be a good thing to show in business school on the day where they teach why we don't typically let children who aren't old enough to drive make major organizational decisions.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that Titin's employees were all bros, but they sure enough were.  But hey, they managed to bring in an Influencer that could say that women don't always want to look like men.  Given that I'm not a woman, perhaps I shouldn't say this, but I would imagine that a woman who is athletic enough to need something like Titin probably isn't as concerned about looking feminine and pretty when she's working out.  Although to be honest, I didn't remember Titin at all.

It's kind of remarkable that at the same the cameras were around, all the companies were having a problem AND that the solution to that problem presented itself before they finished filming.

• Love 2

I keep reading Titin as Tintin, which is a) a dog and b) a large Chinese restaurant in my city.

I didn't remember Titin, either, but I call bullshit on the drahmz about the guys having bought their homes and oh, noes, we're moving the company to NYC!! Neither of those decisions happen quickly nor without a number of steps. Again, I know this is all recreated, but I'm pretty sure only the Titin founder was going to be moving from the get-go.

• Love 1
(edited)

Just caught up with this on my DVR. Crossfit lady said twice in her segment that she was "getting out of the military". I've never been in the military, so maybe that phrasing is normal. But to me, it was a giant red flag of her negativity. People I know who have been in the military "leave the military", "retire from the military", or "not signing up for a new contract". 

Weird that her language was so aggressively negative. If she was running her business like a rockstar, I don't know if this would bother me. But add to the fact she came a cross a bit entitled and dismayed that her product was setting the world ablaze, and that she was a bit of a whiner in general, her choice on language is just gasoline for her dumpster fire of bad vibes. 

Edited by hkit
iPhone is mean.

It seemed like none of these businesses really took off.  The interesting thing for me was hand grip woman's bewilderment at not making a million dollars.  Frankly, her product seems to me like it would be targeted to a small population-so it won't ever be as big as other products.  I agree that she was really negative.  I also didn't like her resistance to Robert's ideas about not over producing before having orders.