Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Instant Connection

I was surprised that he chose Dom over Alicia, and not surprised at all that he's (apparently) going to text Alicia and tell her he made the wrong choice. I love Dom's energy and think she's cool (whereas I find Alicia a bit... much? The over the top giggly, bubbly personality is not my cup of tea), but clearly, Dom was having a hard time connecting with him. I frankly think Dom could do better. 

I am not shocked that the third man did not go for the brunette (forgot her name) that was so painfully interested in him. I felt awful for her, but her approach is just too much. It might be my personal taste, but I just think that *too* much enthusiasm and gushing can be a turn-off, because it can either come across as insincere or worse, desperate. I bought that she liked him, but I think she needed to reign in her feelings and perhaps if she had shown some restraint and mystery, he may have been more interested (that was the one element that both of the women he picked seemed to nail -- especially short-haired Kristin). 

• Love 2

I am waiting for the inevitable switch ups that are going to happen when after 1 day of meeting and sleeping with someone, they really don't like each other...

• Love 1
(edited)

I wasn't surprised that Imari picked Dom because all we saw of Alicia (during their 3-way dinner) was her interrupting Dom over and over again. I've never known a man to put "she interrupts people" near the top of his what-I-want-in-a-woman list. However, I think Dom is so far out of his league, it's almost funny. He, however, might be slightly out of Alicia's league.

The part where Alicia said she didn't come there to make friends or have fun, but to find love? KILL ME, I laughed out loud. It was so over the top earnest and ridiculous. I mean, don't we all want to have fun and make friends while falling in love? And I bet all men want a woman who looks around a beautiful island and declares that she's not there to have fun. And since she doesn't know the guys already (thus has no reason to feel overly interested or possessive), it's kinda ridiculous to be so competitive. This isn't Survivor or even BIP.

Also, women crying and wondering what's wrong with them because a man they've barely met hasn't picked them over other women that they've barely met? So stupid I can't.

Edited to add:

Girl Alex: Someone please give her both a makeup lesson and let her know that you don't have to be conservative to find an attractive,  heroic and injured-in-the-line-of-duty soldier hot. And just because she is conservative, doesn't mean that avhot, heroic, etc soldier will find her irresistible. Being conservative isn't uncommon, it doesn't make her a unicorn.

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
forgot to say something
  • Love 7

Alyssa and Alicia were on The Afterbuzz show for episode 2 and their behind-the-scenes was fascinating. They said about Alex's meltdown over BT not choosing her was just exhaustion and emotional overwrought-ness. They also said that every time another man swooped on the chopper they were shocked; they didnt think there would be a man for every woman (according to wikipedia there were 10 in all), and they didnt realize they'd ALL be coming in by chopper. So every time a chopper suddenly appeared they went nuts.

• Love 4
On 5/28/2016 at 2:36 PM, nicgwatchingtv said:

I wasn't surprised that Imari picked Dom because all we saw of Alicia (during their 3-way dinner) was her interrupting Dom over and over again. I've never known a man to put "she interrupts people" near the top of his what-I-want-in-a-woman list. However, I think Dom is so far out of his league, it's almost funny. He, however, might be slightly out of Alicia's league.

Yep! Big difference between "bubbly" and "rude."  She just came off as very fake, and her interrupting made her look insecure, not strong.  I chuckled when making his selection, he sort of wearily said all his life, he's dated girls like Alicia.  Turns out that must really be his type.  lol

Girl Alex: And just because she is conservative, doesn't mean that avhot, heroic, etc soldier will find her irresistible. Being conservative isn't uncommon, it doesn't make her a unicorn.

Right?  I was like where do you live that you've never met a man who watches Fox News?  There's got to be a dating site based on this somewhere.  A conservative woman worth her salt would know you have to play a little hard to get. 

On 5/28/2016 at 9:10 PM, Big Mother said:

Alyssa and Alicia were on The Afterbuzz show for episode 2 and their behind-the-scenes was fascinating. They said about Alex's meltdown over BT not choosing her was just exhaustion and emotional overwrought-ness. They also said that every time another man swooped on the chopper they were shocked; they didnt think there would be a man for every woman (according to wikipedia there were 10 in all), and they didnt realize they'd ALL be coming in by chopper. So every time a chopper suddenly appeared they went nuts.

Sounds like they know less about this show than we do!  This might get a little rough near the end if there are only 10 men for 12 women.

• Love 2
On 5/28/2016 at 3:36 PM, nicgwatchingtv said:

The part where Alicia said she didn't come there to make friends or have fun, but to find love? KILL ME, I laughed out loud. It was so over the top earnest and ridiculous. I mean, don't we all want to have fun and make friends while falling in love? And I bet all men want a woman who looks around a beautiful island and declares that she's not there to have fun. And since she doesn't know the guys already (thus has no reason to feel overly interested or possessive), it's kinda ridiculous to be so competitive. This isn't Survivor or even BIP.

Also, women crying and wondering what's wrong with them because a man they've barely met hasn't picked them over other women that they've barely met? So stupid I can't.

Edited to add:

Girl Alex: Someone please give her both a makeup lesson and let her know that you don't have to be conservative to find an attractive,  heroic and injured-in-the-line-of-duty soldier hot. And just because she is conservative, doesn't mean that avhot, heroic, etc soldier will find her irresistible. Being conservative isn't uncommon, it doesn't make her a unicorn.

Thank you!! It was bad enough that she  kept on and on with the conservative stuff,  as if all you need to be compatible is a conservative viewpoint and a steady diet of Fox news.

When she topped it off with making it sound like only conservative people care about veterans - - injured or otherwise--I  rolled my eyes so hard (but I wasn't shocked or surprised). 

• Love 1

It´s exciting to see what girl the guy´s will like, and if the girls will go left or right. So I really like this show. And the people are very pretty and handsome, and they´ve got real jobs!! It´s much fresher than the Bach.

• Love 2