Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Roles and Appearances

• Start Topic

(edited)

This is one of my favorite Graham Norton shows, with Dom Cooper and Miriam Margolyes: 

As Ian Fleming in Fleming opposite Lara Pulver, and with Andrew Scott in Angels In America:

Edited by atomationage
  • Love 1

Dom is a hoot. He was in the movie Tamara Drewe with Luke Evans, and I just love watching their press junket interviews. They're so funny together.

Joe Gilgun, who plays Cassidy, was in Season 1 of Ripper Street. He had some pretty cool hand tattoos.

tumblr_mg9e2qQCrh1qb864ko1_1280.png

It took me a few minutes to recognize Lucy Griffiths as Maid Marian in BBC's Robin Hood. I only watched a few episodes. I haven't seen her in anything else. It's strange how many Brits they have playing Americans on this show!

• Love 1

Yes he was! I'm a huge Luke Evans fan, so I've seen everything he's been in. I liked the movie, but I thought Dom was miscast. They just put a bunch of bronzer on him to make him look Turkish, and his accent was a bit strange. His acting was fine, I guess it was just his look that was odd. I do like him as Howard Stark in the Marvel stuff. He seems pretty versatile.

Here's my favorite Dom and Luke interview. :)

• Love 1
On 6/21/2016 at 2:34 PM, pezgirl7 said:

It took me a few minutes to recognize Lucy Griffiths as Maid Marian in BBC's Robin Hood. I only watched a few episodes. I haven't seen her in anything else. It's strange how many Brits they have playing Americans on this show!

Thank you!!! I hadn't checked IMDb.  It was itching me trying to remember where she looked familiar from...

It's not an appearence in other media per se, but this doesn't really fit in another thread. I was looking up the actor who played Sherriff Root and he obviously wrote his own IMDB biography and has a sense of humor: 

As a rule, W. Earl Brown does not usually speak of himself in the third-person. However, the Internet Movie Database will not accept biographical information written in the first person, therefore:

W Earl Brown was born and raised in western Kentucky. Realizing early in life that he had aversion to manual labor, he knew that farming life was not for him. The first theater he ever attended was on his grandparents' front porch, where, in following family tradition, they would entertain themselves after a day's work with songs and stories. He was much better suited to that part of Kentucky farm life rather than the fields and barns.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0114868/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

• Love 1
On 7/13/2016 at 0:22 PM, Portia said:

Tom Brooke (Fiore) was Lothar Frey on Game of Thrones.

After GoT he was on an episode of Sherlock, he plays either a junkie irregular or a fake junkie irregular and when I saw him I was like, "That's a Frey!" because he definitely has the Frey look.

Dominic and Ruth are both in Breakfast on Pluto which is one of my favorite movies. His part is really small, he just picks up Cillian Murphy at a bar but she has a huge part and she's amazing in it.

And Joe was one of the leads in This is England about racist and non-racist skinheads in England in the early eighties. It's really good and fun at first but it gets pretty bleak. It also has an amazing soundtrack. It became a TV show too that I think he was in for awhile but I still haven't seen it.

I think the first thing I noticed Dominic in was Starter for Ten where he plays James McAvoy's scumbag best friend.

• Love 2

Dominic Cooper and Ruth Negga were in the World of Warcraft movie, which I have not yet seen but I know will not be nearly as awesome as the picture I have in my head of Jesse and Tulip beating the shit out of orcs.

• Love 1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3567666/

He didn't even have to change his haircut!  (Reviews are mediocre but at least he got a trip to Rome, IT.)

ETA:  Portia, because of an old war wound, I'm not good in dark places with strangers so I don't go to many movies.  As an attorney from the local area, "Loving" is right up my alley, though.  So I know the fact pattern but I didn't see the film.  Does it help that I have a sizeable girl-crush on Ruth Negga?

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1