Type keyword(s) to search

Jillian-Mean tough love

Looks like Jillian wants to leave again.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20804365,00.html

Where was her concern when she was having contestants doing improper exercising techniques, playing favorites with certain contestants, throwing a hissy fit when Laura was on her way to a severe hip injury and was in pain and discomfort, trying to convince certain contestants that it was all mommy and daddy's fault for their obesity, and her thinking she is the best trainer in the universe and God help you if you do not agree with that.

Do not let the door hit her in her ego driven behind.

I like Jillian.  I don't always like her methods, but I like her.  I'm enjoying Dolvett more than her, but she's still miles ahead of Bob IMO.

Ah yes.  Bob and the cult-like behaviors that develop around his teams.  Jill and her Dr. Jillian shtick is annoying at times, but she's a piker compared to Bob in that department.

Looks like she is leaving...     http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jillian-michaels-leaving-the-biggest-loser-for-third-time-2014256

Boohoo, the show made me look bad...  Boohoo...the contestants trying to lose to much weight too fast is dangerous.  Is this the same woman who threw a major hissy fit when certain contestants did not kiss her butt or treated Laura like shit because she was in too much pain due to an injury to work harder. Her precious ego was taking a beating, and certain people were calling her out. I am surprise she could fit in the door with her ego. She would be nothing without the show, and she did not do so well after she left the second time. Do not let the door hit you in the butt on way out Dr. JPhonyian...

I don't have a problem with Jillian.  I think stating she would be nothing without the show is a stretch.  

There are several problems with this show and it's nice to see at least one person isn't sticking their head in the sand about it.  

I wish her luck.  She's been the voice in my head many times when I want to skip a workout.  

• Love 3
(edited)

She was just another trainer in California before the show came along. She would not be a star without being on the show. She did bomb on The Doctors. She cannot say she did not know what was going on behind the scenes with the contestants. The woman dumped a bucket of water on a contestant because she did not like what was going on. What would happen if she did the same thing in a regular fitness club. Her ass would have been toast.

Edited by bigskygirl

I'll miss Jillian, just as I did when she left before.  I wonder if they'll bring in a new trainer or just have Bob & Dolvett.

I'm going to answer this in the "Fix the Show" thread, because I think there are issues with the show and the trainers that go way beyond Jillian.

As for Jillian herself, I believe that she doesn't know what she wants. There's something on BL that fulfills her and that she hasn't been able to find anywhere else, but she also finds great frustration with the show. The fact that it's been so hard to find new trainers makes TPTB feed into this. As hard as she is on others about defining what they want and pursuing it, she can't define what she wants.

• Love 1

Jillian's massive ego gets fed by contestants who think she is the best trainer in the universe and believes anything that comes out of her mouth. She can pretend to play the innocent victim of the evil editing she believes make her look bad on the show until we all are blue in the face. No one is making her act the way she did not the show. She knows what is going on behind the scenes. She came back twice after knowing what dangerous methods the contestants were doing to win. She actually told a contestant to arch her back while exercising. A good physical trainer knows it is unsafe it is to arch your back while exercising. Plus she got her jollies from trying to force certain contestants to blame mommy and daddy for everything. She seems to have some serious issues with her parents. She needs some major counseling herself, and if she is seeing a counselor, she needs to find another one and find better ways to deal with her inner anger.

I'm going to answer this in the "Fix the Show" thread, because I think there are issues with the show and the trainers that go way beyond Jillian.

Yes, that problem is named J.D. Roth, and until NBC buys his production company out and changes over to another one, there's ALWAYS going to be a slimy element to The Biggest Loser.

That's not to relieve Jillian of her fair share of the blame.  She made a deal with The Devil (aka J.D.) and rolled over so many times she probably got a good workout just from THAT.

• Love 2

It's a shame that Jillian is no longer with the show. She was a huge asset to the show, is very knowledgeable about what she does, in both nutrition and fitness, and she has some pretty good insights into what drives people. 

The jury's still out for me on this new female trainer, although Jessie seems to fit right in.

There is some truth to the "bad edit" that she was complaining about, because anyone who has ever listened to her podcast will get a completely different version of Jillian than what is presented on the show in order to fulfill their "we need a cartoon villain trainer" requirement, the one that some people need to buy into, I guess.

I do not doubt for a second that the producers are the single biggest hazard to the contestants on that show.

• Love 1

I'm not sure where to put this but last year's at-home winner Tumi is on Say Yes to the Dress tonight picking out her wedding gown. Jillian is there to surprise her. Tumi looks incredibly gorgeous. And she's so excited to be picking out her dress.

Edited by donnamarie