Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: The Girls Say Goodbye

• Start Topic

Jai Rodriguez hosts a very special episode of Dance Moms where the girls from the ALDC say goodbye to Maddie and Mackenzie. They’ll play outrageous games and answer questions from die hard fans. Later, Todrick Hall makes a special guest appearance to perform with the girls. We will witness the girls' heartfelt goodbyes to the Zieglers and watch them dance together for the very last time.

8 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Is this season finally over?  I agree just how many goodbye episodes did they need?

Apparently 4. The final episode, the mothers reunion, the girls reunion, and now next week a Maddie/Makenzie interview special. Lifetime must be hard up for programming. 

I did enjoy the girls reunion/interview much more than the mothers special last week. It is nice to see that the girls really do seem to be friends and enjoy each other's company. The mothers just have so much anger and bitterness, so even if it's fake it is just not fun to watch.

However, I thought it was lame they could get all these random people who were on a couple episodes to tape a good-bye, but they couldn't get Chloe, Brooke, or Paige to tape one. I guess they had too much bad blood with Abby/the show, but they were way more important than all those other random people.  I did think it was funny when Maddie expressed surprise Vivi was talking, only to have Vivi only say "um" a lot. That poor girl is not suited for a reality show. 

• Love 2

I'm wondering if somebody meant to tell the kids, "Maddie and Mackenzie are leaving the show" but accidentally said "Maddie and Mackenzie are being taken out back and executed?" Seriously, half of these kids live in the same neighborhood, they are all glued to their phones so they can be in constant contact with one another, and they are going to keep working together in some capacity and seeing each other all the time.

Calm down, kiddos.  Life goes on.

• Love 4

I don't typically watch the girls episodes because they're just not that interesting---but watching this one, I felt like for all of Melissa's complaining, the network actually did well in saying goodbye to the girls. Melissa may not have gotten any fanfare, but the kids certainly did. 

• Love 1

I enjoyed this episode.  The girls have a great rapport.  Listening to the moms last week was painful.  

I actually think the biggest problem this show has going forward is not the moms or the girls, but the fact that they are limited to these fake competitions that the production company puts on. The comps are getting smaller and smaller, and it's noticeable.  Dance schools don't really want to participate, especially in Southern California, where they have loads of other options.  I've noticed that the comps in and around LA, and even those in Nor Cal, are sparsely attended.  At least one of the comps, the Dance Moms girls were the only team competing.  The only one this season that seemed to have a full house was the one in Vegas.  Since the whole original premise of the show was preparing for a different comp every week, it really weakens the show, especially because they don't have serious competition -- if they were at a real comp against senior teams, it would be a whole different ballgame (though it's understandable that real comps don't want to be associated w/ the show). .  

• Love 2
(edited)

Ratings are in: 738K viewers and a .29 ratings.  Seems I'm not the only one sick of the protracted good bye. 

There is little cachet to being on TV in the LA area.  People who want to be have usually already found an avenue and those who don't well don't.  So the few who wanted to be involved with Dance Moms have done so and no one else really cares.  It's just one of dozens of shows being filmed. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 1
On May 18, 2016 at 4:54 AM, KaveDweller said:

Apparently 4. The final episode, the mothers reunion, the girls reunion, and now next week a Maddie/Makenzie interview special. Lifetime must be hard up for programming. 

I fear for these girls' egos as people start forgetting about them.

• Love 3

I can't believe they are doing so many shows on their goodbye (I really thought this thread was a joke but then I clicked and realize it really was a show and there is yet another one scheduled!).   This is all for a mom that every other mom that ever had anything to do with the show hated!

The REAL "goodbye" show that they need to run is everyone celebrating about how happy they are that the 3 of them are finally gone!  They can bring back Kelly and Christi and show past clips and make comments about how much of a kiss up shrew Melissa was, as well as review how nauseating and bizzare Abby's favoritism towards Maddie was.  There would be so much footage of this stuff that they can probably do top 10 type lists, or each mom could do their own top 5 most disgusting Melissa moment or most blatant Maddie favoritism scenes.   Also point out the top clips where Melissa forgets that she even has another daughter (cause she's been doing that crap to McKensie since season 1).

Abby and Melissa can be filmed watching and reacting to it all in another room and then they can let them out for the last few minutes for a Jerry Springer style finale!

Now this is would be a goodbye show worth watching.

• Love 6