Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Book of the Stranger

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Not to be all Lord Commander Obvious here, but....Ramsay is an epic hypocrite. I want to kick him in the balls again and again. 

Of course, we always hate in others that which we most dislike about ourselves, so it totally makes sense.  And he's just a class A jerk and knows how to hit where it hurts, literally and figuratively.  

• Love 1
On 5/15/2016 at 10:04 PM, AimingforYoko said:

I don't know, they all kinda looked like they were averting their eyes. Unless you were talking about us, then guilty as charged.

I know I was ogling Her. What a strong confident Badass woman who also happens to be sexy as Fuck! 

On 5/16/2016 at 2:45 PM, FineWashables said:

Based on what Daario said when Dany stood there in the fire -- "So the stories are true!" -- they knew the legends about her, but didn't really believe they could be true.

I don't think Brienne has ever had a man look at her appreciatively.  It was a strange experience for her to see a man check her out -- from what we've seen, everyone looks at her like she's some strange monstrous person because of her size.  I wonder if she's going to get curious about it.  I'd enjoy seeing her find a lover!

Re the surprise regarding Dany, we have seen a lot if hyperbole and exaggeration. Joffrey even had a statue made of him slaying the wolf. It would appear dragons and white walkers have been classified by most as legend rather than fact. I think the assumption that the story had grown or been embellished is probably pretty reasonable (though we know that is not the case). I must say that Dany standing in front of the fire unscathed and totally naked was an incredible visual. It is no wonder that the actress agreed it was central to the story. 

Wrt to Brienne, I can't help but think about the heartbreaking story she told where the boys were all making fun of her. It is nice to see her appreciated and desired.

On 5/17/2016 at 5:40 PM, Mabinogia said:

The moment between Sansa and Jon was so beautifully done. They took a moment to really register that what they were seeing was real. I loved that pause before the big hug. They've both been through so much since they last saw any family that they must have had a moment of "this is too good to be true, I must be imagining this moment" before it sunk in and the pure joy, specifically on Sansa's face, was just beautiful. Bravo to everyone involved in that scene. It was just perfection. (I have to admit to seeing the possibility for some good romantic chemistry between them.)

This. It was a scene that we had all longer for over the last six seasons and it did not disappoint. The actors sold the hell out of it too, the disbelief followed by joy and the ease at which they fell into chatting by the fire was a beautiful thing to watch. I didn't see romance, I saw family, but either way it was great to see both of them look happy and relaxed. 

On 5/19/2016 at 2:55 PM, The Mighty Peanut said:

I would think it would take awhile for the news of Jon's murder/resurrection to reach Westeros (but could be totally wrong). However, regarding his desertion--I feel like right now they're working under the assumption that he didn't desert, he died. His watch is over unless they have special rules for Lord Commanders who come back to life. Also, I think the people loyal to him don't believe his quitting is going to take. He has basically impulsively RageQuit a message board but it's the Night's Watch.

If they have special rules, they probably relate to burning the zombified Lord Commander. It may be a technical argument (like Sam's point a few seasons ago), but technically right is the best kind of right.

Overall, this episode delivered. I could have done without Ramsay, but we couldn't have a totally happy episode. It's Game of Thrones. 

ETA: one good note about all the Khals getting barbequed: those mean girl wives throwing shade at Dany should be able to enjoy the hospitality of the old widows' home now.

Edited by The Companion