Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

Speculation that images shown might be from a Christening can probably be put to bed.  It seems the actress who plays Morgan's wife is not in finale. American friends I've spoken to seem to suggest that the set up definitely looks more like a funeral parlour than a wedding scene.  It was my initial opinion as well.  I think it is probably a fair assumption to make that if it is a death, it will more than likely be Reids mom.  And if that happens, I definitely could not see Reid back next season if there is a next season.  

Karen Maser tweeted that AJ's boys and Josh Stewart are in the finale. But there was no mention or confirmation that Sherry Lee Ralph or Amber Stevens were. Course, the presser may not be updated with that info just to keep us In The Dark  :(

as long as Reid's out and that's resolved, I'm okay with it :)

• Love 2

It would be nice to see Reid reunited with Henry and Michael but I hope they don't try to cram too much into the finale as they have done in previous finales (and yes, the poor Replicator finale springs to mind!)

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

Karen Maser tweeted that AJ's boys and Josh Stewart are in the finale. But there was no mention or confirmation that Sherry Lee Ralph or Amber Stevens were. Course, the presser may not be updated with that info just to keep us In The Dark  :(

as long as Reid's out and that's resolved, I'm okay with it :)

Oh yes definitely out!  But he better not be laughing with a drink and doing magic tricks!  I hope they pay some homage to what he has been through.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, normasm said:

Riff, is Rochelle Aytes in the finale?

no, she isn't. confirmed on her instagram. Which is kinda comforting too, in a way. Morgan won't be 'taking over' the entire episode.

2 minutes ago, Droogie said:

Oh yes definitely out!  But he better not be laughing with a drink and doing magic tricks!  I hope they pay some homage to what he has been through.

I picture him smiling bravely for Henry while bouncing Michael on his lap, hugging them both and telling them he loves them and he's sorry he hasn't visited for so long (but not going into why not.) and Henry hugging him back and telling him he loves him more than anything.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

no, she isn't. confirmed on her instagram. Which is kinda comforting too, in a way. Morgan won't be 'taking over' the entire episode.

I picture him smiling bravely for Henry while bouncing Michael on his lap, hugging them both and telling them he loves them and he's sorry he hasn't visited for so long (but not going into why not.) and Henry hugging him back and telling him he loves him more than anything.

When are you going to aply to write for the show?? We need writers like you (and someone else) there!!

• Love 2
Just now, senin said:

When are you going to aply to write for the show?? We need writers like you (and someone else) there!!

lol. I appreciate the sentiment Senin, but I don't think the producers of Criminal Minds would like me turning it into The Spencer Reid Show O:-)

2 hours ago, PMPA said:

Speculation that images shown might be from a Christening can probably be put to bed.  It seems the actress who plays Morgan's wife is not in finale. American friends I've spoken to seem to suggest that the set up definitely looks more like a funeral parlour than a wedding scene.  It was my initial opinion as well.  I think it is probably a fair assumption to make that if it is a death, it will more than likely be Reids mom.  And if that happens, I definitely could not see Reid back next season if there is a next season.  

Sorry if my newness is showing, but where can I find these images?

Hoping we're not blowing things up in the dark again.  Maybe another night wedding at Rossi's?

I saw the picture of Harry with the harp and fanwanked that we might be getting a scene of Diana and the pearly gates.  If so, I would hope to see Maeve waiting there for her.  But I think it's just a boring old wedding.  

• Love 2

It varies by show. The mods certainly do create forum threads when we have time and notice that they haven't been created, and depending on the forum, we do sometimes lock them if there have been pages of discussion happening in episode threads weeks before the episode airs, but it's definitely allowable for members to create their own. If a mod hasn't gotten around to it and it's the day before, feel free to ask us, or go ahead and do it. We can always add the episode description from TVDB if someone doesn't know where to find it, or fix the formatting if you're unsure how it works for episodes.

• Love 2

I think they should have kept the Reid in Prison arc for the last 4 episodes or so. So we would have Reid with rest of the team in all the earlier cases in season 12 where he belongs. I would have more interest in the cases then when the whole team is working together. As Hotch and Morgan were already out of the team this season, the last thing I wanted was the last remaining original profiler also out of the equation for more than half of the season. And I do not enjoy Garcia Alvez banter. But then again I did not enjoy Morgan and Garcia banter post season 4. 

I do hope Reid plays a big part in finale and Morgan is there only for little support.

I hope this is not the last season of CM and Reid gets to solve many cases and a bit of happiness in his life in next season.

• Love 5

CBS just announced renewal of, like, 16 shows, and CM wasn't among them.  This happens, though, right?  We hear about CM last minute -- like wasn't last season announced after the finale or something?  

Just hoping someone with a better understanding of these things can talk me down.

Don't panic Droogie this has happened every year I can remember! And the ratings held steady this week so I expect it to be renewed once they have thrashed out contracts. Looks like Beyond Boredom is on the skids though!

• Love 3

OK, that's what I thought,  plus, aren't MGG (if he doesn't leave -- I'm still not convinced he won't), AJC, JM and KV, at least, all up for renegotiation?  That could slow things as well, I think.

• Love 1

Yeah I'm not convinced MGG isn't leaving either! I presume all the dozens of newbies had the usual 2 year deal but as you say, the older cast members left are all up for renewal. I think last year it was way late before renewal was announced. Oh well, if MGG moves on then so do I.

• Love 5

I wish CM gets renewed for at least 1 more season with MGG in it as I want to see a happy ending for Reid. I don't want the show to end with no love in Reid's life. I mean I don't expect a cheesy love story... just that Reid should not be alone when the series ends. He should have someone to go to at the end of the day. 

I know, I know its a fictional character but I still want a happy ending for him.

And I am repeating myself so I will stop now .

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ReidGirl said:

I wish CM gets renewed for at least 1 more season with MGG in it as I want to see a happy ending for Reid. I don't want the show to end with no love in Reid's life. I mean I don't expect a cheesy love story... just that Reid should not be alone when the series ends. He should have someone to go to at the end of the day. 

I know, I know its a fictional character but I still want a happy ending for him.

And I am repeating myself so I will stop now .

The guy's been through too much.

• Love 2

ever since Emily took over as Unit Chief, there's been a lot more usage of their first names, especially amongst the 'veterans'. I love it, it's actually far more realistic in a close knit unit of law enforcement agents where their lives depend on one another.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, R3volver said:

This episode's sneak peek has Rossi calling Reid "Spence" and it's left me feeling some type of way.  I remember Emily saying it once recently too.

I thought I heard that, but wasn't sure if I just didn't hear the "ER" in Spencer. Neat. 

3 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

ever since Emily took over as Unit Chief, there's been a lot more usage of their first names, especially amongst the 'veterans'. I love it, it's actually far more realistic in a close knit unit of law enforcement agents where their lives depend on one another.

I'm liking that too ! :)!

Edited by autumnmountains
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

I understand that. I really do.  When you work with someone for a while, you get close. You do become of a family, essentially. And I like it when JJ calls Reid Spence, for example. Or when Rossi and Hotch were on a first name basis, because they were so close. And JJ goes by her initials. But what's next? Trust fall exercises? Clapping games?  They're catching serial killers for Pete's sake! Maybe I'm just not used to that kind of leadership. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

Oh, I don't mind the usage of first names at all.  I'm just stuck living in season 1 where JJ was the only person in the whole world that called him "Spence". lol

• Love 3

Rossi and Reid have had several intimate conversations where Rossi calls him 'Spencer'.  He says it with affection, and it's the only first name he's ever used with Reid.

I think this (the sneak preview) is just another attempt to show familiarity without the writer actually being familiar with the relationship between the characters.  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, JMO said:

Rossi and Reid have had several intimate conversations where Rossi calls him 'Spencer'.  He says it with affection, and it's the only first name he's ever used with Reid.

I think this (the sneak preview) is just another attempt to show familiarity without the writer actually being familiar with the relationship between the characters.  

Yeah, and that's gonna go over real well. *sarcasm*

Just seen the promos , I am almost sure Rossi does say "Spence" and not Spencer.

And I liked the chess scene between Reid and Shaw, he does show a little of the Spencer we (at least I) are missing so much. 

Note: I didn't like to see the promos before watching the complete episode, but now I can't help it!!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, normasm said:

Rossi has occasionally called Reid Spencer or Spence since season 8.

Oh, I wasn't aware of the previous instances.  But I've only watched intermittently since season 7, so that's probably why.

It's not a huge deal, but it just felt awkward considering it was emphasized as a special nickname in season 1. 

• Love 1