Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

I'm worried. He looks really ratched in the second one. Man, they'd better not be doing a number on Reid. I don't like whump on him in ANY form! >:(

There is no way that white as rice pretty boy would be successful undercover, either. They'd have to send someone more urban/ethnic to fit in. But they also wouldn't send a known Fed into population, would they? It has to be some kind of trick or dream...

Don't hate me but I love Reid whump. I feel it gives our beautiful man something he can really sink his teeth into and show off his acting chops. I dare say though if they are going to put him thru the ringer, they had better get off their asses and give him a girlfriend already. Poor baby deserves some happiness.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Franky said:

Ruh roh... hope these are dream sequences...

WNTxXwo.jpg

P5oTILw.jpg

If not, looks like our favorite Doctor is doing some time?? D:

Here is something interesting. That one inmate in the front, the one that is squatting. He is a boxer in real life. And he was actually training Matthew for this episode.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Franky said:

Not much chance of finding an actual girlfriend IN PRISON!! Oh dear I'm stressing now... big time.

I am not going to say it. I am thinking it but I am not going to say it. Instead I think I will just let someone else say it.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Franky said:

You want to say "He'd better not drop the soap!", DON'T YOU!!!??

Let's face it someone as pretty as he is, why they are bound to get hit upon. I can see fights breaking out among the inmates trying to claim him as their own. All kidding aside I am quite sure our beautiful man is going to be okay. After all Reid has surprised us more than once with his resourcefulness.

• Love 2

I think this is for episode 15 which is currently filming. I honestly can't see the BAU sending Reid into a prison on an undercover mission, because he would get his ass literally handed to him. So that makes me wonder if something REALLY bad happens in "Spencer" and this is some of the fallout. 

• Love 1

I'm sticking with dream sequence or hallucination. I cannot fathom the FBI allowing a known agent into population. And our Reid... what could he have possibly done? 

I don't think it's really happening. But then, he DOES have the shoes on. UGH. I don't know!

There was that interview where someone from the cast said something along the lines of " someone will do something very surprising." I really, really, really hope it is not for real. Or if it is, only for a very brief time. While I am sure Reid would find a way to survive, I think being in an environment like that and the principal of being sent there in the first place would be absolutely destroying for him. I just cannot fathom Reid in prison...

• Love 2

Like everything, I qualify it with "if it's done right".

Reid in prison would be interesting. It'd be so "out of character" for him that it could be fun to see him have to wade through a social circle he has no idea what it would be like.

The only thing I would want is that it would be temporary...if that's how they write him out of the show, I just might say I'm out.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Like everything, I qualify it with "if it's done right".

Reid in prison would be interesting. It'd be so "out of character" for him that it could be fun to see him have to wade through a social circle he has no idea what it would be like.

The only thing I would want is that it would be temporary...if that's how they write him out of the show, I just might say I'm out.

This.  Like you say, if done right.  I will remain open-minded.  But if he leaves and this is how they do it, I'm so out.  The out-est.  

My stomach has a little ball of anxiety.  Part of me is beyond thrilled that Spencer will have some focus, something meaty, and I can't wait to see it.  Another part, though, is stricken by the way all the focus he receives seems to take him further and further from actual happiness in his life.  If he is framed, for example, what is that going to do to him?

I can't lie:  I'm tired of him being the CM whipping boy.

• Love 5

So much speculation on these prison pictures! I agree Reid has had too much angst in his life and if they send him to prison for real and it's not just some kind of walkthrough I think it's taking things too far. Maybe someone can ask Tari Jordan on Twitter for some clues - she is a "superfan" and has close ties with the show and the writers and probably has an idea on what it all means?

Edited by Old Dog
  • Love 3

Why did I see this, why?? Now I'm getting worried about something that we won't see until episode 15, that's six weeks to wait!! 

Life is hard for the CM/Reid fan nowadays!!

• Love 5

I saw it posited elsewhere that it might have to do with the Harold Perrineau story arc, which makes sense to me, since Perrineau is said to be playing an FBI agent imprisoned for killing one of his informants.  Who knows, maybe Perrineau is actually under cover, and maybe Reid will be, too.  I don't think it's totally implausible.  There are all sorts of people imprisoned, for all manner of things----there is no such thing as a prison 'type', nor 'typical' prison behavior, except in the minds of screen writers.

• Love 5

JMO, I was just thinking of you!! Do you know what was my first thought when I saw the picture? Your story,  "Consequences"!! I won't say anything else I don'twant to spoil it in case someone hasn't read it . Which they should, by the way!!

Edited by senin
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

You could also speculate about 12.16 - Assistance is futile!

the first ever Criminal Minds Star Trek crossover?  "This profile is highly illogical, Capt-er, Emily."

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, normasm said:

Two of those prison photos show MGG with gauze wrapped around his right hand knuckles. 

Hmmm.  Do they get wrapped for boxing?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, JMO said:

I saw it posited elsewhere that it might have to do with the Harold Perrineau story arc, which makes sense to me, since Perrineau is said to be playing an FBI agent imprisoned for killing one of his informants.  Who knows, maybe Perrineau is actually under cover, and maybe Reid will be, too.  I don't think it's totally implausible.  There are all sorts of people imprisoned, for all manner of things----there is no such thing as a prison 'type', nor 'typical' prison behavior, except in the minds of screen writers.

I am pretty sure that it does have something to do with it. Because Karen Masser who wrote episode 15 tweeted that he will be introduced in that episode. I must say that I am a lot more excited about this up and coming arc with the Harold character than I originally was.

• Love 2

As Daniel said, if it's done right... everything is possible.

I personally don't like HP (what a surprise hahaha), I don't know why, but I don't buy him. I remember his character in SOA. There was nothing wrong with his performance but...

If I am commenting about this story arc is for two reasons, because I think is interesting, although it's not something new (Jacob Dawes, Frank Breitkopf, The fox or Antonia), but he was one of them before, only that is a good begining . Another reason is Reid. If he goes to jail to interview HP's character, it could be great. I think in a long term stay Reid would be... you know... misused. But in a calculated situation and with his skills, it could be really interesting. I am having good memories of The mentalist in jail. I know the tone was lighter, but Reid is a genius, even if he lacks Patrick Jane's charm, I think this plot has potential.

Edited by smoker
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, MMC said:

Please don't hate me for pointing this out. But, since this is an arc chances are Reid could be in prison for more than an episode.

Fine by me, as long as he's front and center on my screen.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, MMC said:

Please don't hate me for pointing this out. But, since this is an arc chances are Reid could be in prison for more than an episode.

Also fine by me, as long as he eventually gets out.

I imagine Reid will be framed- or forced to do something illegal- and the BAU will need Harold Perrineau's character to save him.

• Love 2

Remember when they put up those pics of Reid in the chapel and Beth Reisgraf in a veil? Turned out to be a dream sequence. I'm hoping for that... and what might ELSE show up in his dream? ;)

In a real prison, someone as beautiful and as academic as our darling doc would be raped and beaten every day until he found a protector or died, even if his identity as an FBI agent were to go undiscovered. I definitely do NOT want to see him in that situation ever, including on our fictional show.

Okay then, the reality is that no matter how crafty our hero is, he would stand no chance against a brutal prison kingpin as his minions held him down. As much as I hate visualizing that outcome (ugh, instant stomachache), Reid wouldn't be able to fight them off. 

If Reid can bond with Eric Miller and Chester Hardwick, he could find a way to get out of trouble.

I also don't think CBS is going to allow the show to go that far in abusing Reid. As much as the storywriter in me would complain it's unrealistic, this might be one of the few cases I'd appreciate that.

• Love 4

I agree with your last sentence, but that's exactly why I think the show won't take him undercover. It would be too unrealistic to put *him* in that situation without that Oz-level of brutality occurring. And nobody wants to see that.

It's on par with the same level of disbelievability as oh say, a rookie just out of the academy joining the BAU because her dad was a serial killer. Ugh.

So not saying it would never happen, just that I don't think it will. Lesson learned (what we will and won't swallow), maybe? Who knows.

• Love 2

I don't think he's going undercover- Scratch is going to contrive things to get him to be charged with a crime and he'll be sent to jail.

Either that or Reid will have recurring thoughts about the possibility, possibly because of a legal situation.

• Love 2

Right, I do think your second scenario is likely. 

Or, a dream sequence.

It doesn't have to be long, they can make quick cuts between the two costumes. ORRRR! Wouldn't it be cool if it did go long - like Jean-Luc Picard's Kamen in ST:TNG! Like he lives this whole other life, or life event, in the span of just a few minutes back in the real world. Maybe he gets knocked unconscious or they take us through a dream (nightmare) in real-time. 

Whoa. Too crazy. Dial it back, Franky, they won't do that. ;)

On 11/29/2016 at 8:46 PM, Danielg342 said:

...and then Rossi bursts in with an ugly wig and a frumpy dress and says "I've always felt like a woman!"

hannah-mantegna-with-joe-mantegna-334866

On 12/3/2016 at 8:05 AM, qwerty said:

Or maybe a certain Jazz musician *cough* Ethan’s a great name *cough* ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Honestly, as soon as Reid said that to Alex all I could think of was Ethan Hyde. 

My favourite scene in the entire show has to be when he sneaks up on him. When you first watch the episode you think Ethan's going to be the next victim because he's walking alone and there's sounds of someone behind him and then Reid's face is just like 'boop' (why my mind adds that sound to this gif, I don't know)

tumblr_n8u8d57TOg1trjvquo2_250.gif

LOL! I always loved that scene. It showed that Reid was pretty sneaky, was able to creep up on someone in an alley, and had a playful side. I bet the writers don't even remember Ethan existed.

On 1/6/2017 at 9:02 PM, Franky said:

Ruh roh... hope these are dream sequences...

WNTxXwo.jpg

P5oTILw.jpg

If not, looks like our favorite Doctor is doing some time?? D:

Love the facial expressions in the second pic. Guy at the front reminds me of a friend from Guam that I lost touch with.

On 1/6/2017 at 9:45 PM, MMC said:

I am not going to say it. I am thinking it but I am not going to say it. Instead I think I will just let someone else say it.

LOL!

My take on the prison pics is either that he got framed by Peter Lewis or it is one of those bits where they are having him imagine himself in the place of a victim/unsub for a narration/profiling sequence.

One thing Reid does have going for him if he actually was in prison is that he could honestly say that he's killed people before. Granted, it was in the line of duty, but he still killed people and that gives people a little more respect in prison.

I wonder if they are going to rip off anything from the Shawshank Redemption where people find Reid's knowledge useful so they protect him. Like he could give legal advice or something.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Reid on another dilaulid trip suddenly doesn't make that too crazy....

Yeah one arranged by Mr. Scratch himself. I don't see it happening though since Matthew supposedly said that he did not want to revisit that story line.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, MMC said:

Yeah one arranged by Mr. Scratch himself. I don't see it happening though since Matthew supposedly said that he did not want to revisit that story line.

True. Matthew could have changed his mind especially since it wouldn't be Reid up and deciding to give in to the drug but being forced on him- again. I don't think it would happen but who knows! *shrugs*  :)

• Love 1

Since this all is likely happening in episode 15, and that is the episode where the disgraced FBI agent who killed an informant is introduced, I have to think all of these Reid prison scenes are actually real and not some fantasy dream sequence. But yeah, that brings up the whole host of problems that if Reid actually is in prison, he would be in protective custody (no way would any hardened criminal respect Reid in prison, and his very safety would be at risk). But since this show plays fast and loose with legalities, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest. But I wouldn't buy the FBI sending Reid in undercover either, so I sadly have to root for the idea that Reid did something criminal enough to get arrested (because I would just roll my eyes at yet another Mr. Scratch frame job). 

I had originally thought that the boxer had been training Matthew.But now after having seen an instagram post where he says something about Matthew being a good boxer and a good actor, I am now wondering if the more likely scenario was that his character was trying to teach Reid how to box. Now Matthew may be a good boxer, but I do hope that they remember that Reid himself can be a bit uncordinated at times.

While I will still appreciate the visuals, I will be very disappointed if this is anything but a real situation.  Reid actually in prison, for whatever reason he's there, is interesting.  Reid dreaming about it, or reenacting a scene, or any other hypothetical---is simply not.

And I would prefer not to see a second of it played for laughs.  

• Love 2