Type keyword(s) to search

How will Castle end? Silliness welcome.

TWP

My spouse was ribbing me and proposed two endings.  Here goes.

1.  As it turns out, the whole series was actually a book written by Richard Castle.  However, Richard Castle is the pen name for Alexis Castle, the introverted redheaded daughter of two elementary school teachers in Scotland.

2.  The ending is a crossover with Nashville, wherein Deacon goes into one of his fits of rage, takes off in a motor home and ends up in NYC on the block where Caskett are having their shootout with Loksat.  Just as Castle and Beckett are finishing up the Loksat mess, Deacon's motor home plows into them and they all three go out in a fiery explosion.

Husband likes to rib. Sorry.

So, what's really going to happen?

• Love 1

Does anyone want to see it end with Senator Beckett and literary novelist Richard Castle living in New York with their 3 kids, or would that feed too much into Crazy Castle's wild theories? I don't mind a little magical realism, in small, subtle doses. They laid it on with a trowel in this week's episode, but I sorta like the time travel guy, and Beckett making the coffee stain on the letter. Frankly, after all the crap we've been through these past 2 weeks or so, not to mention this garbage season, I could use a cheesy happy ending. 

• Love 5

The whole series was the figment of the autistic daughter of a blue-collar worker, whom she envisioned as a more well off/more prominent profession in her head...while her whole universe was contained in a snow globe she was oddly fixated upon!

Bonus points if you know the reference!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

The whole series was the figment of the autistic daughter of a blue-collar worker, whom she envisioned as a more well off/more prominent profession in her head...while her whole universe was contained in a snow globe she was oddly fixated upon!

For some reason the snow globe seems familiar but the actual reference eludes me at the moment.

All Hawley said was that the series ending would bring closure, not that it would necessarily be a "happy" one, so maybe they both die in each others arms. the synopsis said that they have to call on the boyz and Hayley for help but what if they only arrive in time to finish off Loksat and are too late to save Caskett, the leading man has said previously that he hoped Castle ended with a bullet in his brain so the character couldn't be resurrected by another actor.

Probably a satisfying ending would be them riding off into the sunset on a pair of Harleys, but I'm not sure Hawley thinks that way.

21 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Shoot, I've actually seen this and I still can't tell you.  Foggy brain.

16 minutes ago, MaryM47 said:

Ok, I'm showing my age here, but I do believe the snow globe was the very surprising end to St. Elsewhere.

I'm from the same era.  I never watched St. Elsewhere and I actually think the snow globe was done somewhere else too! or maybe I just know it from hearing about the St. Elsewhere ending.

You win the internet!

Woo-hoo! As Queen of the WWW, I declare no more shipping fees, and all your cancelled shows will get their happy ever afters on Hulu!

• Love 4
(edited)

Okay, since we are going with classic endings for the moment, I'll revise from my 'prediction' for the finale of The Good Wife:

Alicia, Peter and Zach Castle, Ryan, and Esposito are sitting in a diner waiting for Beckett to show up, she finally does.  The end. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

I posted this earlier and elsewhere but:

Demming transferred from Burglary to Vice/Drugs and away from the 12th precinct.

There he fell into Bracken's web.

Still hurt that Beckett threw him over for Castle, when he wipes out the Washington gang, he realizes her involvement and, now addled by sampling his own product, decides she has to die along with everyone she loves.

See, the drugs explain why he doesn't notice that she and Castle are still together.... he's mostly stoned.

Now, on paid sick leave, while he attempts to kick the drugs, he contacted El Oso to kill Castle, but when El Oso instead recruits Castle as his biographer, he returns to his original plan, putting his minions Hayley and Vikram into action, first to kidnap Alexis, swinging both Beckett and Castle into full badass mode to retrieve her, then to capture Beckett, who he secretes in his secret hideout... oh darn .... where is the secret hideout? ..... someplace no one ever goes? ... Aha! Levittown!...making Castle believe she is dead.

And.... first commercial break.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nathan wakes up in bed and turns on the light. We then see that he's actually dressed in character of the guy he played on Firefly and on that set. He turns to a woman next to him and says, "I just had the strangest dream!" 

Who gets that reference?

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Nathan wakes up in bed and turns on the light. We then see that he's actually dressed in character of the guy he played on Firefly and on that set. He turns to a woman next to him and says, "I just had the strangest dream!" 

Who gets that reference?

I do, I do! 

Newhart really did have a great series finale in my opinion.  

• Love 3

Richard Castle is writing (on paper).  He looks back through several pages, says, "Wow, the Kate Beckett character is really inconsistent, and this Loksat mess makes no sense at all."  He tears up the papers and plays a video game.

• Love 10
(edited)

Okay, another classic reference and this one is really old and oddly on point: 

A new chief comes in and everyone is worried about their jobs. Everyone expects Beckett is a goner; but cue the surprising last scene where the only one not fired was Beckett.  Everyone, including Beckett gathers in a great big group hug and shuffles out of the precinct.

Name that show!!:)

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, pennben said:

Okay, another classic reference and this one is really old and oddly on point: 

A new chief comes in and everyone is worried about their jobs. Everyone expects Beckett is a goner; but cue the surprising last scene where the only one not fired was Beckett.  Everyone, including Beckett gathers in a great big group hug and shuffles out of the precinct.

Ha, The Mary Tyler Moore Show!  (right?)  

• Love 2

It turns out that Castle really died

Beckett reveals the entire series itself is actually a story she wrote about her life. To cope with Castle's death on the way to their wedding in Season 6, she twisted major elements of her life for the story. Locksat never happened.  Alexis married Pie. It turns out Hayley was the homewrecker who broke up Esposito and Laney's happy marriage.

Bring on the Caskett babies!!   Just kidding...or not.   You never know until you see it, but I'm not sure I'm one whose heart will be melted by a mushy ending of Caskett walking hand in hand with a kid we've never seen.

I think a version of "You coming, Castle?", would work well for me. 

• Love 5

I'm guessing they'll throw an "Always" in the finale, though I do feel they've gone to that well a few too many times. I would love to see them fit in "You have no idea."

• Love 6
(edited)

Okay, games aside, for this show I want simple.  An example would be from the end of the episode where she arrested Bracken. There was a panoramic shot of her walking down the stairs, Castle waiting at the bottom.  The shot was greyed out right until she came to him for a hug, and then we saw the sunlight.   Simple yet beautiful. Sure, throw in an "always", but I don't need more than that.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

Someone mentioned in the other thread that they could have Caskett pushing a little kid on their swings.  That may seem a little cheesy, but I would love that.

Or, Castle gets a call that some TV network wants to make a show out of his Nikki Heat series. They are so excited that they let Caskett use the network's jet to fly anywhere in the world. They take off for Paris but have to make an emergency landing in a small town. They get arrested for some stupid reason and go on trial to defend themselves, but are found guilty.  I ends with them both going to prison.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, KaveDweller said:

Or, Castle gets a call that some TV network wants to make a show out of his Nikki Heat series. They are so excited that they let Caskett use the network's jet to fly anywhere in the world. They take off for Paris but have to make an emergency landing in a small town. They get arrested for some stupid reason and go on trial to defend themselves, but are found guilty.  I ends with them both going to prison.

And Castle does stand-up for the inmates, lol.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm linking to this Casablanca spoof because Kate McKinnon is hysterical and we all need to laugh! But watch it and think about the behind the scenes stuff, and where initially Kate wants to stay but Rick has already arranged for her to go, and then Kate is not that much into staying anymore!!

It gets to the spoof about a minute in here.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

They're going out to dinner together, with Beckett driving, and as she gets in the car, something spooks Castle to say "get down".

Instead she pulls her piece,  but gets shot 3 times in th chest.  At one point LokSat's assassins come aft Rick, but he escapes.

While Beckett is in her coma with Espo keeping watch, and Castle & Ryan track down her assailants, Beckett's heart stops.  It starts back up the minute he rushes into intensive care.  And then she awakens once Ryan has arrested LokSat.

Last scene shows Beckett & Castle in her hospital bed drugged up (her) & drunk (him).  Ryan & Espo are also there drunk and they set off the ceiling fire extinguisher, sosking all four.

Name that show reference!

1 hour ago, roamyn said:

They're going out to dinner together, with Beckett driving, and as she gets in the car, something spooks Castle to say "get down".

Instead she pulls her piece,  but gets shot 3 times in th chest.  At one point LokSat's assassins come aft Rick, but he escapes.

While Beckett is in her coma with Espo keeping watch, and Castle & Ryan track down her assailants, Beckett's heart stops.  It starts back up the minute he rushes into intensive care.  And then she awakens once Ryan has arrested LokSat.

Last scene shows Beckett & Castle in her hospital bed drugged up (her) & drunk (him).  Ryan & Espo are also there drunk and they set off the ceiling fire extinguisher, sosking all four.

Name that show reference!

Man that's the first one I don't know.

I just need Beckett and Castle alive and together in the last scene. If this episode wasn't going to be all about Loksat it would be great if they dad Castle and Beckett standing at the murder board talking about the case. They suddenly look at each other and do their "I know who the killer is!" And, fade to black.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I just need Beckett and Castle alive and together in the last scene. If this episode wasn't going 

I know it's a toughie.

But the whole "I know who the killer is" type of mind synchronization also goes the same for the series I posted, where the two leads finished each others sentences sll the time.

12 hours ago, roamyn said:

I know it's a toughie.

But the whole "I know who the killer is" type of mind synchronization also goes the same for the series I posted, where the two leads finished each others sentences sll the time.

I came back this AM just to see if someone had correctly guessed this one. Damn it, I want to knowwww. Please reveal ;-).

• Love 1
17 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I just need Beckett and Castle alive and together in the last scene. If this episode wasn't going 

I know it's a toughie.

Starsky & Hutch.

For my prize, I'd like to rewind and end the series at Hollander's Woods.  Or Conversly, the master tapes of S8 get thrown into a volcano.

42 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I know it's a toughie.

Starsky & Hutch.

For my prize, I'd like to rewind and end the series at Hollander's Woods.  Or Conversly, the master tapes of S8 get thrown into a volcano.

Ohhhh.  I think I saw that.

54 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

As above, I was actually referring to St. Elsewhere, but interesting choice!

Never watched St. Elsewhere, so for me a snow globe is always Citizen Kane.  Maybe the final ever scene will be a snow globe falling from a sleeping Castle's hand and he'll whisper "Beckett."  Was she real, a memory of someone he lost, or an unattainable dream?

Given what we know about this episode I think we have 57 minutes of Loksat with Becket shot. Then we get about 30 seconds of Castle and Beckett at the park pushing their daughter on the swing. I'm fine with that. I just want them together at the end. 

(edited)
14 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Dallas? Not their series finale but somewhere in the middle when they brought someone back to life?

Not quite. On Dallas, Bobby HAD died in a season finale, but at the end of the next season after he died, Pam woke up and found him in the shower, the past season had been a dream and he was alive again. 

Edited by S55
12 hours ago, S55 said:

Not quite. On Dallas, Bobby HAD died in a season finale, but at the end of the next season after he died, Pam woke up and found him in the shower, the past season had been a dream and he was alive again. 

I can't even imagine what kind of crap a show runner would get if they did something like that today. Makking a whole season a dream? The Internet would explode.

• Love 1

Castle announces that he's now in his upper forties, which is way too old for Hollywood, it is time for him to die. Beckett is younger than him, but as a woman is still too old for Hollywood and also must die. They decide to set off for the land of the beyond. They run into Ryan and Esposito and decide they should all go together.  Alexis drives them all to the land of the beyond and watches sadly as they all die and their remains grow into trees. On her way home Alexis sees a super hot guy and decides to join him on wherever he's going. She is now happy again, because that's how the circle of life works.

I will be really impressed if anyone can name that show.

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's the ending I'm hoping for, but don't expect:  LokStat is taken down  with the good guys escaping any kind of damage.  Castle looks at Beckett and says it's time to start their cross country trip.  Beckett says she has to drop by the Precinct and then will be ready to go.  Once they get there, Espo, Ryan and Lanie are standing around and wish Caskett a great time.  Then Beckett's phone rings and she says there's a murder to investigate.  The whole crew, except Castle,heads to the elevator.  Beckett looks back and says "Are you coming or what?"  Castle does that little fast step, they all get on the elevator, the door closes and fade to black.  

Edited by schnauzergirl
16 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Castle announces that he's now in his upper forties, which is way too old for Hollywood, it is time for him to die. Beckett is younger than him, but as a woman is still too old for Hollywood and also must die. They decide to set off for the land of the beyond. They run into Ryan and Esposito and decide they should all go together.  Alexis drives them all to the land of the beyond and watches sadly as they all die and their remains grow into trees. On her way home Alexis sees a super hot guy and decides to join him on wherever he's going. She is now happy again, because that's how the circle of life works.

I will be really impressed if anyone can name that show.

I'm stumped:).

4 minutes ago, pennben said:

I'm stumped:).

David the Gnome. It was a little kids show on Nickelodeon I'm te late 80s/early 90s. I only saw it occasionally because I was really too old for it, but a few years ago I saw an article online about horrible show finales and was horrified a kids show would end like that. I'd post a link to the clip, but I'm on my phone right now.

Hopefully, Castle won't make any future lists like that.

Huh, I don't think I've ever heard of that one. 

For a second after I said I couldn't figure it out, my mind went to Dinosaurs, also from the early 90s on ABC.  So I looked up that finale (which I didn't fully recall)....and, whoo boy, what the hell is wrong with some of these shows somewhat geared for kids (but with a large layer for adults) and their horrific finales!!???  I'm going to guess it was on the same list as your show!

Locksat plants a nuclear bomb and Castle attempts to diffuse it.  His final words are "Trust me; I know what I'm doing" but the final scene shows a huge mushroom cloud going up in the city.

1 hour ago, deaja said:

Locksat plants a nuclear bomb and Castle attempts to diffuse it.  His final words are "Trust me; I know what I'm doing" but the final scene shows a huge mushroom cloud going up in the city.

Not only do the Castles go, they take the entire state of New York with them.  I like it ;-).