Type keyword(s) to search

Ghost Adventures - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I am guessing that's what I saw commercials for a couple months ago. I hate when they do this tomfoolery instead of investigating haunted sites. 😡

I'm sure that's what you saw commercials for. They were promoting it pretty heavily. 

• Like 1

I will say this about Zak : the man hustles. He's got GA, he's done other shows like the Paranormal Challenge, I think he produced the short-lived Paranormal Paparazzi, he is a producer on Destination Fear, has done a few one-off shows like Demon House and the Paris Catacombs, added new GA content for Extra Pulses, has worked on media projects for some friends, wrote two books, did some music, opened and runs a museum, and now this new show. Jack Osbourne also hustles - I'd like to see them work together on something, and if they add in the Ghost Brothers, I might actually pay for Disc+. Still mad that almost all other Disc+ shows turn up on TRVL, except Zak's.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

They played a "new" Frankenep last night containing their investigation of a base in LA that UFO fans claim shot at UFO's during WW2 and an investigation of an old west tavern while Dildo Baggins was suffering from a bad cold.

• Useful 2

They played a "new" FrankenEp last night containing some early eps with Nick. It's weird seeing Jay in the background running the command center but not actually being involved with the investigation!

• Useful 2
On 6/21/2022 at 12:28 PM, Stevie Nicks said:

Has anyone watched the "House Calls" iteration of GA? We watched a couple and weren't impressed. Zak doesn't even go to the locations. His participation is by video chat only it seems. I took it off my list on Discovery plus. 

Yeah i did too. Was boring.

• Love 2

Was watching a rerun of the Monticito ep, as much as humanly possible.  Discovery+ isnt making it easy with the constant timeouts.  It is so bloody annoying.  Anyway, just want to say Im really digg'n Zak's salt 'n pepper whiskers.  Hope he keeps them.  Never really noticed before because of the facemasks, but this ep i did.  2 thumbs up Zak!  🥂🤗

• Like 1

So I finally saw an ad last night for GA coming back to the actual Travel Channel, Sept 14 or 15 I think. It' about &%*@& time. I wonder if that has something to do with D+ and HBOMax merging together, and lots of budget cutting involving the parent company - they'll need the ad revenue as well as the streaming revenue for their shows. The tag line was "Zak Is Bak." eyeroll

• Useful 2
On 9/2/2022 at 10:18 AM, Ananayel said:

So I finally saw an ad last night for GA coming back to the actual Travel Channel, Sept 14 or 15 I think. It' about &%*@& time. I wonder if that has something to do with D+ and HBOMax merging together, and lots of budget cutting involving the parent company - they'll need the ad revenue as well as the streaming revenue for their shows. The tag line was "Zak Is Bak." eyeroll

I had heard that about the merge.  My question is, will the HBOMAX litany of shows be coming to D+, or the opposite, D+ shows going to the HBOMAX library.  One can make me really happy, the other blah, not so much hahaha 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I had heard that about the merge.  My question is, will the HBOMAX litany of shows be coming to D+, or the opposite, D+ shows going to the HBOMAX library.  One can make me really happy, the other blah, not so much hahaha 

Well, since we are in the darkest timeline, I'm going with : they will do whatever both keeps their executive pay and bonuses as high and possible and simultaneously angers the most viewers.

TRVL is being really aggressive with the Zak Is Bak rollout. I kind of want to watch again, just to see the context of Zak's tantrum from the promo.

• Like 1

I thought last night's ep was going to be another FrankenEp about the Cecil Hotel, but it appears it was a new two-hour special. It was interesting, but I for one am beyond tired of hearing about the lunatic in the elevator who wound up drowned in the hotel water tank. Come on, she was taking strong meds because she frequently hallucinated! 🙄

Anyhow, they invited a couple "psychics" to join the fun and Zak was amazed at what they had to say without knowing anything about the Cecil Hotel! 🙄

On 9/2/2022 at 12:18 PM, Ananayel said:

The tag line was "Zak Is Bak." 🙄

That was beyond annoying last night! 😬    

Edited by Gharlane
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I thought last night's ep was going to be another FrankenEp about the Cecil Hotel, but it appears it was a new two-hour special. It was interesting, but I for one am beyond tired of hearing about the lunatic in the elevator who wound up drowned in the hotel water tank. Come on, she was taking strong meds because she frequently hallucinated! 🙄

Anyhow, they invited a couple "psychics" to join the fun and Zak was amazed at what they had to say without knowing anything about the Cecil Hotel! 🙄

That was beyond annoying last night! 😬    

Umm i don't think it was the new eps.  I think those start next week.  I watched this Cecil ep on D+ a while back.  Still pretty creepy.  The whole elevator sequence is very eerie.  Is there such a thing as the Korean elevator game?  Sorry Patti but i saw you on that other shows Mysteries Decoded or something like that.  Dont know if that was before or after you shot this one.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Umm i don't think it was the new eps.  I think those start next week.  I watched this Cecil ep on D+ a while back.  Still pretty creepy.  The whole elevator sequence is very eerie.  Is there such a thing as the Korean elevator game?  Sorry Patti but i saw you on that other shows Mysteries Decoded or something like that.  Dont know if that was before or after you shot this one.

It was listed as "new" and I hadn't seen it on Travel Channel before. ha ha

Yes, there is a Korean elevator game that was discussed on Mysteries Decoded. I thought it was amusing that Zak hadn't read the instructions to the game before attempting to play it and seemed to have given up after the first couple steps.

• Like 1
On 9/6/2022 at 8:36 PM, scarletine said:

GA is ridiculous, but it's totally comfort TV for me. I'm thrilled it's coming back, and can't wait to see new episodes. I just hope it's heavier on the ghosts, and lighter on the "possessions". 

That is a great way to put it 'comfort tv'.  Thats so true for me also.  Whenever I'm wanting something to watch and not sure what, thats the first thing I look to...GA.  kinda like standing in front of the front of the fridge and not knowing what to get hahah

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I started to watch "Devil's Den", which I think was a new 2-hour ep, but got bored because I got a sense of deja vu when a crewman we never saw before got "affected by the spirits" and wandered off and Scooby Douche went looking for him. 

• Love 3

Since these airing now seem to be the ones previously exclusive to D+, I think it's clear they got a memo to go completely OTT, and did so gleefully. I love how, when a witness describes feeling or going through something, later in the show Zak will feel or go through the exact same thing, time 100. Dude needs to seriously chill.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 10/4/2022 at 7:57 AM, Ananayel said:

Since these airing now seem to be the ones previously exclusive to D+, I think it's clear they got a memo to go completely OTT, and did so gleefully. I love how, when a witness describes feeling or going through something, later in the show Zak will feel or go through the exact same thing, time 100. Dude needs to seriously chill.

I never found these on D+ though.  Where am i not looking?

• Love 2

Wait, they're not just a delayed airing of the D+ shows, they're actually new? Holy crap, never thought I'd see the day. 

Me, I've gotten bundles or free T-Mobile subscriptions to Netflix, AppleTV+, Hulu/Disney+, Paramount+ which I will shortly upgrade with the Showtime bundle, a Starz 10 month deal, and free services Tubi, PlutoTV and the free version of Peacock. I will wait and see if the HBOMax/Disc+ merger offers a good bundle deal before deciding if I will reward their terrible behavior of hoarding previously-aired shows behind a paywall.

Now I just need a smart tv and wifi....

Edited by Ananayel
  • Like 1
On 10/7/2022 at 6:49 AM, scarletine said:

Billy, exasperated... "In the midst of all this, you're eating a beef stick?"

Aaron, confused..."What? I was hungry!"

Hahaha! I love Aaron so much. 

IKR.  Its been a minute since Zak locked him in a room alone, and then later when he told Aaron it had been unlocked the whole time LOL.  Aaron made the best of being in there though.  Love that dude.

• Love 2

I was just curious if anyone who watches D+ has seen the GAC 'channel', where they list all the seasons.  24 hour GA eps run nonstop.  I like to put that on when Im laying down for a nap and run the volume low

Edited by ForumLou
Not really funny
  • Useful 1
On 10/4/2022 at 9:57 AM, Ananayel said:

I think it's clear they got a memo to go completely OTT, and did so gleefully. I love how, when a witness describes feeling or going through something, later in the show Zak will feel or go through the exact same thing, time 100. Dude needs to seriously chill.

JEBUS CRIST! I was watching Scoobie Douche investigating the Goldfield Hotel last night and they brought in a "psychic medium" 🙄 who "got possessed", followed by Aaron and Billy joining in on the act... OK, ghost adventurers... 🙄

Edited by Gharlane
  • Wink 2
On 10/7/2022 at 8:49 AM, scarletine said:

Billy, exasperated... "In the midst of all this, you're eating a beef stick?"

Aaron, confused..."What? I was hungry!"

Hahaha! I love Aaron so much. 

I just saw that last night on the Travel Channel! Maybe it's me, but their investigations are getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

The basic story -- the Hartford circus fire of 1944 --  is real, but I flipped out about a minute into some recreated scenario about a young thief lifting an item from a flea market, said item being a cursed artifact from the fire (guessing, but think I got it).  Hartford is semi-local and the fire is taken pretty seriously around here, so I just couldn't stick with it. 

Fun fact:  A very young Charles Nelson Reilly was a survivor of the fire.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Last night's lineup should have been played on Halloween.

GHOST ADVENTURES: 
"Nightmare In Antelope". Zak and the crew travel to the Antelope Valley 
in Sacramento, California, to confront a demonic entity that's tearing 
a family apart. Zak believes an exorcism may be the only way to save 
them from the dark and powerful forces plaguing their home. Ugh. 

GHOST ADVENTURES: 
"Painted Lady Brothel". The crew travels to Albuquerque, NM, to 
investigate the Swastica Inn, a former brothel and saloon inhabited by 
an aggressive male spirit. The vicious entity pushes the guys to their 
limits as they try to get to the bottom of the haunting and save the 
owner from further harm. I lost almost all interest when the owner 
described his ghostly attacks as a classical case of sleep paralysis. 

GHOST ADVENTURES: 
"Lost Souls of Kingman".
Zak and the crew investigate an Arizona high school plagued by troubling paranormal experiences.

GHOST ADVENTURES: 
"The Comedy Store". The GAC are in West Hollywood, California 
investigating the historic and World Famous Comedy Store. 

• Useful 2

I hadn't really watched it, but saw the marathon. It's weird, and now there's this new person Lauren? I guess between his hands-on-ness at his museum and being a producer on DF, he may be too busy. Or, now he's just refusing to travel at all.

• Like 1

They had a marathon of the new spin off(?) in which Scoobie Douche sends the team and a young woman to investigate claims of demonic possession, meaning "someone gets possessed for a bit".

GHOST ADVENTURES: HOUSE CALLS:
"Ellington Home Invasion". Zak Bagans sends the crew to Ellington Connecticut after he receives an urgent request from desperate parents. They believe a tall shadowy entity with hooves has invaded their home and fear this demonic figure will hurt their four small children.

"Auburn in Hell". Zak Bagans sends the crew to investigate claims of extreme paranormal activity on a farm in Auburn California. Disembodied voices strange shadows and ghostly attacks have made the owner uneasy in her home and she wants answers fast.

"Wappingers Falls of Fear". Zak Bagans sends the team to Wappingers Falls, New York where the owner of a historic home claims that a dark presence is harassing her boyfriend. The case takes a disturbing turn when she reveals a strong attachment to the spirits that reside there.

"Panic in Palatka". Zak Bagans sends the crew to double-wide in rural Palatka, Florida to help the new owner unravel claims of an evil manipulative presence on the property. I had to laugh at the idea of a haunted doublewide and how Zak told the crew about the remoteness of the location interfering with their Wi-Fi and smartie-phone reception so they couldn't blame problems with that on ghosts but later doing exactly that! :-D 

Edited by Gharlane
Formatting
  • Like 1

While re-watching them investigating the haunted double-wide on Palatka, I forgot to mention there's a scene where Aaron and Jay leave the "nerve center" are with Zak on the monitor asking what's going on. If they left their post, who is recording Zak?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I just realized their House Calls eps are using the format used by Ghost Hunters ("A plea for help", "Investigation", "Examination of Evidence", "Conclusion"), along with the appropriate title cards.

I thought the House Calls episodes would be "possession of the week" based on where a lot of GA eps had gone and so haven't been watching.   If that's not the case, I'll have to check it out.  

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

I thought the House Calls episodes would be "possession of the week" based on where a lot of GA eps had gone and so haven't been watching.   If that's not the case, I'll have to check it out.  

Oh, they seem to be doing that, but I noticed they're organized in four parts now.

Last night's episode was them responding to a woman and her goth daughter in Jacksonville:

Jacksonville Family Curse. Zak Bagans sends the team to Jacksonville, Florida, to help a mother and daughter who are desperate to break a suspected decades-long curse. They fear something dark is targeting the maternal family bloodline, and they want answers before it's too late.

Of course, one of the team "got possessed" and Scoobie Douche equivocated about if they were in "danger" or not.

• Like 4

"Curse of Ranch Island". Zak Bagans and the crew investigate rampant 
paranormal activity at a once blissful communal compound outside of Las Vegas known as Ranch Island. When Bagans is overcome by a dark energy the team fears he may be in danger from a spirit trapped on the property.

FINALLY! No more GA: House Calls! That said, it wasn't very interesting. Their Polaroid camera kept taking pics with a smudge on the lens and claimed to find a cold spot. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 1

"Disturbed In Wickenburg". The crew goes back to Vulture City to examine the reported paranormal activity that took place there.

TBH, I don't remember their first trip, although some of the "previouslies" looked familiar. I lost interest when one of the crew was "overcome by the dark energy". 🙄

• Like 1

"The Joshua Tree Inn". Zak Bagans and the crew check into the desert motel where country-rock pioneer Gram Parsons died in 1973. With help from special guest investigator singer and social media personality Loren Gray the team is in for an especially emotional and terrifying night as they investigate the intelligent and sometimes malicious paranormal energy that permeates the property.

I didn't even watch this one for five minutes before bailing. 🥱

The social media bimbo didn't help.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I saw Ghost Adventures trending on Twitter yesterday, and it looks like it's moving to Discovery, with a new special on May 31. Travel Channel loses more new shows, so I wonder how much longer it will exist what with the cost cutting going on at its parent company.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I loved Holzer Files!  Bummed it was canceled.  The only ghost show I don't like is Ghost Adventures and that seems to be the only one staying.  The reason I do not like GA's is Zach!  He is a douchebag.

He was called Scooby Douche on The Soup!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, badhaggis said:

He was called Scooby Douche on The Soup!

Is that where it started? I'll call him "Dildo Baggins" on occasion.

I used to watch this every week. I think I got tired of the shenanigans (like taunting a ghost and screaming like a little girl whenever there was an unexpected sound) and becoming an amateur exorcist.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2