Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Sink or Soar

• Start Topic

So... now that we don't have to listen to Sausage whine anymore, will the vets get wise and realize that Anthony and Christian are going to wipe the floor with all of them?

• Love 1

None of those tattoos really excited me. I think that was as much about the subject as the execution, though. 

Jime never should have picked Cleen. They just aren't going to send that dude home. Even if they hadn't both been good tattoos, I think Jime was going to lose. 

• Love 2

I actually liked the face off tattoos much better then the wings.  Instead of looking like one evil wing and one good wing, most of them looked like two good wings that just did not match properly.  Also, for wings to truly look good there needs to be a 3 D effect on the body, otherwise they look flat and silly.  I did not see any of the artists accomplish that.

I do not remember disliking Cleen and Sausage so much when they came on their original season.  I know many people felt that Cleen was robbed, but the competition was his to lose and that is what he did.  He was assigned photo realism and decided he did not need to follow that criteria.  It is kind of like if I asked you to draw me a pheonix and instead you drew an unicorn.  It might be the best unicorn ever, but you did not listen to the instructions.  It was because of this arrogance that Jason Dunne won the whole thing and that guy should have never been Ink Master.

I was surprised at how Christian was talking to Sausage.  I agreed with what Christian was saying, but I do not think many people could talk to their real world boss like that and still keep their jobs.

• Love 7

“My mouth is watering and I only want to eat Sausage.”  Oh, Matti, I’m sure that sounded really great in your head.  Unfortunately to my ears, you should head down to the local bathhouse or check Grindr to see where you can get some sausage to eat.  Regardless, buh-bye Snausages.  I will not miss you. 

I did enjoy seeing a Jane Seymour (Seymour Butts) open hearts necklace commercial during a photorealistic heart challenge.  If only Jane offered hearts dripping blood in her jewelry line, I might consider it.

The good and evil wings tattoos were made of fail.  Nothing was great and there was a lot of mediocre to bad.  Why would someone want these tattoos? 

I have to wonder about the final challenge.  Were they actually given a list of possible tattoos to choose from?  Or do they have a stadium full of idiots people who are ready for any tattoo?  You know, zombie face, realistic heart, unicorn farting puppies, flags of foreign nations. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

“My mouth is watering and I only want to eat Sausage.”  Oh, Matti, I’m sure that sounded really great in your head.  Unfortunately to my ears, you should head down to the local bathhouse or check Grindr to see where you can get some sausage to eat.  Regardless, buh-bye Snausages.  I will not miss you.

The editors were having fun with that.  Another artist also said something like " I hope this dude can stand taking two guys at once".

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

In general I really dislike dual eliminations because it doesn't mean the worst tattoo of the day goes home. 

I did not like the elimination challenge at all.  It was set up for failure.  

Jime made a huge mistake in choosing Cleen.  Given that Jesse is also new school, I'm surprised he didn't choose him.  

Sausage gave it the old college try during the head to head challenge but Matti's tattoo was better.

I'm grateful that Anthony made it through although next week it appears he's doing a head to head challenge.  I'm really rooting for him and Christian to make it to the finale.

Another artist also said something like " I hope this dude can stand taking two guys at once".

The 12 year old in me is snorting with laughter over this.

• Love 3

I am so glad to have seen the back end of Snausage on his way out the door.  I just cannot with that man.  And Jime won my"Little Bitch of the Night" award, so at least he got something.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

In general I really dislike dual eliminations because it doesn't mean the worst tattoo of the day goes home. 

Even single eliminations rarely mean the worst tattoo of the day goes home in this season of Ink Master.

• Love 6
On 4/27/2016 at 0:56 PM, Muffyn said:

I have to wonder about the final challenge.  Were they actually given a list of possible tattoos to choose from?  Or do they have a stadium full of idiots people who are ready for any tattoo?  You know, zombie face, realistic heart, unicorn farting puppies, flags of foreign nations. 

Truly. Even poster art I buy to hang on my wall has to mean something to me, or at least be pleasing to my eye. What if the artists decided they wanted to do portraits of their mothers?

23 hours ago, qtpye said:

Anthony might be my favorite artist to appear on this show, ever.

He's very talented but even more, HE'S A NICE PERSON.* Although I still reserve the top spot in my heart for Tommy Helm from season one.

Again with the judging on this. Was it a texture challenge or not? Chris and Oliver are so biased and random. Dave is the only one I can stand -- calm, reasonable, and doesn't hold grudges.

* It's Ink Master, so I'm obliged to shout.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 5

Ugh, the tattoos bored me. And I was surprised by the judges mentioning that they did not like the idea of both wings being the same silhouette flipped opposite. Perhaps it's the Type A in me, but I think that is exactly how the "good & evil" idea would come across best--with the same symmetrical shape so as to keep balance, and then styled in opposite ways.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, lordonia said:

Although I still reserve the top spot in my heart for Tommy Helm from season one.

I love Tommy Helm.  He's an all around nice guy and incredibly talented.  I had the opportunity to be placed in the next booth at a tattoo convention several years ago - before Ink master.  He gave me some amazing little tricks and tips and was very generous with his advice and assistance.

Edited by AlliePK
because spelling is nice.
  • Love 9

Whoever was across from Jime complained that the canvas kept moving because Jime's technique is to wipe so hard.  And then they showed Jime swiping away and the woman's whole back shifted from the force of each swipe.  Ow ow ow.  Is it necessary to rake across the freshly traumatized flesh with such gusto or can you be gentle about it if you want to?

1 hour ago, candall said:

Whoever was across from Jime complained that the canvas kept moving because Jime's technique is to wipe so hard.  And then they showed Jime swiping away and the woman's whole back shifted from the force of each swipe.  Ow ow ow.  Is it necessary to rake across the freshly traumatized flesh with such gusto or can you be gentle about it if you want to?

That was Anthony.  The calm, nice and compassionate inktestant. 

5 hours ago, candall said:

Is it necessary to rake across the freshly traumatized flesh with such gusto or can you be gentle about it if you want to?

No, oh my goodness, it is not at all necessary to be that rough--either that, or I've been very lucky. Of course, the sensitive, newly raw skin stings a bit at the wiping sometimes, but no one should be, like, yanking at it. Add to that the fact that someone six inches away is also trying to keep the skin taut and I'd think an experienced tattooist like Jime would try to be even more careful. What the hell?

• Love 1

I second whoever said Jime was an idiot for picking Cleen.  Cleen could have called his canvas's mother fat, had the canvas walk out on him and have presented the judges with a photo of the heart taped to his own stomach, and he still wouldn't have gone home.  I guess I'm glad for the sake of their mental health that the contestants haven't figured out yet that the judging has very little to do with actual tattooing, very much to do with judges' prior knowledge of and/or relationships with the contestants.  But man.  What an idiot.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 5
On 4/27/2016 at 9:44 AM, qtpye said:

I was surprised at how Christian was talking to Sausage.  I agreed with what Christian was saying, but I do not think many people could talk to their real world boss like that and still keep their jobs.

I think there's a couple of things going on. First, they are not at work and they're not talking about Sausage's shop. Sausage doesn't really have the right to tell Christian what he can and can't say away from work. Second, they may well have a relationship outside work that allows that level of confrontation and criticism. I know lots of people who do.  Of course, with the tender feelings Sausage has who knows. 

• Love 3

Second, they may well have a relationship outside work that allows that level of confrontation and criticism. I know lots of people who do.  Of course, with the tender feelings Sausage has who knows.

Yeah, I am sure that some people have a great very straight forward relationship with their boss, but Sausage does not seem like that type of guy.  It's also interesting that all the Vets have bee such jerks, that it never occurred to Sausage he would have a natural alliance with Christian, due to their previous relationship.

It is also odd that Cleen did not so the same with Megan Jean, but I do not know if they were dating before or after the show.

I think alliances on this show are stupid and it should just be based on talent, however a good alliance could keep you in the game longer.

19 hours ago, Rancide said:

I second whoever said Jime was an idiot for picking Cleen.  Cleen could have called his canvas's mother fat, had the canvas walk out on him and have presented the judges with a photo of the heart taped to his own stomach, and he still wouldn't have gone home.  I guess I'm glad for the sake of their mental health that the contestants haven't figured out yet that the judging has very little to do with actual tattooing, very much to do with judges' prior knowledge of and/or relationships with the contestants.  But man.  What an idiot.

I get why Jime might have decided that he wanted to attempt to knock out one of the biggest threats but it was explained that whoever he chose would then select the style of tattoo.  That right there should have told Jime to either choose Jesse, as he is also a new school tattooer, or basically anyone other than Cleen.  The only reason I can figure that he didn't go for a remaining newbie is that he didn't want to run the risk of being out tattooed by one of them.

The only reason I can figure that he didn't go for a remaining newbie is that he didn't want to run the risk of being out tattooed by one of them.

I think this was exactly it, and he knew that it was a distinct possibility. Either Anthony or Christian could've easily beaten Jime, so for the sake of his ego he had to go down against another "vet."

• Love 2