Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E23: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

I didn't even realize this was on until I saw it on the DVR this morning.  Did they show a preview for this at the end of the 3rd installment of the reunion?  I remember even thinking after the reunion, "Oh, I guess they're not doing one of those 'previously unseen footage' episodes this season."

I generally like Joyce, but all the "pee pee" talk sounded ridiculous. 

You need to stop and evaluate your life when you're seriously contemplating lip plumping/injections and you go to Taylor for advice.  Aging gracefully is not necessarily a bad thing Kim!

Somehow I doubt that David's referring to the HWs as clowns was just repeating Yolanda's playful, self-deprecating joke.  I think he probably does think they're all annoying/crazy. 

I liked the fact that Ken's "new" wedding ring incorporated his original ring.  It seemed like the original ring was very sentimental to him.  :-)

• Love 1
(edited)

Yolanda's explanation about the clown comments was an attempt at some kind of save.  Not at all convincing, especially once one has read David's complete quote.  Of course, he's not wrong in his assessment but definitely an indication of bad manners and hubris on his part.  I live with a man who is all about his work, 24/7, and can find it difficult to get excited about much of anything else.  It's definitely trying and can take its toll -- He seems somehow unable to stop himself -- David, that is. These sorts of fellows aren't bad people but they do seem to expect others to take care of them endlessly and put their own needs on hold.  In a sense, everyone, including family members, become staff assistants.  I wonder sometimes if Yolanda hasn't grossly exaggerated her illness as a way of securing some measure of attention from her love. 

Yolanda seems to be in love with what he brings in terms of contacts and celebrity.  I would imagine it's pretty heady stuff for all of her phony talk about how the big names are "just" regular folks, whatever that means.  She's an odd mix of old-school courtesan and aspiring salon dowager.  Salon in the sense of a literary salon model, substituting musicians for writers.  They would both be far more likable if they could stop posing, preening, and pontificating.

Joyce's pee pee fixation is so very odd.  It's almost as though she's figured out that Andy Cohen loves these childish eccentricities because they can be recycled endlessly on his talk show.  So she came up with this nugget and decided to pound us over the head with it.  Bad visual, I know. 

Here's to hoping that the show undergoes an extreme makeover.  It would be great not to have to revisit the tabloid-suitcase conspiracy ever again.  Kyle is just so relentlessly suburban.  And I say this as a suburban SAHM myself.  Zero sophistication.  Lisa often misses the mark -- her hair, jewelry, and clothing choices can be beyond tacky and she's guilty of mangling the language like the rest of them but, for all her particular brand of BS, there's some spark there -- some wit and sense of proportion.  It's clear she considers herself better, more worldly, and together than the rest of them and I don't disagree with her on that score. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 3

I didn't even realize this was on until I saw it on the DVR this morning.  Did they show a preview for this at the end of the 3rd installment of the reunion?  I remember even thinking after the reunion, "Oh, I guess they're not doing one of those 'previously unseen footage' episodes this season."

I generally like Joyce, but all the "pee pee" talk sounded ridiculous. 

You need to stop and evaluate your life when you're seriously contemplating lip plumping/injections and you go to Taylor for advice.  Aging gracefully is not necessarily a bad thing Kim!

Somehow I doubt that David's referring to the HWs as clowns was just repeating Yolanda's playful, self-deprecating joke.  I think he probably does think they're all annoying/crazy. 

I liked the fact that Ken's "new" wedding ring incorporated his original ring.  It seemed like the original ring was very sentimental to him.  :-)

I think KIm has more important things she should be worried about than her lips

• Love 1

While I wish Joyce hadn't gone so overboard with peepee peepee peepeeeee, I wish they would have shown more of that couples dinner with Lisa and Ken.  That seems like it would have been fun and amusing, rather than the black hole of suckitude that was this season.

• Love 1

At least if Joyce is going to constantly talk about "pee pees" why can't she just call them what they are- penises? She sounds like an immature teenager giggling about "big pee pees!!!!" 

At least if Joyce is going to constantly talk about "pee pees" why can't she just call them what they are- penises? She sounds like an immature teenager giggling about "big pee pees!!!!" 

It's annoying and immature but in the face of all the f-bombs, I find it rather harmless. I'd rather her say pee pee than penis, if she must talk about it.  I wonder why she doesn't use a Spanish word. That would really jerk Brandi's chain. My PR friends use "bicho" in context, the meaning is clear.

Way, way too much Kim.

Pee-pee, penis, bicho ... I'd rather not hear ANY of them!  IMHO, Joyce needs desperately to come up with a new topic!  Just because she's the youngest doesn't give her carte blanche to act like it.

• Love 1