Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Wish List

• Start Topic

I know there are people here who are like me, in that I watch the show almost entirely for the brothers and their relationship. I enjoy the tertiary characters that orbit around them, but prefer them in smaller doses i.e. Jodi, Donna, I would even put Bobby here...I loved early Castiel and Crowley, but really struggled with both characters in later seasons because I think the writers just had no idea what to do with them. Their storylines were always somewhat tedious to me. And I enjoyed Dean's relationship with Castiel, but was kind of ready for things to return to Sam and Dean. 

I'm really hopeful these last two episodes lead us to a season with a lot of vignettes. I guess they have to deal with the nephilim but I really want to get back to MoTW more. 

So...my wish is that the beings and people that died and went into BizarroEarth yesterday stay dead and gone. 

• Love 4
(edited)

So, it's that time of year again where I start thinking of the next season and stuff I'd be interesting in them doing. Looking back at my list from last year, those still stand so I'm just going to copy and paste them here: 

• I think a monster who takes away their ability to speak could be really good. The show used to trust the audience more and have a lot more scenes without any dialogue and I think and entire episode without dialogue could be refreshing.
  • I'd love to see them on the road more. I remember us having some discussion about weird little roadside bits of Americana over a TWoP once. I'm not talking about the World's Largest Ball of Twine, but some really whacky obscure places (If you really want to fall into a worm hole, here's a fun link: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/)--or they could just make some fun ones up, too.. Perhaps they could do some sort of a scavenger hunt episode and incorporate some of these places? I don't now how to make it work yet, but think there's some possibilities there.
  • I'd love to see them do an episode where they end up stuck in the same town for a while. Maybe a couple of months? They usually roll in and out of town in a couple days, but they could stick around really delving into a mystery for some time. I would be interesting to see them kinda become part of a community while snooping around; form one or two relationships; plus, you just know that Dean would be getting all impatient and climbing the walls. 
  • I still think they should do a couple short little mini series each year delving into characters we've lost over the years. More Grumpy Old Hunters; A couple episodes of Jo and Ellen that year they were hunting together; Ghost Kevin and his mom...really the possibilities are endless. They could run them when the show is on hiatus or something.
  • Mostly though, my biggest wish for this show is simply for a few tightly written episodes that delight and keep the angst and bickering to a minimum. I wouldn't mind they open up the universe a bit either. The show's gotten a little claustrophobic, IMO and could use a few new characters to populate it.

Adding to that list: (BTW, this was harder due to where they left the show this season. It almost feels like a different show, but I don't believe it will actually be a different show in the end).

• As others have suggested, more just everyday stuff like them grocery shopping and doing their laundry and such. Hell they could do an entire episode of them buying flannel and finding the store is haunted or something.
  • My recent thinking about the Zanna made me realize they could do the boys' first "real" hunt episode. They have two actors who do pretty good teenage Sam and Dean and Matt Cohen could be used for John at that time... .
  • I think my biggest wish for S13 is they scale it all back. Leave Lucifer in the alternate universe, get rid of the spawn and just get back to humanity and hunting. 

Anyway, anyone else have some thinky thoughts?

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3

S13:
- I'm ready for Lucifer to go away. I'd like AUBobby to raise Jack and Jack FIX AUBobby's world.  
- I want OUR Cas back - I'd like his wings repaired and him to be the ONLY angel with repaired wings
- I want Mary back and interacting with the boys, for real.  
- I want Rowena to resurrect from that little voodoo doll
- I'd like the boys to start organizing hunters into a slightly more cohesive community
- I WANT THE LOCKS ON THE BUNKER CHANGED
- I want hell in chaos, Asmodeus to take over and the rest of the demons to realize Crowley was MUCH better
- Speaking of Crowley, I want a PROPER goodbye to him via Sam and Dean pouring a drink to his last heroic sacrifice.
- I want another Wendigo
- I'd like to see the boys go farther than the lush rainforests of Kansas (aka Vancouver)
- Like others, more routine stuff -- how are they getting their money?
- I'd like a Charlie and Kevin mention.

Waaaay out there:
- I'd like to see Ben come back, memories fully intact, and confront Dean about leaving.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, SueB said:

S13:
- I'm ready for Lucifer to go away. I'd like AUBobby to raise Jack and Jack FIX AUBobby's world.  
- I want OUR Cas back - I'd like his wings repaired and him to be the ONLY angel with repaired wings
- I want Mary back and interacting with the boys, for real.  
- I want Rowena to resurrect from that little voodoo doll
- I'd like the boys to start organizing hunters into a slightly more cohesive community
- I WANT THE LOCKS ON THE BUNKER CHANGED
- I want hell in chaos, Asmodeus to take over and the rest of the demons to realize Crowley was MUCH better
- Speaking of Crowley, I want a PROPER goodbye to him via Sam and Dean pouring a drink to his last heroic sacrifice.
- I want another Wendigo
- I'd like to see the boys go farther than the lush rainforests of Kansas (aka Vancouver)
- Like others, more routine stuff -- how are they getting their money?
- I'd like a Charlie and Kevin mention.

Waaaay out there:
- I'd like to see Ben come back, memories fully intact, and confront Dean about leaving.

I want more funky motel rooms with the cool room dividers. (I am a simple women)

• Love 7

I agree with pretty much everything you've all written...

Dispense with Lucifer and Lucifer, Jr.

Go back to hunting monsters and evil spirits.

Give us our funky hotel rooms (and the Bunker, I still love the Bunker).

Re-activate the Men of Letters and introduce more American hunters.

I'd say a day at the laundromat, but I have to think there's a laundry room in the Bunker.  Still, a day of them doing laundry and cleaning the kitchen would be fun.  I wonder who gets to clean the bathroom?

Jensen had mentioned at one of the Jibcon panels that they had talked about an episode where they drive into some small town and every member of the town is a past character from the show...Ellen, Jo, Balthazar, the Trickster, etc.  I'm not sure what the premise of the story could be, but I think it would be a fun idea.  Sam and Dean could recognize them, but they would all be different characters.  It would be great to see everyone again.

11 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Mostly though, my biggest wish for this show is simply for a few tightly written episodes that delight and keep the angst and bickering to a minimum. I wouldn't mind they open up the universe a bit either. The show's gotten a little claustrophobic, IMO and could use a few new characters to populate it.

I think the above is the biggest wish of all for me.  Just better writing and more entertaining episodes, with the boys still working together.  And no universe-ending crisis on the horizon...just saving people, hunting things.

• Love 2

I want a body swap episode with the boys. And since I'm watching Stonehenge Apocalypse in which Misha dresses like Dean and carries an EMF, I'd like Dean in Cas's body, Cas in Sam's body and Sam in Dean's body.

I want to see some kids they saved in the early seasons as hunters now. That's what happened to Asa Fox after Mary saved him, so they've set a precedent. Like Michael from "Something Wicked" I could see continuing on since he helped them save his brother.

On 6/2/2017 at 11:09 AM, SueB said:

Waaaay out there:

I second this. And he can be part of my "kids they saved became hunters" plan since he totally helped saved the other changeling children too. I've definitely read a fanfic where this happens.

• Love 1

I just want the usual stuff, like motivations I understand and more conversations and less exposition.  And can we have a whole season where the boys are not knocked out and tied up (with rope that always looks so loose) while the bad guy tells them his/her life history.  

And less FBI interview scenes.  This is lazy writing style to info dump even the Js must be bored doing this over and over again.

Like others - I'd rather enjoy a simple episode...  A Day in the Life of Sam and Dean that sort of thing.  It would also be cool to see Dean fixing up Baby or trying to order parts (does he get them from Bobby's scrapyard or did it burn?) Some scenes or mention of Dean fixing Baby and how about that garage?  Would they take another car for a ride and it's possessed or something?

Weird things happen at one of the no-tell motels (did anyone see the movie Vacancy?) that type of thing.

Or Dean is hexed or whatever and finds he actually CAN sing and gives a concert before the spell wears off.

I can think of a zillion ideas for MOTWs.  In terms of the ongoing seasonal arc.  Well, get rid of Luci & Son for starters.  I have zero interest.  Maybe Death returns and he's pissed.  Or more of the AU - although that could get complicated and these writers are not good with complicated.

Everyone has some great ideas.  I just wish the PTB read this site.

• Love 1

I want a meta episode wherein Cannon and Continuity are tortured and murdered by Plot, titled something like Every Thursday.

ETA: the edit only makes sense if you saw the original post : )

Edited by trxr4kids
opposite is the opposite of it happens every damn week
  • Love 4