Type keyword(s) to search

Adam Levine: He Moves like Jagger

• Start Topic

Haven't gotten into anyone yet on the show, yet I still find myself liking Adam as a judge more than the others. Pharrell is close, and I thought I would like Blake because country really is something I love, but I find Blake just.. meh. 

For me, I really don't get the Adam hate as I posted once before, but I like how Adam coaches. I really do. He doesn't seem bad to me, and I'm not seeing the annoyance or whatnot. I think like all the other coaches, as the competition goes on, he sees who on his team really does have the most potential. There's no doubt he probably plays favorite, but so do the others, and they all probably, on a subconscious level, gravitate towards those they THINK have the potential to survive. 

The Adam "hate" in my case (such as it is), is actually just "criticism".  I enjoy his schtick with Blake, like his interactions with everyone most of the time, and often like his song choices as an audience member even if I think he's not furthering the career of the singer with them.

The criticism I have is how he often sells people a bill of goods in the blinds because he's so competitive and wants to get those 4 chair turns (Gwen said he's the most competitive person she's ever known, so that kind of fits his M.O. as I see it).  I remember so many people that he convinced he completely believed in them...HAD to have them on his team...they were the best thing ever....definitely could win this, etc. etc. and then...boom! They're eliminated ASAP. 

When I see certain kinds of singers choose him based on the sales pitch (often older, and/or African American, possibly country) he'll either dump them ASAP or give them songs out of their range or genre so they "grow"--meanwhile not at all helping their branding for a future career. So, he's entertaining, but if I were a contestant on a 4 chair turn, I'd try to be blind to the charm and salesmanship (knowing he is very, very good "in the moment" at it) and he'd probably be my last choice.

• Love 2

I am sick to death of Adam's moronic (why yes, I DO think he is the actual moron) schoolyard name calling.  Honestly, is he stupid?  Can he not think of anything more clever than "You're a moron," or "You're so stupid?"  Such a bully, and unkind, and pretentious and unaware of how he comes across.  I think he thinks his ridiculous (imo) words and actions make him look cool.  I wish Blake would just mete out some country justice and hog tie him.

Adam Levine, to me, is a preening overblown self congratulatory idiot.  With eyes that are too close set to look anything but suspicious.   And yes, I know that he can't help the distance between his eyes.  It's just that once I start on the many ways I view him negatively, it is hard to stop.

Not a Maroon 5 fan, but even if I was, I wouldn't be just because of Adam Levine.

Pretty amazing to me how strongly I feel about someone who I have only ever seen on The Voice, but honestly, I think I have him correctly pegged.  My opinion only.

Beyond ready for a replacement judge.

Did I mention the overbearing smugness?

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, vast wasteland said:

Such a bully, and unkind, and pretentious and unaware of how he comes across.  I think he thinks his ridiculous (imo) words and actions make him look cool.  I wish Blake would just mete out some country justice and hog tie him.

Bully? I've never seen him do anything on The Voice (or anywhere else, actually) that even remotely resembles bullying. Him and Blake are really good friends and it's abundantly clear that all their interactions are good-natured ribbing between buddies.

• Love 2

So, on with my distaste for this person who I will never meet, who made following comments to Megan and Ashland after their battle:

Adam to Ashland: "I'm mad at you, you didn't choose me."

Adam to Megan:  "You also made me super sad.  This is nice, two people who ruined my day."

Again, my opinion only here, but way to make it all about yourself, Mr Ego.   A little analysis of their performance, which could be possibly be of use to them, was minimal, imo.

Can't say enough that  I'm fairly sure there are those who feel differently.  Room for all of us here, imo.

• Love 1
On 10/25/2017 at 0:51 PM, vast wasteland said:

So, on with my distaste for this person who I will never meet, who made following comments to Megan and Ashland after their battle:

Adam to Ashland: "I'm mad at you, you didn't choose me."

Adam to Megan:  "You also made me super sad.  This is nice, two people who ruined my day."

Again, my opinion only here, but way to make it all about yourself, Mr Ego.   A little analysis of their performance, which could be possibly be of use to them, was minimal, imo.

Can't say enough that  I'm fairly sure there are those who feel differently.  Room for all of us here, imo.

There was a comment Adam made during the Blinds this season about how his wedding ring was now the big Scarlet Letter or something else that was akin to him being off the market was the reason he wasn't getting as many people on this team that wanted. Did anyone else catch that? I suspect he thinks he can still woo the female contestants with declarations of "feelings" as an attempt to get them on his team.

As another poster said above, he lands some amazing people and then his choices about who to save are perfect examples of "WTF were you thinking?" I don't think he really wants a country artist to develop and work with; it's all to spite Blake and earn some possible bragging rights.

For what it's worth, he is a Pisces and diagnosed with ADHD, but doesn't take meds for that. (This is public knowledge - from People Magazine to Wikipedia) Combine those two traits and you've got a recipe for an authentically emotional person who really does care about others (aka his "favorites), yet has the inability to censor himself/think before he speaks. As a fellow Pisces, I try really hard to keep that in the back of my mind when he's on an ego trip, because I do know he's a talented musician, but has a major case of the "Look at Me Everyone!" going on. 

I still want to know in what world, and on what planet, he and Joe Jonas "hang out/run into each other all of time." It was so hard not to laugh out loud when I heard him say that!

For the record: Blake is my Boo (still need that on a T-shirt!) and I'm a Maroon 5 fan, who is first to say how awesome they are in concert, but I could take or leave Adam.

Edited by Bridget
Blake is my Boo
  • Love 5

Good points above about Adam.  There's no secret that I am not an Adam fan.  At first I liked him as a coach, but, he ruined that with his bizarre and crappy treatment of people on his team.  I'm almost over it.  Still, Congrats to Adam and his wife, as they are expecting a new baby girl. 

Also, I think that based on his level of talent, Adam is extremely fortunate to have had the level of success that he has achieved. I can hardly believe it.  He's a very lucky man.  

When Adam said that he hung out with Joe Jonas, I took it to mean that it's just part of the life of very rich and privileged hot guys who share in this private kind of hangout for hot, celebrities.  You know, women come just to get the chance to see them. lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

You know how you can dislike someone who you have never and will never meet?  And that colors everything about that person and what they do?  So that things that might otherwise get a pass get a sneer?

Yeah, that.

I have seen w-a-a-a-a-a-y more of Adam Levine's self beloved naked body than I would ever want to.

Not hot, IMO.  And certainly a google and a half away from how hot he thinks it is.

Of course, the baby is cute.

adam-levine.jpg?w=450&w=1000&q=85

Plus I don't like What Do Lovers Do, thought I did when it first started, then it got tedious, IMO  Plus how appropriate that it starts out all about him:

"Tell me, tell me if you love me or not, love me or not, love me or not?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOrx3cmPhUk

Edited by vast wasteland
On 9/20/2022 at 3:04 PM, Ubi Kanda said:

Oh, dear:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/lifestyle/celebrities/2022/09/20/6329004eca4741294b8b45ab.html

Was hoping to keep him buried in obscurity (on this board, at least), but this was too juicy to ignore.

I couldn’t open the link, but assume it’s about Adam and his female accusers.  I’ve never been a fan.  For me, he showed his true self by the way he treated people on his own team.  I wasn’t impressed.  

• Like 1
On 9/20/2022 at 12:04 PM, Ubi Kanda said:

Oh, dear:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/lifestyle/celebrities/2022/09/20/6329004eca4741294b8b45ab.html

Was hoping to keep him buried in obscurity (on this board, at least), but this was too juicy to ignore.

Judging from the photos, the wife is much prettier than the "mistress". I think a lot of these celebs cheat frequently. It's only a problem when they get caught. Adam cheats a lot. (Allegedly). He got caught.

I don't like ANY of the judges on this show. Are there no other qualified, talented judges to bring on this show? Gwen and Blake can take a long walk off a short pier. I don't mind John Legend (yet). This show is best served with cocktails and TIVO.

And enough with the contestants sob stories. 

Edited by chenoa333