Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 03/14/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Cosmocrush it's because Joy takes her job seriously. The others have other things going on in their lives and for them the View is just a platform to push their other ventures and get paid handsomely while doing it.

If CCB hadn't had Fuller House to promote I doubt she would have taken the gig or even asked for that matter. Paula was probably hired at a discount since she is already an employee of ABC. Haven't a clue why Michelle and Raven were hired.

• Love 4

Sorry y'all. I got sidetracked by Daredevil over the weekend. Not that anyone might care or anything.

So, Wednesday's show was preempted for me, with President Obama's conference revealing his pick for the Supreme Court.  Did anything exciting happen? In other words, should I bother watching it on demand? Because you know, the fast forward function is disabled.

Thursday, Thursday...ay yi yi. Jedidiah can just SHUT IT. I'm surprised, nay, SHOCKED that Sunny didn't point out to that person who loves to hear herself talk and yell she does so, because hey! She's ITALIAN! that the term for President is FOUR YEARS, Not three. I wanted to smash my fist through my teevee every time she said that "Obama has his foot out the door" so he should basically sit back and do NOTHING, and leave everything for the next president. And she said she used to TEACH? What did she teach? Art? How to write your ABCs?  Nimrodic Maroon.

And I can't agree with Sunny about the study, study and get those As! Because I know you CAN!  I was a good student. Mostly As and Bs.  But Math and Science were killers for me. I could never really get past a C. And I blame it on Geometry. It fucked with my brain and I was never the same again.  And those blasted word problems! Ahem.  But I was the world's worst test takers. I would just freeze if it wasn't a subject I loved and knew like the back of my hand, like English and History. So there you go! And now I'm going to sound like the worst hypocrite, because while I do understand that kids shouldn't have to make themselves sick and stressed with too much homework, inability to be the best of the best, the standards in other countries are higher, and their students do so much better than the students here in the U.S.  I'll use India for an example. Only because in the times I've visited, as a kid (I was 10), I saw the amount of work my cousins and friends had to do.  And school was six days a week, with Sundays off.

BUT, I firmly believe that parents should just tell their kids, do the best you can, and if a C is the best one can do in any given subject or subjects, then be proud of them for that.  And Raven, shut your pie hole. Again, I'll say that I was extremely lucky and blessed with the teachers I got. In elementary, junior and high school;and college.

Okay, I listened very carefully. Joy did not call Paula a slut or whore.  What she said was, for Paula to have been with only one man, her husband, was something that was "unheard of" these days. She compared it to being like a dinosaur.  It was Paula who called herself a whore, and then gave that huge shit-eating grin, which caused Raven to scream, jump out of her chair and go running offstage. Paula continues to try and be funny and continues to fail EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

And don't get me started on how we're not meant to be monogamous. That we shouldn't "HAVE" to be with ONE person because that's what "we're told to do."  If that's how Raven feels, fine. And I don't want to be mean; okay, I'll be mean, because it's Monday, I'm tired and cranky, and coffee has no effect on me.  How would she feel knowing that her mom and dad weren't married and together, since she's also ALLLLL about herrrrr parentssssssss. And how great they were, with her growing up. Unless I zoned out and she didn't say all that stuff?

Friday: It's juvenile of me, but I was laughing and smiling when Joy did her impression of the catcallers "Yomamamuamuamua" when talking about Scarborough and his telling Hillary to "SMILE!" conversation. And it totally was SEXIST, Paula! And that's all I'm going to say, because it's time for me to start work, and I don't wanna get in trouble.

I'll end on this note: Why? Whywhywhywhyyyyyyyyyy? Couldn't the suits have hired Holly Robinson Peete to come over on this show after CBS summarily fired her for no good reason?

And y'all can tell me how many shows Raven had, and so she's worked in "the industry" for years, and years. I have a very good memory--that is, I remember those actors who impressed me and who I liked and disliked. But I swear, and I watched Hangin' With Mr. Cooper and I DO NOT remember Raven as one of the children on the show. Shows how much of an impression she made on me. I just remember her annoying Olivia on Cosby and then heard about her So Raven on Disney.

It's just so strange to see Marcia Clark smiling and laughing. I just remember her as this serious, no-nonsense ADA from the Simpson trial. She was a good co-host.

If I can' remember other stuff, I'll post later tonight.

• Love 5

GHScorpiosrule, your post reminded me of something. Raven said that humans are animals, and animals are not monogamous. I can't come up with examples right now, but plenty of species ARE monogamous. It's not unheard of, but it does seem to be species specific.

• Love 3

GHScorpiosrule, your post reminded me of something. Raven said that humans are animals, and animals are not monogamous. I can't come up with examples right now, but plenty of species ARE monogamous. It's not unheard of, but it does seem to be species specific.

Oh yes, I remember that. I can't believe Joy didn't know that WOLVES mate for life. I didn't know that beavers and otters did. I think Jaguars do as well. Don't quote me on that. I'magonnahafta look it up.

ETA: Google is my friend! Listed below are some that mate for life. Bite me, Raven.

•Gibbon apes

•wolves

•termites

•coyotes

•barn owls

•beavers

•bald eagles

•golden eagles

•condors

•swans

•brolga cranes

•French angel fish

•sandhill cranes

•pigeons

•prions

•red-tailed hawks

•anglerfish

•ospreys

•prairie voles

•black vultures

Source:

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Termites! LOL

If Raven thinks that sleeping with everybody she meets is the right way then that is her life. If Paula fell in love with her husband in college and has slept with him only than that is her life.

All I know is if you find someone to love and loves you back that is the ideal relationship to have. Sleeping around for the sake of sex is not ideal. But, that's just me!

• Love 2

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!Oooh!Ooh! (said in Ahnald Horshack's voice) Thought of something else.

That I found utterly ridiculous.

That Paula said.  Naturally.

It was about that baseball player, signing his retirement papers because he couldn't bring his 14-year old son to the clubhouse everyday.  And Paula's reasoning for him to not do that? Because this is Daddy's time for his "family" and to "bond" with his teammates. To which, I said, whut?.  So she thinks that his two worlds, work and family (wife/kid) shouldn't "collide"? That they should remain separate? What the fuck ever.  I would say, he shouldn't bring him every day, because that's where Dad WORKS.  And yes, it's true he probably wouldn't be able to fully concentrate, knowing his son was there, and hoping he was behaving himself and staying out of trouble. Unless the kid is a perfectly behaved teenager.  I mean, does he not have any friends his own age? That he wants to just be with his dad all the time? I can understand a bring your child to work day that happens occasionally.

But my reasoning isn't the cockamamie reasoning Paula came up with.

But that's just me.

• Love 1

Oh yes, I remember that. I can't believe Joy didn't know that WOLVES mate for life. I didn't know that beavers and otters did. I think Jaguars do as well. Don't quote me on that. I'magonnahafta look it up.

ETA: Google is my friend! Listed below are some that mate for life. Bite me, Raven.

Source:

Don't forget lobsters!   Actually I don't know if lobsters really mate for life or not but I remember Phoebe [Friends reference] kept saying Ross was Racheal's lobster; destined to be together, LOL.   

• Love 1

Don't forget lobsters!   Actually I don't know if lobsters really mate for life or not but I remember Phoebe [Friends reference] kept saying Ross was Racheal's lobster; destined to be together, LOL.   

Well the author of the piece did say those were just some of the animals that mated for life! Also, there was an update: Black Vultures? Would kill their mates if said mate cheated on them.  And the Apes? Notorious for cheating on each other. Don't know how the humans know that, but that's what was reported!

So I guess Raven was right after all! But I'm not conceding that.  Until I read empirical proof that that is the case.

• Love 1

Don't forget the various insects (such as the praying mantis) & arachnids (such as the black widow) for which the mating ritual ends with the female devouring the male.  

• Love 3