Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: What Devil Do

Harlee and Wozniak secure more details on the big score and meet Donnie's silent partner, who reveals himself to be an DEA agent.  They learn the big score is an armored car heist.  Wozniak takes interest in a fellow marine veteran who is suspected of murder under dubious circumstances.

So much dumb.

Dumb Harlee for continually lying to Cristina. Dumb Harlee for lying to creepy Stahl about the DEA agent. Dumb Harlee for neglecting to tell Woz about Miguel being out.

Dumb Chen for pushing to get Miguel out. He was a sketchy guy when he was framed for murder. What makes Chen think that Miguel wouldn't be a wildcard spoiler in the FBI investigation as he seeks vengeance against Woz and company? So dumb and poorly thought out.

Dumb Stahl for letting Harlee know about his crush. She's only going to use it against him. And he was dumb not to lay it out to Chen that getting Miguel out could possibly jeopardize their investigation because Miguel might be looking to take Woz and Harlee out.

I'd call Cristina dumb for going to talk to Miguel, but both Cristina and Harlee lie so much to each other that Cristina believing Miguel is not surprising.

And Woz is so so dumb because all, and I mean ALL, of these assholes lie to him all of the time. Donnie lied about who the big boss was. His squad is constantly lying about where they are and what they're up to. These are not the type of people you get into illicit dealings with.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6

so much negativity this last few weeks I mean the show isn't perfect but come on..

anyway I enjoyed this one more that the previous episode, I tho she was the one playing Sthal but they're playing each other I'm sure he wasn't calling anyone when he was at his place with her.

I liked that the sub plot was connected to the big one  I thought it was just to fill the voids at first looking forward to the last 3 episodes. 

• Love 3

I still don't understand why Harlee lied to Cristina about Miguel in the first place. I mean yeah I suppose it was to discourage her from reading his letters and wanting more of a relationship with him, but I'd think showing her those pictures of her beaten-up face would have done the trick, and she did that anyway. So now whatever happens with Cristina and Miguel is gonna be bad and probably somehow interfere with the takedown.

I guess I should have assumed with all the sketchiness that we'd see Donnie outright lie to Woz eventually, but I wasn't expecting the murdered landlord to tie into the larger plot, so good on the show for sneaking that in.

Was Harlee using Stahl's crush on her against him when she went to ask for immunity for the team? I honestly couldn't tell. The kiss was inappropriate and came out of nowhere but she didn't look too surprised by it, honestly, almost like she wanted it to happen. Well, I guess she didn't she didn't seem too bothered by it since it seems to have gotten her what she wanted. I was thinking she'd try to make a deal to protect the rest of the crew minus Woz eventually.

• Love 1

Stahl was just pretending to make the phone call when he left the room right? I'm assuming that's what was happening.  Talking all loud to make sure Harlee heard him?

• Love 3

Stahl was just pretending to make the phone call when he left the room right? I'm assuming that's what was happening. Talking all loud to make sure Harlee heard him?

Yeah that's what I figured with that and they never showed him talking on the phone.

Also, in the preview for next week they showed Harlee yelling, "You lied to me!".

• Love 2
I'm sure he wasn't calling anyone when he was at his place with her.

Yeah, go into the other room, shut the door, then SHOUT EVERYTHING YOU ARE SAYING so the person in the first room can hear every word.

Right.

I agree with Hunter: "So much dumb." This show is losing me. And lots of others, based on the practically no posts here today.

• Love 2

Was Harlee using Stahl's crush on her against him when she went to ask for immunity for the team? I honestly couldn't tell. The kiss was inappropriate and came out of nowhere but she didn't look too surprised by it, honestly, almost like she wanted it to happen. Well, I guess she didn't she didn't seem too bothered by it since it seems to have gotten her what she wanted. I was thinking she'd try to make a deal to protect the rest of the crew minus Woz eventually.

I don't remember if she left them, didn't she put cameras at his place ? if everything was recorded she can use that against him.

• Love 2

I agree with Hunter: "So much dumb." This show is losing me. And lots of others, based on the practically no posts here today.

I guess they still watch but don't discute it online or here when you look at the L+7 rating it's pretty stable it has over 9M viewers each week

• Love 6

I don't remember if she left them, didn't she put cameras at his place ? if everything was recorded she can use that against him.

That's right, I had forgotten that. She was watching him on her computer when his "Harlee Hooker" date came to the door. Good point, eliza!

And she did not retrieve the "necklace" from Woz's trashcan as I thought she would have/could have. So that was an excellent way to get rid of her Stahl wire.

That's right, I had forgotten that. She was watching him on her computer when his "Harlee Hooker" date came to the door. Good point, eliza!

And she did not retrieve the "necklace" from Woz's trashcan as I thought she would have/could have. So that was an excellent way to get rid of her Stahl wire.

No she turned off her computer right before the date with the hooker.

No she turned off her computer right before the date with the hooker.

Yes, she did. I know that. My post was to thank eliza for reminding us (me, specifically) that Harlee has a surveillance camera in Stahl's apartment. 

So instead of the Armenian money train we have the DEA armored car pick up? I have already seen the Strike Team go from testi -lying to murdering a fellow cop to the big rip off. Will Woz or Harlee eventually be sentenced to working at a desk in a basement for three years of almost solitary confinement?

• Love 2

Stahl is still creepy to me. I think Harlee is considering getting closer to him just to get her crew immunity. Which is ... noble of her, I guess. But ick.

Cristina is being a moron. But Harlee's lying isn't helping. Miguel is being super creepy, as well.

Why did Harlee not sell out the DEA agent to Stahl?

Did the side plot at the sex club get wrapped up? For the life of me, I could not concentrate on that story. Just ... Woz being nice to the drunk marine who may or may not have killed someone ... and the guy yelling about the devil.

Did the side plot at the sex club get wrapped up? For the life of me, I could not concentrate on that story. Just ... Woz being nice to the drunk marine who may or may not have killed someone ... and the guy yelling about the devil.

No it didn't, as it looks like it's playing into the larger plot. Nothing definitive on the landlord that the marine thought he murdered, but Donnie had one of the armored car drivers kill the sex club owner/devil.

• Love 1

I'm behind a few episodes, so trying to play catch-up.  So, the big heist is apparently going to be a DEA armored truck, carrying a bunch of drug money.  Perfect choice since, yeah, Woz and his crew can easily tell themselves that they're just taking money from bad guys and, hey, it's not going to be used anyway, so why not use it for themselves?  Oh, and the man behind everything is a DEA guy played by Stephen Lang.  Always great to see him, although he was surprisingly subdue in this episode.  Maybe he'll bring out the scenery chewing in future episodes.  Or maybe there is a rule on that this show that no one is allowed to out-camp Ray Liotta.

Stahl is so, so playing Harlee with that phone call.  He was way too loud and it sounded so fake.  So, either he's lying or Warren Kohle suddenly forgot how to act, which is usually not the case with him.  But at least Stahl finally got his big creep on, and planted one on Harlee.  Harlee didn't seem surprised, so I guess she knew he was into her all along.  I guess he isn't that good at hiding it, to be fair.

Harlee's lying to Cristina to Miguel is probably going to blow up in her face now.  No one is really coming out looking in good in this situation, but I my expectations aren't as high for a kid like Cristina or a bastard like Miguel.  Harlee though, should have been way smarter about this.

I have no idea what is going on with the solider, the landlord murder, and the fetish club, except it seems like Donnie is behind it.  Also, anytime I see Donnie, I think of Michael Esper's role in The Family right now, and wait for him to kidnap another kid.

• Love 1