Type keyword(s) to search

Charmed: Elimination Games

Piper/Leo

Piper/Mark Chao

Phoebe/Cole

Phoebe/Drake

Paige/Henry

Awww, somehow I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Prue/Andy quite yet, but it's time to do so anyway :) The next round is open! My vote: Piper/Mark Chao...I liked them, but it was just one episode. On a similar note, Phoebe/Drake had better enjoy their dancing while they can, because I'm coming for them next ;) 

Wouldn't you know that poor Piper's first boyfriend was a ghost!

Ha! Actually, the first of Piper's boyfriends was Jeremy, the warlock who tried to kill her. The next was Mark, dead by the time she met him. And then came Leo...yes, our sister who most craves normalcy hasn't had the best of luck finding 'normal' guys, has she?! :) 

Our final four: 

Piper/Leo

Phoebe/Cole

Phoebe/Drake

Paige/Henry

I am going to go with Phoebe/Cole. Nothing against them. I shipped them as a couple in season three and the first half of season four, but then everything went wrong and neither were the same from then on. :(

I'm going with Piper/Leo....Cole was my first crush and he was easily Phoebe's best boyfriend, even if it got ruined after he got possessed by the Source. Plus, Piper/Leo was ruined once they decided to separate the two at the end of season 5. 

I'm so torn! Can I ramble to you guys about why? I can? Thanks ;) 

So Henry/Paige is definitely the remaining pairing that annoyed me the least, but that's no doubt related to the fact that we also saw far less of them so they weren't around long enough for the writers to destroy ;) And objectively this pairing just fits together so well for me---neither was raised by their biological families, both were searching for acceptance and belonging for parts of their lives, both care passionately about helping others, both can be snarky and tough but have surprisingly warm hearts, both are searchers and fighters. And yet Henry's demeanor is generally calm, level, measured etc., which is a great balance to how the more animated, extroverted Paige can get too neurotic, impulsive, etc. I feel like she'd add great energy, warmth, openness and fun to his life while he'd ground her and make her feel steady and secure. But, again, of the three remaining couples, Paige/Henry was given far less screen time and therefore arguably the the least essential to the show's overall plots, characterizations, etc....by far! 

As for Piper/Leo, I love the idea of two genuinely good, kind and relatively sane people (and by 'people', I mean whitelighter and witch, of course!) as the primary couple when TV is so dominated by troubled, nasty 'antiheroes' and toxic dynamics. And there are some Piper/Leo moments that I really do love. But I too often found myself indifferent to them at best and irritated with them at worst, and as we've chatted about elsewhere, I can't claim that I think their relationship made either character anywhere near as likable, interesting or happy as I would have hoped...and that's even BEFORE they split up at the end of S5 :) 

Phoebe/Cole is the one I'm most ambivalent about. In some ways they fit into that category I alluded to above as the toxic, far too problematic ship with the 'good' female trying to redeem the 'bad' guy she's so drawn to. In real life, I'd want to date and desperately want my friends to date a Leo or a Henry over a Cole, and that's even Cole when he was 'good', who, like Paige and Prue, I found too slick :)  Phoebe and Cole had far too many issues that started ruining them for me a while before they were actually over and by the end I was really glad that they were done for good, which obviously is not the way I generally feel about the pairings I love :) The thing is, though, at their best they got to me like no other couple on this show and few other couples on ANY show. I totally bought what the show was selling---that these were two people fated to cross paths who connected on every conceivable level and were powerfully drawn to each other no matter what.

It was cathartic to vent about all this, but I can't say it helped clarify my actual vote much :) For now, I'll cast it against Piper/Leo, but I may very well change that by the time you read that! Meanwhile, hopefully 4eva or other voters will return before I have to end this round! 

• Love 3

I love your post, Amen. And can I say, I agree with every single word you said. Phoebe/Cole especially is a couple I would normally hate, but I can feel that they are just drawn to each other even when they don't want to be. 

As for now, my vote goes to Piper/Leo. While there were moments I liked, overall this couple does nothing for me.

• Love 1

I really love the supportive, sweet and bright Charmed fans we have here...and especially how we can disagree so respectfully, which is definitely not a given in every fandom :) 

Our final two:

Phoebe/Cole

Paige/Henry

Meanwhile, should we do non-romantic relationships next?!

Meanwhile, I'll cast a sad vote against Paige/Henry as well. I love them for all the reasons I rambled about above, and they have the rather dubious honor of being the Charmed couple I'd be most likely to write a fanfiction about, but I can't get past how compelling and occasionally swoon-worthy I found Phoebe/Cole and how much more vital a role that pairing played in the overall series. Cole was around during the highest peak of the show for me, coincidentally or otherwise :)  

Yeah, this is a somewhat hard one for me, but I'll go with Paige/Henry as well. Phoebe/Cole just became that Couple for me in seasons 3 and 4. They just managed to make it work. Rewatching some of the earlier seasons really shows me that they are two people that shouldn't have worked together, but they did. Cole was also just my first crush on the show. If Paige/Henry got two seasons together, I think it would have been an impossible choice. 

Since it's clear that Phoebe and Cole will win anyway, I'll still cast my vote against them. xD It's not like it will make a difference whichever way I choose to vote.

I guess I just have more of a soft spot for Paige/Henry, because they were the best part of a rotten season, and because there just wasn't enough screentime for their relationship to get tarnished. Meanwhile, I love season three and Phoebe/Cole's relationship within that season, but... it doesn't help that I'm currently in season five of my current rewatch where there is just nothing left between the two of them.

Oh yeah, that no one can deny.

Also, in regards to platonic relationships (which I think should also include sibling bonds too), here are a few ideas if we need to start up a list: Prue/Piper, Piper/Phoebe, Prue/Phoebe, Leo/Cole, Leo/Victor, Phoebe/Kyra, Chris/Wyatt, Andy/Darryl, Paige/Cole, Phoebe/Paige. Those are just a few off the top of my head.

(edited)

But you have to admit, Cole is one sexy insane demon at the end.

I never enjoy Cole more than I do in S5! I'm not sure quite what that says about me, but O'm sure it's nothing good ;) 

It looks like Cole/Phoebe is our winner! 

Starting our list of platonic relationships, after which we can do the sweetest and most "awww"-worthy scenes of each season....

Prue/Piper 

Piper/Phoebe 

Prue/Phoebe

Piper/Paige

Phoebe/Paige

Leo/Cole 

Leo/Paige

Leo/Prue

Leo/Phoebe

Prue/Victor

Piper/Victor

Phoebe/Victor

Paige/Victor

Prue/Grams

Piper/Grams

Phoebe/Grams

Paige/Grams

Leo/Victor 

Phoebe/Kyra 

Andy/Darryl 

Paige/Cole

Prue/Cole

Piper/Cole

Darryl/Sisters (there's no real point in listing them separately, because he seems to have the same relationship with all of them!)

Andy/non-Prue sisters

Chris/Leo

Chris/Piper

Chris/Wyatt

...Did I leave out any that I should have included? Included any that I should have left out?! It's kind of tricky because, let's face it, our sisters don't really have very strong, well-developed relationships with anyone except various love interests and one another :) 

Edited by amensisterfriend

I can't think of any additional ones either, unless we include relationships involving Billie and Christy, which...why bother, right?! ;) Feel free to start voting against the three you most want eliminated :) 

Prue/Piper 

Piper/Phoebe 

Prue/Phoebe

Piper/Paige

Phoebe/Paige

Leo/Cole 

Leo/Paige

Leo/Prue

Leo/Phoebe

Prue/Victor

Piper/Victor

Phoebe/Victor

Paige/Victor

Prue/Grams

Piper/Grams

Phoebe/Grams

Paige/Grams

Leo/Victor 

Phoebe/Kyra 

Andy/Darryl 

Paige/Cole

Prue/Cole

Piper/Cole

Darryl/Sisters 

Andy/non-Prue sisters

Chris/Leo

Chris/Piper

Chris/Wyatt

(edited)

Typing out this list reminded me that I have to ask you guys about Victor! I felt like the depiction of his character and his relationships with the sisters was so inconsistent. I'm feeling anti-Victor and am more apt to fast forward through his scenes/episodes than almost anyone else on this list, so I'll go with:

Prue/Victor

Piper/Victor

Prue/Victor 

I don't think it was inconsistent except for a couple of episodes in the first season.  After that, he was supportive and took on raising the boys when the girls "died".  I think he made up for ditching them as kids and, in all fairness, how much of that had to do with Patty having an affair?  I'm not sure I'd do that well with a mother-in-law like Grams either, witch or no witch!

Victor was a waste of a character. His relationship with Prue could have been much richer and mined for drama if they had explored it more. I also think his relationships with Piper/Phoebe could have been mined for good character drama. What if they finally had their dream father in their life, but he was a huge disappointment. Or they could have even explored a relationship where Piper was jealous of the Chris/Victor relationship (similar to Gilmore girls with Emily/Lorelai/Rory). And Victor meeting Paige should have been a big moment in the show considering her parentage. But nothing.

I digress. Prue/Victor, Andy/non-Prue sisters, Victor/Paige

Prue/Piper 

Piper/Phoebe 

Prue/Phoebe

Piper/Paige

Phoebe/Paige

Leo/Cole 

Leo/Paige

Leo/Prue

Leo/Phoebe

Piper/Victor

Phoebe/Victor

Prue/Grams

Piper/Grams

Phoebe/Grams

Paige/Grams

Leo/Victor 

Phoebe/Kyra 

Andy/Darryl 

Paige/Cole

Prue/Cole

Piper/Cole

Darryl/Sisters 

Chris/Leo

Chris/Piper

Chris/Wyatt

Prue/Victor, Paige/Victor and Andy/Non-Prue Sisters are history, and the next round is open! Just vote for the three that you most want eliminated :) 

Prue/Piper 

Piper/Phoebe 

Prue/Phoebe

Piper/Paige

Phoebe/Paige

Leo/Paige

Leo/Prue

Leo/Phoebe

Piper/Victor

Phoebe/Victor

Piper/Grams

Phoebe/Grams

Paige/Grams

Leo/Victor 

Andy/Darryl 

Paige/Cole

Prue/Cole

Piper/Cole

Darryl/Sisters 

Chris/Leo

Chris/Piper

Chris/Wyatt

I'll vote against Phoebe/Kyra, Leo/Cole and Prue/Grams as well, and those are now eliminated! (Leo/Cole actually could have been interesting and a lot of fun---a chance to develop both characters more outside of their roles in the supernatural world and as love interests. Alas....!) The next round is open, and we're still voting against three :)

(edited)

My votes: Paige/Grams, Piper/Victor, and Piper/Cole. 

Waiting a little bit for Lady C before ending this round! Meanwhile, someone needs to curb my temptation to just eliminate every item on this list other than the sisters' relationships :) 

Prue/Piper 

Piper/Phoebe 

Prue/Phoebe

Piper/Paige

Phoebe/Paige

Leo/Paige

Leo/Prue

Leo/Phoebe

Phoebe/Victor

Piper/Grams

Phoebe/Grams

Leo/Victor 

Andy/Darryl 

Paige/Cole

Prue/Cole

Piper/Cole 

Chris/Leo

Chris/Piper

Chris/Wyatt

Piper/Victor, Paige/Grams and Darryl/Sisters is history, and the next round is open! We're still voting against three :)