Type keyword(s) to search

Charmed: Elimination Games

(edited)

I'm so torn, because on one hand Cole was so much more important to the storylines, themes and overall show than Henry, and I did find him compelling and entertaining most of the time...but I just genuinely LIKE Henry so much more! So I'll sadly vote against Cole :) 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 1

*whispers* Phoebe *unwhispers* Phoebe's obsession with family/babies led to a lot of bad choices for me by the last two seasons. And it led to Dex. I was never sick of Henry, maybe because he was only in one season.

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I am surprised he's been hanging in there as well.  Not arguing, Not Beth, just curious as to why you like Henry so much.

He's possibly the only good thing about season eight. It's also probable that just he's not in the show for long enough for his character to get ruined. Cole was in the show for just long enough for his character to get ruined - I enjoyed his arc in the third season; I didn't like his arc in season four, but at least they gave him a good ending, until they dragged him back for season five. And Phoebe's personality just went downhill as each season went by.

:) I hope that answers your curiosity. Please feel free to respond with your opinions too.

• Love 2
(edited)

Our triumphant trio:

Prue

Piper

Paige

This pains me, but I have t vote against Piper. She's got so many great qualities and I've grown to like and appreciate her more than ever before, especially after reading some of your great posts, but she's got this tendency to be depressingly negative and constantly complain and nag about every little thing (which happens to be a pet peeve of mine!), and most of her many storylines with Leo didn't do either character any favors IMO. I'll probably be the only one to vote against her, though, so knowing my vote is most likely meaningless makes me feel less guilty about casting it :)

Edited by amensisterfriend

Prue. I love Prue, and I originally started watching the show specifically for Shannon Doherty - I used to be a huge fan. However; of the three remaining women, I just love her just a little less.

I'm voting against Piper. Paige was my first favourite out of the show, since I started watching in late season 5. I grew to really love and appreciate Prue as a character during rewatches. Piper's great, but she can be a little much at times. Mainly her attitude toward Leo in the later seasons. 

Prue

Paige

Our final two never got to interact on screen, but they both have a special place in my heart :) 

Should we do relationships next? If so, platonic relationships, romantic relationships, or both on the the same list?

Ok, this one is surprisingly difficult, because I really do love both (and I also relate to both). But I have to cast my vote to evict Prue. I just related to Paige more, and I'll always enjoy her the most out of all the sisters. 

25 minutes ago, amensisterfriend said:

Lady C., can I beg you to go over to the Paige thread and talk in detail about why you love and relate to her? I'd love to read it and will probably agree with the majority of it :) 

No begging is required! At some point this weekend, if it's not tonight, I'll hop over and express my feelings on the lovely Paige Matthews (Halliwell)!

• Love 1

My vote is for platonic relationships first. I have a question. Can we add the sister's relationships to ghosts/demons, etc. I ask because I can't think of a lot of significant platonic relationships on the show outside of the sisters. However, I would love to include Piper's relationship to John Cho's character or Phoebe's relationship to Cordelia Chase...err...Kira. There's also the Leo/Chris relationship. Leo/Cole. Paige/Leo. Did Prue and Antonio Sabato Jr. ever get romantic? Gram/Leo/Chris?

I guess what I'm asking is how significant does the relationship have to be to the show, since a lot of these relationships were shown in one-off episodes or were given very minimal attention.

After demons/villains, we could split relationships in two. Platonic relationships, and then romantic relationships. We could expand romantic relationships to more than just a recurring arc, but ones that people remember (Jeremy/Piper, or Piper/Ghost John Cho, for example, as both are memorable in their own ways). I mean, for me, we'd have to include Phoebe/Cupid, even if it was only a one episode thing and it didn't really go anywhere. It's still memorable to me and I think it could count as potential for a romantic relationship, right? 

But I guess we should start compiling a list for the demons/villains of the series. I guess I'll leave that to @amensisterfriend

But I guess we should start compiling a list for the demons/villains of the series. I guess I'll leave that to @AMENSISTERFRIEND

I'm going to need tons of help compiling the list of villains/demons, so please feel free to start listing any and all that come to mind! 

Ok! Well, I guess I'll start!

Well, there's The Source, Belthazor, Barbas, Gideon, Zankou, Jeremy, The Triad, Christy/The Ultimate Power, Rex, Hannah, The Crone, The Seer, and I think those are all the 'main' demons/villains. Then there are the one off or small arc villains, but I'll let others throw out suggestions! 

• Love 1

Kyra; Litvack (the demon after Bane whilst he hid away at his dream house with Prue); Ludlow (owned the demon academy that had bounty hunters bring in potential trainees like Tyler the firestarter); speaking of bounty hunters: Krell the Zotar (he went after Cole/Belthazor after he killed the Triad); Stanely (We can never forget Stanley! - The Day the Magic Died).

I'll leave it at that for now. I might suggest more one-episode only demons later. If I think of more.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Not Beth said:

Krell the Zotar

"I'm Krell, a Zotar."
"I'm Prue, a Scorpio." Love that moment. 

Also don't forget Matthew Tate and Nicholas. And the Water Demon. And would the Nexus count? LOL. Oh, and don't forget Abby, the one from Sight Unseen. And....do we include the Elders or not? 

I'm really trying to think of memorable, one off villains. I know we can't include them all! 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

"I'm Krell, a Zotar."
"I'm Prue, a Scorpio." Love that moment. 

Also don't forget Matthew Tate and Nicholas. And the Water Demon. And would the Nexus count? LOL. Oh, and don't forget Abby, the one from Sight Unseen. And....do we include the Elders or not? 

I'm really trying to think of memorable, one off villains. I know we can't include them all! 

That's so the part I was thinking of when I mentioned Krell. xD Great scene.

Can't believe I forgot Matthew and Nicholas and the Water Demon! They're integral warlocks and demons to the early years of the show. I don't think the Nexus counts, but definitely the Woogyman.

• Love 1

I'm shocked no one has mentioned Shax yet. The one demon to successfully kill a Charmed one. I always liked the Warlock from Pre-Witched. (I did a Google search but his name in that episode didn't seem to be listed.) I also liked Kurzon from the Three Faces of Phoebe. And also the Spider Demon from Spin City. (Glancing at the list it seems we need more female villains.)

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

The one demon to successfully kill a Charmed one. I always liked the Warlock from Pre-Witched. (I did a Google search but his name in that episode didn't seem to be listed.)

I think everyone called him Shadow because that was his name when he was a cat.

What about the Warlock that killed Natalie? I think his name was Eames?

Also, how about the Brotherhood of the Thorn? The only demon's name I can think of off the top of my head from that lot is Klea. Oh and Raynor who I think was Cole's mentor.

Edited to add:

Oh and can we add Evil Wyatt to this one?

Edited by Not Beth
(edited)
13 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm shocked no one has mentioned Shax yet. The one demon to successfully kill a Charmed one. I always liked the Warlock from Pre-Witched. (I did a Google search but his name in that episode didn't seem to be listed.) I also liked Kurzon from the Three Faces of Phoebe. And also the Spider Demon from Spin City. (Glancing at the list it seems we need more female villains.)

How did I forget about Shax? Yeah, I'm thinking about some more memorable female villains, but a lot of them I just didn't like (for example, I didn't like the Sea Hag, or the Wicked Witch from Happily Ever After or the villain from Freaky Phoebe). I guess that's why they could fit on the list? Oh, there's also Ginny the genie. And there's Terra, the evil spirit who possessed Piper in season 3. Oh, and the Siren.

Also other villains I've thought of? Vinceres from Primrose, Abraxas, the Banshee.

Obviously, we should narrow our list down a little bit because we have so many villains we could use.

Also, another possible round we could play is a round where the sisters turn into something else (Banshee, vampire, Wendigo, and we could even include possessions or when the sisters go evil). 

Edited by Lady Calypso

Okay, here's what we have so far....let me know if there are any more we should add!

The Source

Belthazor 

Barbas 

Gideon 

Zankou 

Jeremy 

The Triad 

Christy/The Ultimate Power 

Rex 

Hannah 

The Crone

The Seer

Evil Wyatt

Shax

Shadow

Brotherhood of the Thorn

Eames

Kurzon

Spider Demon

Matthew

Nicholas

Water Demon

Woogyman

Kyra 

Litvack (the demon after Bane whilst he hid away at his dream house with Prue)

Ludlow (owned the demon academy that had bounty hunters bring in potential trainees like Tyler the firestarter) 

Krell the Zotar (he went after Cole/Belthazor after he killed the Triad) 

Stanely (We can never forget Stanley! - The Day the Magic Died)

• Love 1

If I counted correctly, that's 28, so I don't think we need anymore than that. It's just a case of whether or not some are replaced with other villains we can think of?

Also, you don't need to keep the brackets after the names of the demons I mentioned. xD I only did that since they're not necessarily best remembered by name.

I was also going to throw out Evil Wyatt, mostly because even though Evil Wyatt was from the future, that was the entire purpose of Chris coming back from the future and it gave the entire main plot of season 6. But I also understand that we have a lot of villains. 

3 minutes ago, amensisterfriend said:

Lady C, Evil Wyatt is already on the list! 

Not Beth, I LOVE your descriptors of those demons...it helps people with memories as awful as mine to recall who the heck some of these are :) 

Heh, I guess I didn't look closely enough! I was about to go on another one of my spiels! 

I tend to forget a lot of the demons' names, so the descriptions are great!