Type keyword(s) to search

Charmed: Elimination Games

Prue/Phoebe is our winner, and we're on to our next challenge! Just list any sweet and awwww-worthy S1 scenes that leap to mind :)

I'd be so disappointed if we didn't continue!

Awww---no chance of that, my friend! As long as there's even one person who still wants to hang out here and play, I'll always be around to run whatever game we feel like playing. This is the advantage to me not having much of a life  :) 

I think part of the fun of this will be picking the moments.

That moment from "Which Prue is it..." near the beginning where the sisters are play fighting after Phoebe's told them that she's learning to fight. Literally just before Phoebe's premonition ruins the moment.

There's a scene in Wicca Envy (I think it's that episode) where Piper is annoying Phoebe with a feather duster whilst Phoebe's trying to talk to Rex (I think it was him) on the phone.

I think I'm mainly going to be picking out sisterly moments for this. xD

So is coming up with 20-25 awwww scenes from each season too hard?! We could do a more general round if that's easier for people! Favorite romantic scenes of the series? Favorite and least favorite outfits and hairstyles? A million more possibilities that I'm too hot and caffeine-deprived to think of at the moment? 

I'm thinking that the genre of the show doesn't really lend itself to many awww moments.  I can only really think of a couple (like Wyatt's birth) where I really had an awwww moment.  Otherwise there was too much demon killing for any warm and cuddly moments.  But maybe that's just me.

I'm sappy enough to "awww" at all the sisterly bonding moments, but I totally get that no one would want to play if the entire list amounts to "and then the sisters hug in that episode...and in this episode...and in the episode after that..." ;) What should we play instead?! 

I would love a favorite sisters turned evil

Ooooh, yeah, episodes where one of the sisters goes evil sounds amazing! 

Here are a few of the 'sister becomes something or someone evil or at least really bad' episodes that pop to mind:

Wendigo 

Is There a Woogy in the House?

Morality Bites (I'm not sure if this one counts, but Phoebe is a murderer in this one, so I thought maybe we should include it...?!)

Pardon My Past

Coyote Piper

Bride and Gloom

Just Harried

Sin Fransisco (We could argue that they weren't technically evil here, but they WERE turned into beings totally driven by sin, so maybe we can count it!)

Look Who's Barking 

Hell Hath No Fury 

A Knight to Remember 

Bite Me

Long Live the Queen

Siren's Song

Y Tu Mummy Tambien (I've seen this one a few times but can't recall for sure if they act evil while possessed by the spirit...?!)

Centennial Charmed

House Call

Oh My Goddess Part 2 

Used Karma

A Wrong Days Journey Into Right

...Let me know which ones I missed so that I can add them to the list! 

There's Witches In Tights (not one that I personally enjoyed), and then there's technically Freaky Phoebe, Once In A Blue Moon (urg, both of these season 7 episodes suck for me), and technically, if A Knight to Remember Counts, maybe It's a Bad Bad Bad World Pt 1 should count, right? 

That's the ones that pop into my head (remembering the season 7 disappoints me but it's only because they're easily in my top five least favourite episodes list).

Wendigo 

Is There a Woogy in the House?

Morality Bites (I'm not sure if this one counts, but Phoebe is a murderer in this one, so I thought maybe we should include it...?!)

Pardon My Past

Coyote Piper

Bride and Gloom

Just Harried

Sin Fransisco (We could argue that they weren't technically evil here, but they WERE turned into beings totally driven by sin, so maybe we can count it!)

Look Who's Barking 

Hell Hath No Fury 

A Knight to Remember 

Bite Me

Long Live the Queen

Siren's Song

Witches in Tights

Y Tu Mummy Tambien (I've seen this one a few times but can't recall for sure if they act evil while possessed by the spirit...?!)

Centennial Charmed

House Call

Oh My Goddess Part 2 

Used Karma

A Wrong Days Journey Into Right

Freaky Phoebe

Once in a Blue Moon 

It's a Bad Bad Bad World Pt 1 

Okay, so here's our list! If we're leaving any out, just let me know. Meanwhile, feel free to start voting against the THREE you want eliminated :) 

Because I don't remember details as well as others, I had to look up the plots of a lot of these.  Since I had to review them all anyway, thought I would go ahead and make notes.

1. Wendigo (Piper is attacked by the Wendigo, a hairy beast, and turns into one.)
  2. Is There a Woogy in the House?  (Phoebe’s childhood fear of the Woogyman is realized when an earthquake unleashes the real thing and possesses her.)
  3. Morality Bites (I'm not sure if this one counts, but Phoebe is a murderer in this one, so I thought maybe we should include it...?!)
  4. Pardon My Past (Phoebe is transported to the 1920s in the manor where she is to kill Prue and Piper.)
  5. Coyote Piper (Piper is possessed by Terra on the day of her high school reunion.)
  6. Bride and Gloom (A demon tricks Prue into marriage.)
  7. Just Harried (Prue's astral self ruins Piper and Leo’s wedding.)
  8. Sin Fransisco (We could argue that they weren't technically evil here, but they WERE turned into beings totally driven by sin, so maybe we can count it!)
  9. Look Who's Barking (Phoebe turns into a Banshee.)
  10. Hell Hath No Fury (Piper becomes a Fury.)
  11. A Knight to Remember (Paige was an evil queen in a past life.)
  12. Bite Me (Paige becomes a vampire.)
  13. Long Live the Queen (Phoebe is Queen of the Underworld)
  14. Siren Song (Phoebe and Cole fall under the spell of the Siren.)
  15. Witches in Tights (The girls are turned into cartoon superheroes.)
  16. Y Tu Mummy Tambien (I've seen this one a few times but can't recall for sure if they act evil while possessed by the spirit...?!)
  17. Centennial Charmed (Cole throws everyone into an alternate reality where Paige never existed.)
  18. House Call (A witch doctor puts an obsession curse on the sisters.)
  19. Oh My Goddess Part 2  (The sisters are turned into goddesses to defeat the Titans.)
  20. Used Karma (Phoebe becomes Mata Hari.)
  21. A Wrong Days Journey Into Right (Paige conjures up Mr. Right and Mr. Wrong.)
  22. Freaky Phoebe (At her high school reunion, Phoebe reverts to her bad self.)
  23. Once in a Blue Moon (The sisters are turned into beasts at the time of the blue moon.)
  24. It's a Bad Bad Bad World Pt 1 (Not sure about this one – are we talking about the evil counterparts?)

I'll start the ball rolling with 6, 9, 11.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:
  1. It's a Bad Bad Bad World Pt 1 (Not sure about this one – are we talking about the evil counterparts?)

Yeah? I counted it because of A Knight to Remember being Paige's past evil self, so I figure alternate reality evil selves count too!

I also go with Bride and Gloom, but I also go with Freaky Phoebe and Once In A Blue Moon

Hope I counted right.  Looks like we're saying good-bye to 6, 22, 23.

1. Wendigo (Piper is attacked by the Wendigo, a hairy beast, and turns into one.)
  2. Is There a Woogy in the House?  (Phoebe’s childhood fear of the Woogyman is realized when an earthquake unleashes the real thing and possesses her.)
  3. Morality Bites (I'm not sure if this one counts, but Phoebe is a murderer in this one, so I thought maybe we should include it...?!)
  4. Pardon My Past (Phoebe is transported to the 1920s in the manor where she is to kill Prue and Piper.)
  5. Coyote Piper (Piper is possessed by Terra on the day of her high school reunion.
  6. Just Harried (Prue's astral self ruins Piper and Leo’s wedding.)
  7. Sin Fransisco (We could argue that they weren't technically evil here, but they WERE turned into beings totally driven by sin, so maybe we can count it!)
  8. Look Who's Barking (Phoebe turns into a Banshee.)
  9. Hell Hath No Fury (Piper becomes a Fury.)
  10. A Knight to Remember (Paige was an evil queen in a past life.)
  11. Bite Me (Paige becomes a vampire.)
  12. Long Live the Queen (Phoebe is Queen of the Underworld)
  13. Siren Song (Phoebe and Cole fall under the spell of the Siren.)
  14. Witches in Tights (The girls are turned into cartoon superheroes.)
  15. Y Tu Mummy Tambien (I've seen this one a few times but can't recall for sure if they act evil while possessed by the spirit...?!)
  16. Centennial Charmed (Cole throws everyone into an alternate reality where Paige never existed.)
  17. House Call (A witch doctor puts an obsession curse on the sisters.)
  18. Oh My Goddess Part 2  (The sisters are turned into goddesses to defeat the Titans.)
  19. Used Karma (Phoebe becomes Mata Hari.)
  20. A Wrong Days Journey Into Right (Paige conjures up Mr. Right and Mr. Wrong.)
  21. Freaky Phoebe (At her high school reunion, Phoebe reverts to her bad self.)

Still voting for 3.  I am going with 9, 11, 19

8 minutes ago, amensisterfriend said:

Now if only there were something in The Book of Shadows about how to fix temperamental computers... :) 

Surely between the members of this scholarly group we can come up with a spell or two!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Kohola3 said:
  1. Freaky Phoebe (At her high school reunion, Phoebe reverts to her bad self.)

I'm totally gonna be this person and just correct the description of this episode, in which Phoebe's body gets switched with some demon or whatever. I just remember that the demon convinced the sisters to kill Phoebe. 

My votes are for 14, 19, and 21

(edited)

Wendigo (Piper is attacked by the Wendigo, a hairy beast, and turns into one.)

Is There a Woogy in the House?  (Phoebe’s childhood fear of the Woogyman is realized when an earthquake unleashes the real thing and possesses her.)

Pardon My Past (Phoebe is transported to the 1920s in the manor where she is to kill Prue and Piper.)

Coyote Piper (Piper is possessed by Terra on the day of her high school reunion.

Just Harried (Prue's astral self ruins Piper and Leo’s wedding.)

Look Who's Barking (Phoebe turns into a Banshee.)

Hell Hath No Fury (Piper becomes a Fury.)

A Knight to Remember (Paige was an evil queen in a past life.)

Bite Me (Paige becomes a vampire.)

Long Live the Queen (Phoebe is Queen of the Underworld)

Siren Song (Phoebe and Cole fall under the spell of the Siren.)

Witches in Tights (The girls are turned into cartoon superheroes.)

Centennial Charmed (Cole throws everyone into an alternate reality where Paige never existed.)

House Call (A witch doctor puts an obsession curse on the sisters.)

A Wrong Days Journey Into Right (Paige conjures up Mr. Right and Mr. Wrong.)

Oh My Goddess, Used Karma (I always forget that Phoebe and Jason were even still dating in S6---he and their relationship left so very little an impression on me!) and Freaky Phoebe are history, and the next round is open! I had to do away with the numbers, so hopefully we'll be okay just naming the episodes :) We're still voting against three! 

My votes: Coyote Piper, House Call (one of my least favorite S5 episodes for some reason!), Wrong Days Journey

Edited by amensisterfriend

Pardon My Past (Phoebe is transported to the 1920s in the manor where she is to kill Prue and Piper.)

Just Harried (Prue's astral self ruins Piper and Leo’s wedding.)

Look Who's Barking (Phoebe turns into a Banshee.)

A Knight to Remember (Paige was an evil queen in a past life.)

Witches in Tights (The girls are turned into cartoon superheroes.)

Centennial Charmed (Cole throws everyone into an alternate reality where Paige never existed.)

House Call (A witch doctor puts an obsession curse on the sisters.)

Wrong, Woogy and Coyote are history, and the next round is open! This is the last round we're voting against three :) 

(edited)

I'll go against Just Harried (as I've rambled about elsewhere, when the writers depict Prue as a normally super inhibited goody goody who needs to break out and 'be bad' sometimes, it doesn't really fit with my image of this strong, sassy, already somewhat badass character!) Witches in Tights, House Call

Edited by amensisterfriend

Ok, so I guess I'll do this next round until Amen gets back! By my calculations, Just Harried, and A Knight to Remember are both gone! But we have two votes each for Witches in Tights and Look Who's Barking. So I guess whoever gets in the first vote for one of those will be eliminated! 

2. Morality Bites (I'm not sure if this one counts, but Phoebe is a murderer in this one, so I thought maybe we should include it...?!)
  3. Pardon My Past (Phoebe is transported to the 1920s in the manor where she is to kill Prue and Piper.)
  4. Sin Fransisco (We could argue that they weren't technically evil here, but they WERE turned into beings totally driven by sin, so maybe we can count it!)
  5. Look Who's Barking (Phoebe turns into a Banshee.)
  6. Hell Hath No Fury (Piper becomes a Fury.)
  7. Bite Me (Paige becomes a vampire.)
  8. Long Live the Queen (Phoebe is Queen of the Underworld)
  9. Siren Song (Phoebe and Cole fall under the spell of the Siren.)
  10. Witches in Tights (The girls are turned into cartoon superheroes.)
  11. Y Tu Mummy Tambien (I've seen this one a few times but can't recall for sure if they act evil while possessed by the spirit...?!)
  12. Centennial Charmed (Cole throws everyone into an alternate reality where Paige never existed.)
  13. House Call (A witch doctor puts an obsession curse on the sisters.)

I"ll jump in and eliminate Barking.

2. Morality Bites (I'm not sure if this one counts, but Phoebe is a murderer in this one, so I thought maybe we should include it...?!)
  3. Pardon My Past (Phoebe is transported to the 1920s in the manor where she is to kill Prue and Piper.)
  4. Sin Fransisco (We could argue that they weren't technically evil here, but they WERE turned into beings totally driven by sin, so maybe we can count it!
  5. Hell Hath No Fury (Piper becomes a Fury.)
  6. Bite Me (Paige becomes a vampire.)
  7. Long Live the Queen (Phoebe is Queen of the Underworld)
  8. Siren Song (Phoebe and Cole fall under the spell of the Siren.)
  9. Witches in Tights (The girls are turned into cartoon superheroes.)
  10. Y Tu Mummy Tambien (I've seen this one a few times but can't recall for sure if they act evil while possessed by the spirit...?!)
  11. Centennial Charmed (Cole throws everyone into an alternate reality where Paige never existed.)
  12. House Call (A witch doctor puts an obsession curse on the sisters.)

Not sure if we are voting on 2 or 3 at this point.

Sin Fransisco (We could argue that they weren't technically evil here, but they WERE turned into beings totally driven by sin, so maybe we can count it!

House Call and Witches in Tights have been vanquished, and the next round is open! We're still voting against two :) 

Sin Fransisco (We could argue that they weren't technically evil here, but they WERE turned into beings totally driven by sin, so maybe we can count it!

Wendigo and Bite Me are history, and the next round is open! We're still voting against two :)