Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

If I remember correctly a similar discussion came up last year regarding young Holly when she made show group. Several said it was kind of a spoiler because that meant Holly had made the team since she made show group. This year everyone is saying it's not an automatic spot on the team so I'm kinda confused on the matter.

Btw, when does SG leave for Oxnard? 

Edited by Sandiedog
Spelled a word wrong
  • Love 1

There are literally tens of thousands of photos out there. I perused on Facebook and huge crowds in attendance for this Advocare thing. There's also similar footage from the past several years with the DCC performing & posing for pictures. Basically- these rookies are now DCC. Maybe not 100% official but how much closer can you get? 

Ok DCC fans...find the pics. I'm limited by my own social media "issues" but I have complete & total faith that our DCC sleuths will get this job done. 

Let me just say this...what an amazing opportunity for these rookies to experience the excitement and exposure of performing in uniform in front of such a crowd. I'm proud of these new women. Very exciting! 

On a side note - anyone as surprised as I am about Shelbi making the DMD?  That meltdown from hell (her live-in) clearly didn't hurt her one bit. I must admit that I am clearly sick; I was sooo looking forward to round 2 but then she goes & makes the team ? (sigh). Clearly thought she'd never successfully learn any routine in under a month.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:01 PM, kalibean said:

.  So our recommended DCC TCC checklist:  youtube and practice the bejesus out of Thunderstruck and get some time dancing on turf in boots. 

That's a common mistake that people assume the first dance learned is Thunder. They teach many of the roulette dances first and then learn thunder in pieces later on in camp.

56 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

If I remember correctly a similar discussion came up last year regarding young Holly when she made show group. Several said it was kind of a spoiler because that meant Holly had made the team since she made show group. This year everyone is saying it's not an automatic spot on the team so I'm kinda confused on the matter.

Oxnard is at the end of the month. I believe I heard the 28th.

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

So this is a historic thing that the've let RC perform in uniform as DCC before the squad announcement?

Its happened in the past it was just kept very hush hush. They have taken rookies to Oxnard and other big performances in the past before the squad was announced. A big reason they got to perform is because the event was moved up sooner this year.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandiedog said:

There's a difference between being named to show group before the team is announced and actually performing WITH show group before the team is announced. That's the distinction. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

A big reason they got to perform is because the event was moved up sooner this year.

The advocare event was moved up? Is this some sort of annual event? Plus, aren't rookies named as alternates? So there wouldn't be a need to use them in show group this early unless veterans were injured? Are there injured show group vets? I'm just not sure how the event being moved up correlates to the rookies performing, also didn't realize the advocare event happened annually. 

2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

The advocare event was moved up? Is this some sort of annual event? Plus, aren't rookies named as alternates? So there wouldn't be a need to use them in show group this early unless veterans were injured? Are there injured show group vets? I'm just not sure how the event being moved up correlates to the rookies performing, also didn't realize the advocare event happened annually. 

The Advo event is annual and it was indeed moved up this year.  It was in early August last year, 6-10 I believe.  (I am not an Advo person but I follow some ppl on IG who are and go to that event every year- "Success School" or something) 

So I can see how it moving up may effect RCs getting to perform, if some of the vets had vacation or something planned before they found out event was moved up.  

I will agree though that wow, a lot of vets must have been away/under weather if three of the new SG girls got to perform. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

The Advo event is annual and it was indeed moved up this year.  It was in early August last year, 6-10 I believe.  (I am not an Advo person but I follow some ppl on IG who are and go to that event every year- "Success School" or something) 

So I can see how it moving up may effect RCs getting to perform, if some of the vets had vacation or something planned before they found out event was moved up.  

I will agree though that wow, a lot of vets must have been away/under weather if three of the new SG girls got to perform. 

Got it! I just didn't know! I guess I was thinking if the rookies are alternates anyway, they don't perform unless they're needed. So I didn't see how the event date changing mattered. But maybe they're only alternates until the team is officially announced? Omg. I need to move on! ?

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Got it! I just didn't know! I guess I was thinking if the rookies are alternates anyway, they don't perform unless they're needed. So I didn't see how the event date changing mattered. But maybe they're only alternates until the team is officially announced? Omg. I need to move on! ?

I assumed they were "regulars" on show group once the team is announced!  

(edited)

So it looks like kat didn't make the mavs. That sucks I was rooting for her. And shelbi did! Shocking. Along with the gross drama her boyfriend brought I don't find her very talented or cute.

BH3TxgFBwkL

Grrr I was trying to post the image but it won't me

Edited by Shan18
  • Love 1

Shelbi's entitled personality is what makes her unattractive imo. Last summer I recall seeing her whine over a "commoner" damaging (accidentally mind you) her white Louis Vuitton. She mentioned that she had several others so..."thank gawd".  This made me actually sick to my stomach & gross out over her spoiled, entitled self.

I recently managed to buy myself (the 1St time)some LV and I'm old & work HARD for my purchases of pure hedonistic pleasure. Is the pleasure & excitement the same for someone whose normally given something vs those working to earn it for oneself?  I believe that I love the surprises my hubby has gifted me but those I bought with my own hard earned cash = different feelings about both.

Shelbi appears shallow & entitled.  Unfortunately making the DMD will just inflate her ego & sense of self even more. Yuck! I wish they'd chosen Kat instead.

• Love 10

On the show I seriously didn't pick up on shelbi's bratttiness, but when Kitty Carter was all 'CUT HER. CUT HER NOWWWWW!' that was evidence enough that something was off.

Ungracious girls like that are not nearly as cute as they think.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Annette said:

Shelbi's entitled personality is what makes her unattractive imo. Last summer I recall seeing her whine over a "commoner" damaging (accidentally mind you) her white Louis Vuitton. She mentioned that she had several others so..."thank gawd".  This made me actually sick to my stomach & gross out over her spoiled, entitled self.

I recently managed to buy myself (the 1St time)some LV and I'm old & work HARD for my purchases of pure hedonistic pleasure. Is the pleasure & excitement the same for someone whose normally given something vs those working to earn it for oneself?  I believe that I love the surprises my hubby has gifted me but those I bought with my own hard earned cash = different feelings about both.

Shelbi appears shallow & entitled.  Unfortunately making the DMD will just inflate her ego & sense of self even more. Yuck! I wish they'd chosen Kat instead.

tell me she didn't really use the word commoner??? 

I'm super annoyed she made the squad as I never thought she was a great dancer to begin with ... certainly NOT better than Kat.  Wow double hit for Kat who seems super sweet just not pow wow dancer.  I wonder if they were annoyed she did her DCC dance as her audition?

• Love 2

Given that Kathryn Dunn made it before, the Mavs clearly aren't very interested in dancing ability -- so the fact that Shelbi made it shouldn't be that surprising, but it certainly is sickening.

• Love 8

What's the Shelbi boyfriend debacle?  I haven't scoped out her social media like others have, but she does strike me as quite privileged and had a certain air of entitlement on the show, especially when she started crying to Kelli, Judy, Kitty, and Melissa that she was sure she had the same potential as her close Cheer Athletics friends who made the team and how devastated she was that she didn't get the same chance.  It's interesting to me that the CA girls seem to struggle so much with auditions and TC--several in the past years either don't make the team or become one-year wonders (except Caila, who made it two years).  

I'm sad to hear Kat didn't make it to DMD, and that Caila apparently didn't try out.  Very valid point, that any dance team that takes KD multiple years has some other priorities or standards for selection.  Mystifying, yes, but apparently true.  

Definitely will be intrigued to find out WTF with the TCCs performing in uniform.  Also curious WTF is with that awful music--it seemed like a weird song to try to dance to in a performance like that.  That camera work was ridiculous--why even post such an unsteady and blurred video??--but the glimpse I got of Maddie wasn't wonderful.  I will be very disappointed if MMT season 11 becomes the Maddie Show.  Or the Emily Show, because I can't even with that girl. 

• Love 2

Summary = Shelbi's guy went on a rant on Charlotte Jones' IG saying he couldn't believe they didn't let Shelbi into camp but took a bunch of drunk whores. Didn't say specific names but said some vets were sluts, partiers, etc. It was all pretty vulgar. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

On the show I seriously didn't pick up on shelbi's bratttiness, but when Kitty Carter was all 'CUT HER. CUT HER NOWWWWW!' that was evidence enough that something was off.

Ungracious girls like that are not nearly as cute as they think.

I totally missed the Louis Vuitton thing and Kitty. Need to go back and rewatch!

12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Summary = Shelbi's guy went on a rant on Charlotte Jones' IG saying he couldn't believe they didn't let Shelbi into camp but took a bunch of drunk whores. Didn't say specific names but said some vets were sluts, partiers, etc. It was all pretty vulgar. 

Woah!  Thanks for the concise yet juicy summary.  Guess she's never ever, ever getting on that team now!  Speaks very poorly of her that she's dating (or dated) a person who behaves so rashly and talks about women like that, especially in public forums.  Tack-y, to say the least.  This story makes me less shocked that Shelbi would refer to someone in a public forum as a "commoner."  Obviously she doesn't know that's not classy behavior.  So it seems that there's more than just her dancing that is ill-suited to the DCC.  Glad I didn't vote for her in this year's auditions!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Annette said:

I'm sad Kat didn't make it...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

What's the Shelbi boyfriend debacle?  I haven't scoped out her social media like others have, but she does strike me as quite privileged and had a certain air of entitlement on the show, especially when she started crying to Kelli, Judy, Kitty, and Melissa that she was sure she had the same potential as her close Cheer Athletics friends who made the team and how devastated she was that she didn't get the same chance.  It's interesting to me that the CA girls seem to struggle so much with auditions and TC--several in the past years either don't make the team or become one-year wonders (except Caila, who made it two years).  

I'm sad to hear Kat didn't make it to DMD, and that Caila apparently didn't try out.  Very valid point, that any dance team that takes KD multiple years has some other priorities or standards for selection.  Mystifying, yes, but apparently true.  

Definitely will be intrigued to find out WTF with the TCCs performing in uniform.  Also curious WTF is with that awful music--it seemed like a weird song to try to dance to in a performance like that.  That camera work was ridiculous--why even post such an unsteady and blurred video??--but the glimpse I got of Maddie wasn't wonderful.  I will be very disappointed if MMT season 11 becomes the Maddie Show.  Or the Emily Show, because I can't even with that girl. 

They never follow closely girls that are doing well in camp so the fact that Maddie is on SG and performing already means they will probably not feature her much at all.  And LOL  - there is no way we can judge these girls on the .394357457 seconds we saw them on the screen. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I've never seen the rookie candidates perform before training camp is over, they must have really liked them. I doubt they would put them up there if they felt they weren't ready, can't have them being embarrassed. 

We've never seen it could just mean CMT never shows it, bc it's a spoiler. But this is a 365 day a year organization and business doesn't stop during the part of each year the team isn't named.

I'm sure those blessed few rookies who make show group, get uniforms and  start performing dont miss out on the thrill of learning they've made the team.  Instead, I think they get that joy a few times. They may get it early, because their level of skill earned them a show group spot and they're having those performances added to their schedule.

But at the same time, they're bonding with their fellow TCCs, and the moment the whole group makes the team has to be a huge, emotional moment for all, even those with an early hint they're safe!

12 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Either way, the other rookie candidates are probably pretty jealous - like wow, not only did these girls make show group and they didn't, here they are performing in uniform at big events - where they are still stressing about whether or not they will be cut - way to emphasize where everyone stands in that rookie class off the bat, K&J ;).   

If they're obsessing over other TCCs, maybe they're not there for the right reasons.  I can't imagine in the pressure cooker that is TC, you'd have the time or energy to be so focused on jealousy or someone else's success. 

I thought that the year they did auditions on the stage at Gilley's in Dallas, they showed media interviews where they had both a veteran and a new TCC talking to the media?  my memory of the situation/years may be all off, but I thought it was Kelsey Bond?

If the media and performance opportunities had to come to a screeching halt every year for training camp, the organization would miss visibility opportunities for an entire quarter of every year. Just because we don't always see it doesn't mean it's not a common thing.

10 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

That's a common mistake that people assume the first dance learned is Thunder. They teach many of the roulette dances first and then learn thunder in pieces later on in camp.

Oxnard is at the end of the month. I believe I heard the 28th.

Its happened in the past it was just kept very hush hush. They have taken rookies to Oxnard and other big performances in the past before the squad was announced. A big reason they got to perform is because the event was moved up sooner this year.

They always learn Thunder in the first week or two of training camp. Always.

(edited)

Like TXSTAR said they learn it in pieces. If you think about it there's so many contagions that they can't learn it all at once. They can't make a formation and be for sure that's where they'll be with that motion/hair flip on that specified count. 

Veterans SHOULD know it so well that if they get moved around they can go wherever in the formation and go on whichever count. It's tricky though. Even Emma has mentioned that it was weird being an all star because she was on one side her whole DCC career and as a fill in she had to do everything opposite on the opposite side. 

So you can see as a rookie how it might benefit them learning it in pieces and placing it all together at the end!

Edited by dalgal214
  • Love 7

Yeah I'm sure Kali Fullerton said something about that on her blog. That there was a long and short version of Thunderstruck and Kelli and Judy may ask for either one. 

To be honest, I'd be less worried about learning stuff like Thunderstruck and Loud. if these girls are truly DCC fans for as long as they say they are, even if they couldn't go to games they'd look at them loads on YouTube. Alright you might not be able to learn every single movement but it would give you a feel for it. 

I'd personally be crapping myself more about learning 157336 billion sideline dances! 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, GingerJ said:

They always learn Thunder in the first week or two of training camp. Always.

They didn't till week 3 this summer, and I believe it was week 2 or 3 last summer so no not always. Though Thunder is a iconic number its used once a game at most ten times (with the entire squad) in a season is outweighed by sideline, quarter changes, in the past touchdown deck, and plaza performances.

9 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Like TXSTAR said they learn it in pieces. If you think about it there's so many contagions that they can't learn it all at once. They can't make a formation and be for sure that's where they'll be with that motion/hair flip on that specified count. 

Veterans SHOULD know it so well that if they get moved around they can go wherever in the formation and go on whichever count. It's tricky though. Even Emma has mentioned that it was weird being an all star because she was on one side her whole DCC career and as a fill in she had to do everything opposite on the opposite side. 

So you can see as a rookie how it might benefit them learning it in pieces and placing it all together at the end!

This is perfectly said! Especially since every year majority of the returning girl move up and around in the formation.

5 hours ago, LouLou76 said:

Does anyone know what date the squad photo is scheduled for?

It is the beginning of August after Oxnard.

• Love 2
(edited)

They did not move from the stadium. It's only a few years old. They are moving from Valley Ranch to a new practice facility in Frisco. I think they are calling it the Star.

Edited by Ms. SW
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

They aren't getting a new stadium. Cowboys Stadium (AT&T stadium!) is the new stadium. It's been open since 09. Maybe 10. 

That's the new stadium I was talking about.

I always thought how mad if be if I had those seats behind the 'touchdown decks' and the girls are there blocking my view... 99.99% of people are there to watch the game not the cheerleaders. 

• Love 6
(edited)

They're not allowed to perform on the touchdown decks anymore. They're not slick, they're actually textured concrete, but they do slope down towards the field slightly. I believe someone (NOT a DCC) fell off of one. I think 2013 was the last season they danced on the touchdown decks. 

AT&T stadium opened in 2009- just edited this reply, I originally said 2006 but when I started thinking about who was first to perform there my math didn't add up so I googled! 

Edited by GingerJ
Wrong year for AT&T Stadium!

I always thought how unpleasant it would be to be that close to fans considering how obnoxious/drunk some of them are!

They were on the touchdown decks for maybe 5 minutes before the start of the game, and sometimes at the end of the games if the Cowboys were winning. I have a couple of ex DCC friends who loved cheering on the decks. 

You can't see shit from those seats with or without the cheerleaders on the decks. We made the mistake of sitting in them once. Horrible vantage point. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

The decks aren't going anywhere. 

I never said they were, I thought it was the old stadium that had the decks and the new ones didn't.

All Emily seems to do on Twitter is retweet stuff about God. Like good for her for having such strong faith but I'm starting to wonder if the girl actually has anything to say for herself. Lol 

hopefully there'll be some cuts Monday night. we've waited for ages now, I think we deserve some juicy goss

• Love 5

I am praying they take AT LEAST 36 girls. That means 6 girls would get cut. I already feel so bad for these girls. I believe Monday is the start of week 8. If Judy and Kelli don't know by now...I mean, they have to know by now, right? Have they done the stadium entrances yet? That also seems to trip up some girls. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So what exactly is the point of the touch down decks?

It was just a great fan experience and a way to make the world's largest dance floor even bigger.  It's already such an exciting site to see our DCC strutting onto the field, or commanding the field during sidelines or halftime. When they also filed up the stairs and started dancing on the touchdown decks, it was like an added 3-D element to the performance.