Type keyword(s) to search

The Kardashian Kvetching Korner

• Start Topic

Finally, a Kardashian scene that didn't make me roll my eyes. Granted the kids weren't there, but still.

I really underestimated David Schwimmer. He was fantastic last night. And Selma Blair actually made me believe that Kris Jenner had a soul.

• Love 5

Finally, a Kardashian scene that didn't make me roll my eyes. Granted the kids weren't there, but still.

I really underestimated David Schwimmer. He was fantastic last night. And Selma Blair actually made me believe that Kris Jenner had a soul.

I seem to be in the minority in not liking that scene.

First, I do not think Selma Blair is a good actor. I felt like I could see her thinking to herself: "You are sad. Emote!".

Second, I could not get past the idea that Kris is cooking for the kids while dressed in a power suit.

Third, focusing on the kids playing outside--I guess to show innocence--was heavy handed.

And we get it, show--Kardashian is the moral compass forever tortured by his role in this saga.

I like Schwimmer, though.

• Love 5

I seem to be in the minority in not liking that scene.

First, I do not think Selma Blair is a good actor. I felt like I could see her thinking to herself: "You are sad. Emote!".

Second, I could not get past the idea that Kris is cooking for the kids while dressed in a power suit.

Third, focusing on the kids playing outside--I guess to show innocence--was heavy handed.

And we get it, show--Kardashian is the moral compass forever tortured by his role in this saga.

I like Schwimmer, though.

That scene bothered me too. I couldn't believe Kris and Robert were still close enough for her to be hugging him. I heard he divorced her because she cheated on him, so I don't think he'd have had such warm feelings for her. Also, at that time, she had been married to Jenner since 1991. (Thank goodness we've been spared any scenes with the Jenner character in this series... at least so far.)

Her cooking immediately made me think of present-day Kris promoting her cookbook. (Hmmm? Little plug for Kris the cook?) The power suit was ridiculous, unless we're supposed to think she was about to go someplace. I got the impression that Robert had come to pick up the kids for his visitation. Didn't Kris gesture to the kids playing outside and say to him, "They're ready"? Why would she be cooking them a big meal if they were about to leave with Robert?

• Love 1

From what I've read and heard, when RK found out Kris had cheated on him (this was not with Jenner) he reacted very strongly, hurt, horrified, angry, sad, devastated really.  He acted immediately and probably thought that he could never forgive her enough to take her back, let along regain what they'd had, the trust, the family.  His anger/hurt burned off a bit by the time the divorce was final, and he started thinking that maybe they could regain some of it, and the whole "for the kids" and all the other reasons couples get back together.  By that time though, Kris was marrying Jenner.

So, yeah, I completely believe that in extreme circumstances you go to talk to the person who knows you best, and who won't betray that confidence.  As he said, who else COULD he talk too?  Also, she knew OJ and Nicole very well.  It made sense to me.

• Love 3

On what would have been Robert's birthday this year, various Kardashian/Jenner offspring posted pics of him on social media. Among them was a photo of Robert Kardashian holding Kendall and Kylie as little girls. Judging by the age of Kylie it's probably no later than 1998. By then he'd had a broken engagement (his trial commitments put a strain on the relationship) and married again (and was married another time, shortly before his death).

Now, I have my doubts that Robert ever told Kris that he thought OJ was guilty, but I don't have a problem believing they could hug it out, post-divorce. OJ and Nicole were friends of theirs, she was viciously murdered and he stood accused: it's an emotional situation. I mean, it's not like the show showed Robert and Kris having sex or even kissing...they just hugged. That part of it didn't strain any credibility for me.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 6

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud during that emotional scene with Robert and Kris when he said that he didn't want to bring attention to himself by quitting the defense team. He said that if he did it would be worse for the whole family and, "it's hard enough with half the country hating you." HAHAHA, oh Robert, if you only knew that (more than?) half the country would end up hating your children anyway, you might have chosen differently.

• Love 6