Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Forgive & Forget

radishcake
  • Start Topic

Why did Farrah move to Texas in the first place? If it was ever said on the show I missed it. I guess when you have no friends or community ties it's easy to just pick up and move every couple years. She moved from home to Florida, then Texas, now California.

Cate's "therapist" is a hack. Cate's anxiety may be because of the horrible childhood she had but the "therapist" is dead wrong when she says anxiety is ALWAYS caused by some event or trauma. I have issues with anxiety attacks and had a normal childhood.

Farrah moved to TX because Michael was living there when she and Debra had a falling out.  She needed a babysitter, preferably a free one.

Whatever Cate & Tyler's go-to gal is (therapist or social worker), she is practicing medicine without a license.  I never knew what an anxiety attack was until I was in my 50s and became responsible for an adult family member with a disability that got progressively worse.  They're called anxiety attacks for a reason, and don't have jack shit to do with some buried childhood trauma.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 3

That Ryan moment of him in make-up made me laugh as well. Thanks for sharing that photo. Some funny scenes get overshadowed by the other stuff that goes on.

Part of Catelynn's background, and apparently is still happening, is her need for marijuana and a party lifestyle according to the links on the Catelynn thread.

Someone who will lie about their marijuana use and dump their child at their mother's house so they can go about their partying ways while hiding that part of their lives from the camera is likely due to the fact they don't want to mar the image they and MTV have created - America's sweethearts. No one will sympathize with a couple of stoners and drinkers who sit around at home doing nothing while their baby is being tended to by a questionable relative. Apparently they have fooled some people with their story of two young people, one who claims to be depressed and ridden with anxiety and just wants to be a SAHM.  

When Tyler's therapist mentioned "there is something else there (going on)" when discussing why Catelynn has her child over at her mother's for more than 2 days out of the week, I had wondered what was Cate hiding or not being forthright about. It makes sense now after reading the links on the Catelynn thread. Catelynn is not about to tell any therapist she can't bother to tend to her baby because their partying comes first.

Never have I ever found these two to be America's sweethearts. I felt sorry for them for what they had to endure growing up. They had a chance to better their lives. Even if Cate had depression and anxiety, what excuse is there for Tyler not getting his shit together?

This makes their lackluster lifestyle make sense. I know some people can function and live their life that smoke pot. They can hold a job, and family and kids, etc. But some people can't. Especially some people who have the parents they have. Granted Tyler's mom seems to be able to hold down and job and seems to have her crap together. But all the other parental figures in their life are a bit ....hmmmm...troublesome..to say the least. This entire season I have wondered what the heck is wrong with these two. In seasons past they seemed so gung ho and ready to conquer the world. These last two seasons they have lost all ambition, especially now that the wedding is over. Marijuana makes sense. No wonder she is always gnawing on her nails

• Love 2