Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Reagan

Didn't enjoy Megan Fox's character taking over center focus of this show for practically the entire episode. I wonder if the writers are purposely setting up Megan Fox's character to be unlike Jess that the viewers will be refreshed when Zooey returns to the loft. 

• Love 3

Didn't enjoy Megan Fox's character taking over center focus of this show for practically the entire episode. I wonder if the writers are purposely setting up Megan Fox's character to be unlike Jess that the viewers will be refreshed when Zooey returns to the loft. 

Or more disappointed...

She was a little annoying at first, but she grew on me. I think there's a very weird shell hiding under the down to business demeanor.

And I loved when she randomly picked out traits about people. "You own a cat."

• Love 1

This was a very weird episode. How long are they expecting Zooey to be absent from this show? I'm not so much bothered by the guest appearance but the big production they put on in the end to get her to move in with them seemed like a premise to re-launch the show with a new lead character. It just seemed over the top for someone who's only supposed to be around for a few episodes. They don't really have any way of knowing how long Jess is going to be sequestered.

Loved the rain shower.

• Love 1

I wish they had just let the show continue without adding Megan Fox. I have never been impressed with her acting and this did nothing to change my opinion. I also feel like her character made the plot drag.

The funniest thing about her presence was Winston telling Nick that Reagan was out of his league. I was like dude, this is the chick who married Brian Austin Green so that should give all average dudes hope that they can land a girl who is hotter than they are.

Nick using duct tape to attach the rain shower was ridiculous but still funny to see.

• Love 1

But also consistent with his established character trait of fixing everything with duct tape.

This episode was weird because basically any book, lecture, class on writing for television says do not structure a whole episode around a guest star; it makes you look like an idiot without a good handle on the show's real characters, and it's a crutch. And this episode was basically doing exactly that. I know they were doing it for a specific reason, and said character is basically a maternity leave fill-in, but it still stuck out to me the whole time; I kept thinking...this is not what you do...

I do think they had enough of a cast and enough going on that being without Deschanel a bit would've been easily doable without a newer new girl. But I do wonder if the network disagreed and may have done a little bit of foisting it upon them.

• Love 1

Megan Fox was alright. She was pretty good as a guest star, but I just do not see her as a leading lady replacement. Honestly, the cast is strong enough to do without Jess for awhile. And if the need a female lead, they already have Cece, whos an established character played by a good actress, who already has a purpose on the show and gells with the ensemble. Seems kind of pointless. 

• Love 1

I think the last couple weeks proved how strong the show was with just the supporting characters (and some assistance from Nasim Pedrad). The other characters still had their flow, and Ms Fox didn't disrupt that too much, so I'll remain cautiously skeptical. 

How long is Megan Fox supposed to be on? She's not working for me at all. Also I have many questions about the situation. Like does Jess know they moved someone it on her room.is she ok with it? Because What are they doing with her stuff? I guess she doesn't have to pay rent while Reagan is. What if Jess's trial ends before Reagans stay? I wouldn't be ok with my roommates moving someone else into my space that I didn't know especially if they didn't ask me ahead of time if at all. I'm not really sure why I'm thinking about it so hard. The writers probably didnt.

• Love 1