Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Wanted Dead Or Alive

I have to agree with the accent comment GermanTexan (there has to be something else like...Texegermany? Just kidding, I really don't know). When I first saw/heard him, for a second there I really thought there was all kinds of a prank going on. THEN I realized he was truly on the show. He'll be one to watch for entertainment value for sure. I do just want to address the Face Off being on to often subject from my view. While I sure do understand, and have seen, how two seasons a year dilutes the talent pool.........I wouldn't want it to turn into something like, say, The Face. Which was one what, twice, three times, in total? Once a year? I liked it and the blitz of commercials reminded me to watch it, but once a year is almost not enough anymore. I'd like to see what one person said, maybe one full season and several specials, or mini seasons. Goodness knows people on here have come up with great ideas for such (models, returnees, etc.).

In addition to Jennifer looking like Carrie Brownstein , I think Johnny bears a strong resemblance to Ike Barinholtz. And while she's really only chubby, I must admit I dubbed Melissa "Fat Glenn Close."

Sorry to disagree with you folks, but the winter season of Face Off has started in January ever since the show began. In fact, except for the first two seasons, it's started January 13-15 every time. Don't believe me? Take a look at it's WikiPedia article.

However, the fall season *has* started earlier in the year, slowly moving from August 21 (season 3) to as early as July 22 (season 7). However, season 9 started a week later than season 7. The number of episodes has increased to 14 for the past four seasons, so maybe that's why it seems like you're seeing so much, so soon. Even then, that's one episode less than the record long 15 episode season 6.

Even if the contestants aren't as talented as the early seasons, I'll gladly take this show any time over any other reality competition out there. I'd even choose Face Off over my beloved Amazing Race, which has taken to horribly themed gimmick seasons, and has far more contestant bickering and fights. I'm just thankful that the show is back.

As far as this episode goes, I wasn't as impressed with the winning bounty hunter as the judges. The mouth looked wrong to me, as if it was melted or colored oddly, but I admit the cowl was gorgeous. Unlike everyone else, German guy annoys me, though I was amused by him saying he could be sub-titled, and the editors doing so.

• Love 2

Unlike everyone else, German guy annoys me, though I was amused by him saying he could be sub-titled, and the editors doing so.

There are at least two of us.  I loathe just about anyone who comes on to a reality show bound and determined to be a "character."

On 1/18/2016 at 1:28 PM, LadyMustang65 said:

Are we the only ones who thought German-Texan's accent was a put-on?  It honestly didn't sound at all natural to us - (I'm dating myself here but) it reminded me of Sgt. Schultz in Hogan's Heroes.  He seems like a nice enough guy.

It's a good thing I have my DVR set up to automatically record new episodes of Face Off or we'd have missed this completely.  I kept checking the TV Guide on Tuesday.  I agree it seems very soon, but I don't care.  I just love this show.  Even when it's not at its best, it's still good.  :)

I was wondering about the accent myself. Unless his father was a German who merely lived in Texas for a while, he would presumably spoken English without a German accent, and his son would have grown up bilingual, speaking English with whatever accent the father had. I guess it's possible that they only spoke German at home and he didn't learn English until he was older, but that would certainly have been a missed opportunity on the part of his parents, especially given that most European countries stress English as a foreign language to start with. My parents are both Polish and spoke Polish exclusively at home, and even though I was raised in England and the USA, and my Polish is a little bit rusty these days, I don't actually speak it, or English, with a noticeable accent.