Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Auditions #2

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

Inexplicably, all three judges loved her. JLo said something to the effect of "America might love you as much as I love you" and HCJ told her she should have more confidence in herself.

Actually the only two female rejects we heard all week were the girl who brought her chicken and the possibly drunk girl...

Ah, but wouldn't she blow doors off of Broadway...

By the way it was Nicki McKibbon from season one (or the producers) who started the "child-as-prop" thing and was presented with a flower by her son on one episode.

A lot of stuff happened in season one that I see a lot of people (all over the place) attributing to later seasons as part of the reason for the show's fall, including people who didn't have much stage presence (or in some cases, any, in my opinion) and people who couldn't stay on key. I think there was even a guy who forgot the words during the final rounds (during big band week), and he didn't even get eliminated. (He may have been the lowest vote-getter, though. That was the week Christina Christian went home, and I sort of remember her having to go to the hospital. I don't know if she was really the lowest vote-getter or if they said she was because she couldn't keep singing anyway.)

• Love 1

Oh boy. I differ on my opinions of this show than the majority of you guys. My first unpopular opinion... I miss the bad auditions and i want to see more. i loved the way the show used to show them. I laughed and laughed and laughed some more  as these auditions went off. The competition, to me anyway, gets serious enough once they go to Hollywood. I want fun for that short period of time and if I want serious auditions, I can (and do) watch the Blinds on The Voice. My second unpopular opinion... I intensly dislike this group of judges so I guess I am agreeing with Clay. I miss Simon, I miss Paula and her ditziness, and I even miss hearing "dawg" from Randy. I only came back this season after a long hiatus because it is the last. I was there for the first and many others until Simon left so I decided to come back to say good-bye. For me, this will be a long season because I am not a fan of the three currently sitting on the judging panel. Will I make it through all the way? I don't know but I will try. 

• Love 2

Oh boy. I differ on my opinions of this show than the majority of you guys. My first unpopular opinion... I miss the bad auditions and i want to see more. i loved the way the show used to show them. I laughed and laughed and laughed some more  as these auditions went off. The competition, to me anyway, gets serious enough once they go to Hollywood. I want fun for that short period of time and if I want serious auditions, I can (and do) watch the Blinds on The Voice. My second unpopular opinion... I intensly dislike this group of judges so I guess I am agreeing with Clay. I miss Simon, I miss Paula and her ditziness, and I even miss hearing "dawg" from Randy. I only came back this season after a long hiatus because it is the last. I was there for the first and many others until Simon left so I decided to come back to say good-bye. For me, this will be a long season because I am not a fan of the three currently sitting on the judging panel. Will I make it through all the way? I don't know but I will try. 

I don't necessarily want to see the BAD auditions, especially the ones where it seemed like they were ridiculing the singers.  

BUT - I do miss the honesty, the willingness of the judges to say "not good enough, not in tune, not right for Idol, etc."  Even "It was PITCHY, dawg!"  Because too many singers got golden tickets to Hollywood but are nowhere near good enough to win.  

Singers who are mediocre are being called fantastic, unique, original, amazing.   It's like having three Paula Abduls judging - no critique, just praise. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 2

My unpopular opinion ... I did not like Trent AT ALL. Didn't like his voice, his style, his off-putting face. I was surprised by Harry's comment that it was the best audition he'd seen to that point. 

I'm hoping the comment above about Tristyn's unexplained early departure during Hollywood week was an off-the-cuff joke and not a spoiler. I'm really hoping to see a lot more of her. Loved her tone and her poise. Liked her and her family so much that I didn't mind the tear-jerker story. Man, if something happens and she leaves I wonder how the show will feel about having pulled a lot of strings and probably spent a lot of money to get her mom home ... and I'm guessing she must have kicked massive ass at the earlier auditions for them to go to that trouble before she walked into the room. Good thing she didn't melt down that day.

Think they want a female winner or what? But no matter how much they stack the deck, some milquetoast pretty boy with a name like Fick Nadiani will still end up winning with the tween-grandma vote.

I find Olivia Rox much more appealing/less off-putting than Jax but she needs to change the name. Why not just use Hill if they're ID-ing her parents anyway? She's not anonymous anymore, that horse is out of the barn.

And finally ... was it just me who was sort of surprised by Harry's going nuts over that guy's rendition of Phantom of the Opera and how refreshing it is to hear someone put a different spin on a song ... um, Joey Cook, anyone? David Cook, for that matter? Any number of people ... American Idol: Making Songs Your Own Dog since Season 1.

Oh also, Aunt Lada, I have the same T-shirt! Love Glarkware!