Type keyword(s) to search

S17: Spoilers

Spoilers. Read at your own risk.

Richard Hatch tweeted:

And our Biggest Loser journey now continues at home!!! Show premieres January 4th!

So he makes it to the final three.

That doesn't mean he makes Final 3. Remember there's an at home prize and they all come back to compete for it.

That doesn't mean he makes Final 3. Remember there's an at home prize and they all come back to compete for it.

It's also possible that Richard had been at home for a while before tweeting that message, which--datewise--should correspond to the end of the ranch-phase of the competition.

TPTB should be savvy enough to know that fans are going to be watching Richard Hatch and Richard WE KNOW is savvy enough to play the game....

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the final 3 or 4.  I also wouldn't be surprised if he went home before that.  It looks like, percentage wise, he has the least to lost among all the men and many of the women.  But, then...this is also Richard Hatch.  We've seen how strategic he can be, not only on Survivor but also in the three-ish episodes so far this season.

And, frankly, I really feel dirty that I'm actually liking him on this show.  There aren't a lot of contestants here this season that I root for (honestly, I think Erin is the only other one) and the fact that Richard Hatch is one of my favorite is really telling--about me...about the show...about what I think of the show...

Hatch may not have the biggest percentage of weight to lose but he is more than anyone else on the show able to maneuver his biggest competition into a position where they may be voted off while he remains safe. I don't like or dislike him but I have to give him credit for his ability to read a situation and strategically get a group to do what is best for him without the group even knowing what he is doing. And he seems to enjoy himself while doing so. Not much to read into his tweet in that it was sent apparently when everyone is at home, the finalists as well as the at-home contestants, but I am sure he enjoyed sending it.

"Wow honey, it sure is great to continue our journey at home until the grand finale" !     "Well, well, what have we here?  Looks like someone sent us a welcome home gift!"   

"Why, It's a case of Milky Way bars!!    Who in the world would send us This???"     

What does the card say?   Hmm. it's just a picture of a snake eating a rat......

• Love 1

And, frankly, I really feel dirty that I'm actually liking him on this show.  There aren't a lot of contestants here this season that I root for (honestly, I think Erin is the only other one) and the fact that Richard Hatch is one of my favorite is really telling--about me...about the show...about what I think of the show...

I am proud to say I love the guy.  I was rooting for him to win on Survivor.  I liked him through the entire season! 

I don't see how he can make it to the final 3 given the percentage of body weight he would have to lose.  Of course there is always the chance, though remote, that others heavier could have bad weeks pushing him ahead.   I think his tweet was only to cause speculation; he is playing with us is my guess. 

I do expect him to do well at home and show up at the finale looking good.  

• Love 1

"Wow honey, it sure is great to continue our journey at home until the grand finale" ! "Well, well, what have we here? Looks like someone sent us a welcome home gift!"

"Why, It's a case of Milky Way bars!! Who in the world would send us This???"

What does the card say? Hmm. it's just a picture of a snake eating a rat......

Haha! And here's a double cheese pizza and a milkshake chaser. Love, RH Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 1

I don't know if we really can write Richard off just yet.  We still have the part where they bring back an eliminated contestant and then everyone is COMPLETELY SHOCKED by it because it isn't like they have done it every single season.  Richard and Sarah are really the only two contestants with any really big post-ranch loss and Richard might have enough on him to pull him through to that point.