Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E00: On the Record (3)

Cranberry

Fans of the hit ABC series “Nashville” get a rare and intimate look at life on the road when cameras follow cast members Clare Bowen, Chris Carmack, Charles Esten, Sam Palladio, Aubrey Peeples and Lennon and Maisy Stella, as they tour around the country performing the music of “Nashville” as well as original material they have written, during sold-out concerts and appearances.

I don't think Connie is the most confident singer and not entirely comfortable singing in front of an audience. We've seen her very few times and those times she's stated outright that she's nervous. As she's said, she's an actress who sings. She's not looking to switch those up. I'd love it if Connie provided an intro to the show on Wednesday, but it'll be fine if we just dive right in too.

• Love 1

I agree, on the show I am so over both girls! It was nice to see the real deal. Great kids with grounded parents. I could listen to Charles Esten and Clare Bowen sing all night. It amazes me that Sam and Clare have such different accents in real life because I have never heard that bleed over into the show. I was happy with this show tonight although I also would have liked to see Hayden sing too.

• Love 3

Really not enough of the performances. The interviews and behind the scenes stuff, particularly with the Stella family, were good.  But I wish we could have gotten more complete numbers from everyone. No Jonathan Jackson this time, either.  Was he doing GH then?

• Love 2

Will Chase did some of the tour with them, a year ago. He probably had other commitments.

Connie has been very honest and upfront, about her limitations as a singer. And her discomfort performing,live, musically.

Some people have criticized her, for not being part of the OTR specials. I say good for her. She knows her talents don't extend to live musical performances. She's an actress. Her ego doesn't demand she be a part of the specials, too. Let her cast mates, who are musically talented, shine!

Hayden was a new Mom. I suspect,that, like Connie, she doesn't really see herself, as a strong enough musical talent, to go on tour. Or maybe it's just not something she wants to do, enough, to make that time commitment. That's fine. Let the cast that love doing it, have their moment. It's going to give the fans the best show!

• Love 3

I had a cancelled appointment today and was looking forward to putting this on, but it isn't showing up on my xfinity on demand.

I don't know if this will help, but I am seeing it on the Xfinity On Demand app where it's labeled as episode 11 of Season 4.

I only just got a chance to check on demand for it again, and it was there this time. I was frustrated that most of the songs were interrupted with interviews, and confused that the interviews and songs didn't always match up, for example, I believe Clare and her fiance were talking heads during the Stella sisters singing. I just found it odd to cut back and forth between those two. And I wanted to see/hear Clare and her fiance together. Overall, though, it made me feel fond of the show, which is good, because the scripted shows haven't been doing that lately.

• Love 2

I somehow missed the other two times they did this, I'll have to try and see if I can find the episodes somewhere, this was pretty good.  It was nice seeing the actors out of character, and Sam's accent just seemed so different.  I could hear a little difference in Clare, but not nearly as much.  I think its great that the two sisters are actually real performers and they seem to have great parents.