Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Defectors

• Start Topic

The members of the team search for a teen who may have been recruited by a terrorist organization.

This episode has been pulled in the light of the terrorist attacks in Paris. At the moment, we believe this episode will air on November 23rd.

Alert:

CBS Replaces Monday's Terrorism-Themed Supergirl, NCIS: LA Episodes in Wake of Paris Attacks

By Michael Ausiello / November 15 2015, 8:33 AM PST

Different episodes of each series will air instead. According to a CBS insider, the move was made “out of sensitivity and respect to the events that occurred.”
The scrapped Supergirl episode had Kara dealing with bombings throughout National City, while the NCIS: Los Angeles outing dealt with ISIS recruiting young women.

More to come…

Thanks for the update BetsyBoo.  When they reschedule the episode, let us all know and I will change the date in the title of the thread.

The “NCIS: LA” episode was to have revolved around the search for a teenage girl who has been recruited into a terrorist organization. The new episode, “The Long Goodbye,” focuses on the search for a missing woman that LL Cool J’s Sam Hanna character helped earn asylum in the U.S.

The Long Goodbye was originally scheduled for the winter finale on Dec. 7.

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 1

The fact that this episode, which which was supposed to air in December, spoils the ending of the

"Deeks gets arrested for murder" arc, which has been going on in the background for the last couple of seasons. 

The rest was cutsey banter and shooting stuff up, which is why most people watch it in the first place. Are they phasing out Hetty?

• Love 1

I'll chime in here.  Daniella is pretty but my GAWD they do go on and on about how hot she is lately, and her mid length hair isn't doing her any favors.  Her nose looks really blocky lately too.  She's got an amazing bod, and personality but c'mon show.

Also Deeks is only sometimes cute - a lot of the time he bears an amazing resemblance to a sock monkey!  Again, tho he's got the personality.

I wonder if Hetty's you never really know anyone was foreshadowing??Probably since it was from the oracle herself.  And no I doubt they're phasing her out - she seems to be very present at times, and very not present at others.

Grainger is doing well filling her shoes - which amazes me since I hated him for years.

Hope the Dec. 7th?  episode rounds out the Deek's story line and they don't draw it out.  This may be the first finale that's not Callen drama, eh?

Still, it's always fun :)

• Love 1

PLEASE explain to me where Kensi hid her little snub nose while modeling a lace romper. And no one noticed. Unless we are supposed to believe she popped back to her purse to get it before sneaking into the office. Wtf??

<spoiler deleted because apparently I don't know how to tag on my phone. Moving to approp topic...>

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 1

Hope the Dec. 7th?  episode rounds out the Deek's story line and they don't draw it out.  This may be the first finale that's not Callen drama, eh?

Dec. 7th isn't the winter finale. There will be a Christmas ep on 12/14 to finish out the first half of the season. And yes, ending without Callen drama would be nice.

Kensi is very pretty with a great body but I wonder that any modeling agency would even consider her at her age.  Supposing that had been a real model agency of course.

PLEASE explain to me where Kensi hid her little snub nose while modeling a lace romper.

Exactly what Mr.Trey and I asked each other:)

I am looking forward to the Deeks storyline. 

• Love 3

I'll chime in here.  Daniella is pretty but my GAWD they do go on and on about how hot she is lately, and her mid length hair isn't doing her any favors.  Her nose looks really blocky lately too.  She's got an amazing bod, and personality but c'mon show.

Also Deeks is only sometimes cute - a lot of the time he bears an amazing resemblance to a sock monkey!  Again, tho he's got the personality.

I wonder if Hetty's you never really know anyone was foreshadowing??Probably since it was from the oracle herself.  And no I doubt they're phasing her out - she seems to be very present at times, and very not present at others.

Grainger is doing well filling her shoes - which amazes me since I hated him for years.

So I'm not the only one who doesn't find Kensi as attractive as they keep telling me she is.  I mean, enough is enough.  I'm not going to find the character attractive just cuz they keep hammering away with the message that she's so beauuutiful. 

And I agree about the blocky nose!! I haven't seen this episode yet - I came here to check out what other folks were saying about it so I could decide whether it was worth watching.  And all the comments about the snub nose - I was thinking that even though Kensi has a weird nose, it isn't really a "snub."  Then I realized all those people were talking about her gun! 

• Love 1

So I'm not the only one who doesn't find Kensi as attractive as they keep telling me she is.  I mean, enough is enough.  I'm not going to find the character attractive just cuz they keep hammering away with the message that she's so beauuutiful.

It has definitely become overkill. The thing is, I really do think the actress is gorgeous. But in seasons one through three, they could get away with using Kensi as the "honeypot." At this point, the actress is in her early thirties and, to me, actually looks older than her alleged age (but so much age tampering happens in Hollywood anyway that who knows.) She could easily pass as late thirties to me, and while that might still work for picking up scumbag investment bankers, I'm no longer as willing to believe that her looks are a golden ticket into any situation.  Maybe it's due to the episode switcheroo or the way they decided to insert the episodes they shot last season, but Kensi has been exposed in a bunch of the last few episodes, consecutively. It's too much. 

I thought the episode was, again, fine but not special. The end definitely made it far more interesting and memorable. The comparison Granger drew between ISIS and Hetty was weird and uncomfortable, and should have been edited out. If the intention was to suggest Hetty was a formidable opponent to terrorism, I feel like that didn't translate well and was in poor taste given that ISIS is real and Hetty Lange is not.

Very much looking forward to the next episode. Shame there's a week off in between. 

• Love 3

It has definitely become overkill. The thing is, I really do think the actress is gorgeous. But in seasons one through three, they could get away with using Kensi as the "honeypot."

That is what is frustrating me - she is gorgeous, but Show has never hammered us over the head with it.  A "show, don't tell" thing they actually handled really well.

I've never noticed anything about her nose, so while it may be less than ideal to some it does not detract from her looks to me.

• Love 3