Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Forget My Name

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

When Intelligence follows up on a tip Antonio and Halstead received from a reliable informant about an upcoming drug trade, the team is shocked to discover the mutilated body of a man. Upon further investigation, the body is identified as a government official and when Olinksy, Ruzek, Lindsay and Halstead question the man's acquaintances they discover he had access to very important devices. Meanwhile, Burgess helps plan a surprise for Platt.

Bit of a boring episode but still enjoyable. The case of the week was kind of boring and predictable but I liked the little tidbits we got of all the characters personal lives.

Lindsay and Jay - Cute. It's nice how happy they are although I saw a lot of chemistry between Jay and the lawyer and new she'd give him her number. Loved Lindsay's reaction. They're smitten.

Atwater - I love when this guy gets a storyline. He's the best. His actions aren't anything many other cops haven't done as Roman pointed out. I could easily see Voight doing the same for Justin. I get why he's in a hard place as he both respects and is scared of the Seargeant. I think if this storyline continues though he'll do the right thing.

I like this storyline with Roman and the grieving widow. Roman is a great guy. Really likeable and decent. I also love him and Burgess together as friends mainly though I do think they're starting to care super deeply about each other.

Ruzek so does not want to move in together. Burgess could do better. She needs to dump his ass. I'd rather see him embrace his Pan issues.

Meh - I'm still really resenting Olinsky for leaving his family for a possible pseudo daughter. It's not noble or sweet.

• Love 4

I'm confused - I thought when Burgess and Roman called Atwater "as a courtesy" when they found the kid the second time, they were taking him in because Burgess said "someone had to do the right thing." Then something something something about name on report and Atwater leaves. So he took responsibility for the kid? And let him go? After helping him and getting him out the first time?

I don't mind Atwater the character, but they need to tell Royce the Voice to STOP MUMBLING. I can't hear anything he says. #marblemouth

Oh - and Burgess? Very sly with your "six-and-a-half-weeks" remark. Real smooth. GAH #saracasm

Bit of a boring episode but still enjoyable. The case of the week was kind of boring and predictable but I liked the little tidbits we got of all the characters personal lives.

Lindsay and Jay - Cute. It's nice how happy they are although I saw a lot of chemistry between Jay and the lawyer and new she'd give him her number. Loved Lindsay's reaction. They're smitten.

Atwater - I love when this guy gets a storyline. He's the best. His actions aren't anything many other cops haven't done as Roman pointed out. I could easily see Voight doing the same for Justin. I get why he's in a hard place as he both respects and is scared of the Seargeant. I think if this storyline continues though he'll do the right thing.

I like this storyline with Roman and the grieving widow. Roman is a great guy. Really likeable and decent. I also love him and Burgess together as friends mainly though I do think they're starting to care super deeply about each other.

Ruzek so does not want to move in together. Burgess could do better. She needs to dump his ass. I'd rather see him embrace his Pan issues.

Meh - I'm still really resenting Olinsky for leaving his family for a possible pseudo daughter. It's not noble or sweet.

It's killing me what they're doing to my Olinsky.  Please let him go back to how he was last year, and stop making him do dumb stuff. 

Trudy seems like the kind of woman who would looove another woman helping with an engagement in any way, especially Burgess knowing there will be a surprise proposal (sarcasm translation: not in a million years). Hard to believe our Trudy is not aware of what is gojng on. More likely, and I would love this storyline, Trudy would propose before Mouch can--hope that happens and Mouch is left to come up with a story about why he already has a ring that Burgess magically sized.

I liked the Atwater storyline because it is not the typical tv style happy ending where the kid sees the error of his ways. Also the conflict on Atwater's part in being asked to do this as a favor and involving the other officers. It seems like a pretty realistic beginning to how good intentions lead to problems and the group dynamics that contribute to what may have been a really bad move and make the situation worse. So hoping there is a tv-style happy ending to this storyline for Atwater.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh

Atwater is eager and ambitious, but as we all know, sometimes that can get you into trouble. He is already on a good track career-wise (we don't know how long he's been a cop, but it seems that detective work is rather coveted in the department, as of course is Intelligence itself). I have a bad feeling about how this will end, with him overshooting and then probably needing Voight's help just to keep his badge in the end...