Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: She's Come Undone

I thought Gabe saved Taylor before she got raped? When she was talking to Max I got the impression that she was saying she got raped.

Does Elizabeth remember she's a cop? 

Are they trying to turn Lori into a normal person now?

I don't know what's going on with this show.

• Love 2

Does Elizabeth remember she's a cop?

Apparently not, she's getting dumber by the episode though.

Are they trying to turn Lori into a normal person now?

I guess, it seems they're trying to redeem her, which I feared would happen since last season.

I don't know what's going on with this show.

Neither do the writers.

• Love 1

I thought Gabe saved Taylor before she got raped? When she was talking to Max I got the impression that she was saying she got raped.

I thought the same thing. Maybe the night is such a blur to her that she still doesn't really know exactly what happened? Or maybe the previous episode had to be edited to be less graphic, but they meant for us to understand that Taylor did get raped?

When she was at the party in this episode, I think that maybe Taylor was talking about how she felt about having been drugged and essentially kidnapped before she even realized what was happening. Regardless of whether she was raped or not, that's terrifying. She's probably never been so defenseless.

But on the other hand, Lori did THAT EXACT THING (drugging & kidnapping) to Carter last season, and now Lori and Carter are becoming friendly again. So who even knows.

I actually like Ben, and his storyline is what brought me back to the show (I liked the first season, but dropped out pretty early into S2A). But this thing with his foster sister doesn't really make sense to me. The way he was stealing seemed really sophisticated (hacking into a restaurant's credit card system), so I have a hard time believing that he's only been stealing to put together a wad of cash so that his former foster sister can go to rehab. Or that he's going to stop now. It also was weird to me how first we see the foster sister screaming and half dead in the bathroom, and next thing she's smiling and looking perfectly healthy in Ben's car, waiting to go happily to some rehab. The night before she was terrified of her foster parents finding out that she'd been doing drugs and sending her to juvy, but in the morning, she's already gotten them or her social worker to sign off on her going to some rehab that her random friend, who is also a minor child, is paying for with a mysterious wad of cash? Not that the logistics of this show ever make a lot of sense, and I think that we're actually supposed to be suspicious that Ben's stealing isn't just a short term thing that he did solely to pay for his foster sister's rehab (maybe?), but the rehab itself seems so fishy and the foster sister's reaction to it seems so fishy that I don't know if the whole thing is supposed to seem like a crock of shit or what.

I like that Lori seems more competent and adult now. She was a good mother to Carter for years and years, so I've always had a hard time believing that she was a COMPLETELY batshit mess. Plus, I think she's still up to something screwy even now. It seemed strange to me that Ben was so certain that she'd be out and that they could go to her apartment when his foster sister started OD-ing. Where was she that would keep her away from the apartment all evening? And I thought that she and Ben barely kept tabs on each other -- how would he even know what her schedule for the night would be? Her agreement to live like roommates with Ben also seems suspiciously unlike her to me (so I think that's probably a lie on Ben's part or part of some scheme of hers). She was always obsessed with Carter and has never had ANY sense of boundaries, but with Ben, she's perfectly fine just keeping him at an acquaintance-level of closeness? That seems impossible. And how come Ben is pushing so hard for her? Is it just because she's his mom? Because it seems like Ben takes a while to warm up to people, but he warmed up to Lori really fast and off-screen. I think that's actually the most interesting storyline they've got going right now.

The romance between Grant and Regan is offputting to me, because it's always juxtaposed with the romance between Jarrod and Carter. Aren't Grant and Carter only a few years apart in age? But Carter is dating this sketchy older man, and Grant is dating a little child? The juxtaposition makes both those relationships kind of sickening to watch imo. But maybe that's just a sign that I'm too old to be watching this show! :P

• Love 1

I thought the same thing. Maybe the night is such a blur to her that she still doesn't really know exactly what happened? Or maybe the previous episode had to be edited to be less graphic, but they meant for us to understand that Taylor did get raped?

If I remember correctly Gabe entered the room while that guy was unbuttoning her top, so I don't think Taylor got raped. I also don't remember exacty what she told Max in this episode. I'll have to watch that scene again to see how it could/should be interpreted.

When she was at the party in this episode, I think that maybe Taylor was talking about how she felt about having been drugged and essentially kidnapped before she even realized what was happening. Regardless of whether she was raped or not, that's terrifying. She's probably never been so defenseless.

[rest of the recap removed]

Thanks for posting this - keeps me up to date and reminds me why I don't watch the show.

• Love 1