Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2)

If anybody's interested in the loss of Manhattan to the British and how Washington felt that failure until the day he died, Sarah Vowell's new Lafayette In The Somewhat United States is fab.

Ooh, this is on the top of my book pile--I may have to get to it sooner than I had planned.

• Love 1

Finally, has the show offered any explanation of why nobody questions why she keeps taking a guy that looks like a refugee from a Revolutionary War reenactment to crime scenes and on her FBI job? I mean, the show has never much sense, but this REALLY makes no sense.

I know the original explanation, but Abby's not a small town cop anymore.  I'm talking about Season 3 and Abbie's FBI job.  It's mind-boggling that the show expects me to believe that she can let her weird roommate traipse through crime scenes and interview witnesses without her boss or nary an FBI agent objecting.

Forget it, Jake.  It's Sleepy Hollow Town.

• Love 5

Hi.  I usually just lurk here from time to time, but wanted to ask if this episode could be viewed without seeing the Bones episode?  Also, if we skip it, will we have missed something important? (and, yes, we're 2 behind--we've been so busy it's not funny!).

Thanks!

Edited by Shannon L.

Yeah, you can skip Bones. There's some cute character stuff, but read a recap and YouTube the good bits. All you need to know for this show is that they found a 200 year old corpse and Brennan released it from the Smithsonian to travel by truck to Sleepy Hollow....

Also, a quick note: the 200-year-old corpse is the body of General Howe, a commander in the British military, who considered Crane to be a traitor. He's the one that captured Crane in a previous episode and demanded he turn over all the names of his conspirators.