Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Getting Lei'd

I really need Alec and Stacey to get in that truth booth, because my entire guess for season at this point relies on them. Thank God they weren't dumb enough to send Austin and Cheyenne.

They are doing so poorly that at this point I don't think a sure answer can be determined- it can't by me that's for sure!

This group is dumber than a box of rocks. Their "strategy" turned out to be worse than blind guessing.

I saw a sneak peak of Ep. 7. If I'm interpreting it correctly,

one of the date couples is Alec/Melanie. WTF??!!

I honestly don't think they grasp that there's a logic puzzle component to the matches.

Edited by OnceSane
added spoiler tags

These bozos deserve to go home without the money. Are they just not showing it, or is no one really doing a spreadsheet of the past couplings to rule out matches?

they are not allowed to write things down in the house. They have to keep track of everything through memory which means this particular group is fucked.

I REALLY REALLY don't want these people to figure it out! I want to see what happens when they fail, unlike the first two seasons. if they start getting scads of lights at this point, I'll think it's producer intervention.

There are three guys the girls shouldn't want to touch with a ten-foot pole: Chuck the hookup king, Devin the hot-headed ass, and the guy last week who also had a fit and broke the door.

And there are three women who are trouble: Brittney the hookup queen, the stupid bitchy one that the host said was being stupid, and the clingy stalker.

Sorry, I can't use brain power to remember all their names. Some get almost no screen time over the likes of Chuck and Kiki.

Speaking of Kiki, she was apparently down with what Chuck did last week, until he did the exact same thing to her. Another self-involved twit.

Did anyone else get the crappy edit where the giant "leaderboard" obscured the coverage of the luau for a while? That was so annoying! No, I'm NOT going to play your Internet game, show!

What would be so hard about coming up with a short questionnaire and having all of them take it, hitting on some of the big "match-making" type areas? Or do it in a group meeting with a show of hands. Do you prefer to live in an urban, suburban or rural area? Do you consider yourself religious? Do you follow a budget or buy expensive things on a whim? (money is one of the big conflict areas in marriage). Would you rather go bungee jumping or have dinner and see a movie (gauging adventurousness)? What is your level of education/intelligence/curiosity? And other questions touching on fidelity, sexuality, introvert/extrovert. That's how the one couple got together -- they both get joy from serving others and both have a sense of humor -- that's what I gathered from their conversation. Some differences are good in a relationship, but some actual compatibility is critical, having nothing to do with "following your heart."

Because it's NOT about really finding your perfect match -- it's about figuring out who the show consultants decided would be the closest match for you among the people applying to be on the show.

Writing wasn't against the rules before. In a previous season, one of the girls was writing all the names down on a piece of notebook paper, and the camera showed it. Maybe they felt that made it too easy?

Edited by OnceSane

I REALLY REALLY don't want these people to figure it out! I want to see what happens when they fail, unlike the first two seasons. if they start getting scads of lights at this point, I'll think it's producer intervention.

There are three guys the girls shouldn't want to touch with a ten-foot pole: Chuck the hookup king, Devin the hot-headed ass, and the guy last week who also had a fit and broke the door.

And there are three women who are trouble: Brittney the hookup queen, the stupid bitchy one that the host said was being stupid, and the clingy stalker.

Sorry, I can't use brain power to remember all their names. Some get almost no screen time over the likes of Chuck and Kiki.

Speaking of Kiki, she was apparently down with what Chuck did last week, until he did the exact same thing to her. Another self-involved twit.

Did anyone else get the crappy edit where the giant "leaderboard" obscured the coverage of the luau for a while? That was so annoying! No, I'm NOT going to play your Internet game, show!

What would be so hard about coming up with a short questionnaire and having all of them take it, hitting on some of the big "match-making" type areas? Or do it in a group meeting with a show of hands. Do you prefer to live in an urban, suburban or rural area? Do you consider yourself religious? Do you follow a budget or buy expensive things on a whim? (money is one of the big conflict areas in marriage). Would you rather go bungee jumping or have dinner and see a movie (gauging adventurousness)? What is your level of education/intelligence/curiosity? And other questions touching on fidelity, sexuality, introvert/extrovert. That's how the one couple got together -- they both get joy from serving others and both have a sense of humor -- that's what I gathered from their conversation. Some differences are good in a relationship, but some actual compatibility is critical, having nothing to do with "following your heart."

Because it's NOT about really finding your perfect match -- it's about figuring out who the show consultants decided would be the closest match for you among the people applying to be on the show.

Writing wasn't against the rules before. In a previous season, one of the girls was writing all the names down on a piece of notebook paper, and the camera showed it. Maybe they felt that made it too easy?

I don't recall ever seeing anyone write and I've seen people from both seasons in interviews back up the fact that they can't write because they really wanted to do that to keep track of the pairings and stuff.

Don't know what to say -- I know what I saw. I guess we'll agree to disagree on that one. Maybe production saw it and pulled the paper and pen away. It was an African American female, in the bedroom. But they don't even need pen and paper. Do it orally. Use M&Ms to and spaghetti for a logic grid. Unless that's not allowed either.

Edited by Andromeda

Even though they didn't get any more lights, I think they did a bit better in this episode.  Their strategy must be to go back to the couples that are a possibility from week one to keep from getting another blackout, which is better than their random guesses last week.

The real hard part is getting the right people into the truth booth, which might be impossible when one of their smart options involves Kayla.  They've at least sent Kiki enough times that she's running out of options.

Whew, I was worried about my memory there in regard to the writing (I'm entering the age where it's not out of the realm of possibility for it to be an issue.). I think the producers probably realized that writing made things too easy and changed the rules for later season(s). 

The show reminds me of the logic puzzles in puzzle books. "Samantha is standing next to Jane, and is two over from Peter. Peter is between Adam and the man in the red shirt..."

The show reminds me of the logic puzzles in puzzle books. "Samantha is standing next to Jane, and is two over from Peter. Peter is between Adam and the man in the red shirt..."

Yes! I love those things. I wish the show focused a bit more on that aspect. Although this season obviously these idiots aren't even doing anything to try to figure it out.

That being said, I am actually really enjoying this season. I hope they lose. It'd be so funny!

Has anyone done a chart for this season like was done for last season?

Yes! I love those things. I wish the show focused a bit more on that aspect. Although this season obviously these idiots aren't even doing anything to try to figure it out.

That being said, I am actually really enjoying this season. I hope they lose. It'd be so funny!

Has anyone done a chart for this season like was done for last season?

areuthe.blogspot.com

Written by a real number cruncher

Edited by Amy Beth

That's the beauty of Are You the One. This show is what happens when two of my favorite things - logic puzzles and bad reality TV - had a drunken hookup that resulted in a baby.  

• Love 2