Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Aw, how sweet. Even DD ships Olicity. LMAO. They're really laying it on thick before the inevitable blow up at the end. 

I hope they don't have Felicity's surgery in the montage at the end. I don't expect her to be able to walk easily or instantly. Realistically she should have rehab and be walking with crutches for a few episodes or whatever. Haha I forgot what show I was watching for a moment. 

It feels a little awkward, and also hilarious, that she used the same word KC constantly uses.

Also it doesn't help one bit re the current crapfest storyline, bc I am totally on board that they're endgame. But FOR ME, the destination is not the only thing that matters.

• Love 5

"Soulmates" not my favorite word choice personally. I thought of KC too.

I was more interested in the three or four topics they covered. Hoping for more on Papa Smoak and the paralysis storyline. Curious about how she answer to the grave question (cause you know he asked).

• Love 2

Eh. I hate the term soulmate in general but I believe it more about Olicity than I ever would about Lauriver. I think O/F definitely have a deep connection because they both bring out the good in each other (most of the time lol) but whether that's enough is another matter. Obviously it's not enough right now. They have to deal with the crap first.

Edited by Guest

I've always hated the term Soulmates.  I hated it way back in S2 when either AJK or MG made the comment that Olicity were soulmates in their own way.  I think Soulmates is just a BS term show runners use to mean over the top angsty/dramatic relationships.

• Love 3

It feels a little awkward, and also hilarious, that she used the same word KC constantly uses.

Also it doesn't help one bit re the current crapfest storyline, bc I am totally on board that they're endgame. But FOR ME, the destination is not the only thing that matters.

Maybe its just a little jab,  Actors are usually pretty protective of the character they are portraying plus I may have been seeing things but Emily did sort of give Katie a look when she said the whole "Oliver is Laurel's one true love" or whatever she said. To me Emily saying "soulmates" about Felicity and Oliver has a little bit more credence in my book., 

Ok now this is just getting weird.  EBR referring to Felicity and Oliver as soulmates AND her getting the line about "I know it in my bones" during her conversation with Donna last episode.  And seriously, Laurel did seem snippy when Felicity was all "awe the first time we meet, you were giving me a damaged laptop to get data off of."

I don't follow these things and I'm not sure they would have known who was in the grave when the filmed 4x14, but one could construed this as meaning KC did get fired and Laurel is in the grave and things are not as friendly between the actresses as I once believed.  I mean, I don't think any of that is the case, but damn it looks odd.

• Love 4

Ok now this is just getting weird.  EBR referring to Felicity and Oliver as soulmates AND her getting the line about "I know it in my bones" during her conversation with Donna last episode.  And seriously, Laurel did seem snippy when Felicity was all "awe the first time we meet, you were giving me a damaged laptop to get data off of."

I don't follow these things and I'm not sure they would have known who was in the grave when the filmed 4x14, but one could construed this as meaning KC did get fired and Laurel is in the grave and things are not as friendly between the actresses as I once believed.  I mean, I don't think any of that is the case, but damn it looks odd.

COME JOIN ME AND @CHASER IN THE LL IS DEAD TRAIN :'D IT'S SUCH A HAPPY PLACE TO BE lol

• Love 8

I really don't think the use of soulmates means anything aside from EBR selling what she needs to? I mean, last season she tried to sell Raylicity because she had to for a while.

And the "I know in my bones" line is just because they recycle lines all the time. Someone else said it earlier in the season, IIRC. It's also not the only line that's been said more than once. Laurel wondered why everyone always left her and so did Barry over on The Flash and Felicity said it to her dad too. All it proves is they need new dialogue. Haha.

Sorry, I'm probably being a party pooper. Ha.

Edited by Guest

Yeah, the idea that EBR is purposefully using the term "soulmates" in direct response to stuff KC has said in previous interviews, while hilarious in a conspiracy theory way, is just too much for me.

Hell, the idea that actors even READ what their castmates say to the press is too much for me. They totally don't.

• Love 4

I really don't think the use of soulmates means anything aside from EBR selling what she needs to? I mean, last season she tried to sell Raylicity because she had to for a while.

And the "I know in my bones" line is just because they recycle lines all the time. Someone else said it earlier in the season, IIRC. It's also not the only line that's been said more than once. Laurel wondered why everyone always left her and so did Barry over on The Flash and Felicity said it to her dad too. All it proves is they need new dialogue. Haha.

Sorry, I'm probably being a party pooper. Ha.

I'm sure they DO recycle lines, but the "I know it in my bones" one is just so weird to me.  I can think of a thousand better ways to say "I know YOU" than that.  So I was prepared for that weirdness to be isolated to Laurel.  When they crossed it over to Felicity - it felt like some kind of passing of the baton or something.  Like Lauriver is dead, long live Olicity!

Edited because I actually have no idea how to even combine Laurel and Oliver's name together properly.  Why don't we use ship names like Once does?  Oh I guess Hacker Arrow doesn't sound all that cool, huh?

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 1

Yeah, the idea that EBR is purposefully using the term "soulmates" in direct response to stuff KC has said in previous interviews, while hilarious in a conspiracy theory way, is just too much for me.

Hell, the idea that actors even READ what their castmates say to the press is too much for me. They totally don't.

I think this idea comes from KC saying this in a recent double interview with EBR while they were sitting next to each other..

• Love 1

KC used the term in the joint interview with EBR. Funny and so awkward all at once. 

"In my bones" a terrible, horrible, no good line that keeps getting repeated because someone thinks it's awesome. IMO, EBR had a difficult time even getting it out.

Just to be clear tho, I still think LL is in the grave.

• Love 6

I'm sure they DO recycle lines, but the "I know it in my bones" one is just so weird to me.  I can think of a thousand better ways to say "I know YOU" than that. 

Greg Berlanti uses "in my bones" IRL. I've seen in it a couple of his interviews. So it becomes a regular term to the writers room.

• Love 2

I think this idea comes from KC saying this in a recent double interview with EBR while they were sitting next to each other..

Oh, I know, but to then assume this is EBR giving ~the fandom~ a TAKE THAT IN YOUR FACE, KC! answer in a following interview is definitely too much for me.

• Love 10

I don't think it's on purpose. AT MOST maybe subconscious. I just think it's hilarious. Who knew someone could have TWO soulmates.

• Love 1

I absolutely don't believe that she'd send jabs at KC via interviews, but I want to jump on this train of thought to point out that they are definitely pushing the BFF's thing less, lately. Bwahaha

• Love 4

For me, the use of "Soulmate" is harmless and it is shorthand for OTP. Unfortunately KC has overused the word and it has turned out completely wrong. Personally I find "Star-Crossed" more annoying and more indicative of needless Drama.

I'm more amused by the fact that they are finally trotting out EBR for interviews, right when there is a big negative reaction to BMD, and the likelihood of Olicity breaking up.

• Love 8

Chiming in to beg that no one on this show, actor or character, claims to be someone's lobster.  Yes, I am still scarred from Ross/Rachel!

I swear to god, like, 15 minutes ago I watched an interview with Holland Roden from Teen Wolf, and she called Lydia/Stiles "the Ross and Rachel" of that show and I legit RECOILED from the computer.

Holland Roden is also my sworn enemy now.

• Love 4

I have to admit that I like her interviews. She sounds like she thinks about her character and gets her most of the time. Unless the writers throw her under the bus. I am not sure if they will get back together but I guess that will be the open wound that can always rear its ugly head: 'Can I ever trust you again?'

• Love 3

So, based on last week's preview, we know Vixen is in Detroit, right? And from the comic preview, it seems like Oliver travels there to get her? LOL. I love that with his son missing, he brings his Green Arrow gear for no reason whatsoever. When time is of the essence, you don't check bags, Oliver!

• Love 2

Well I don't know how good of friends KC and Emily really are and I don't want to judge Emily wrong here, but I sit in disbelief that KC said recently that she thinks Laurel and Oliver are soulmates.  All while sitting next to the actress playing his - likely - end game love interest? WTF?  I don't give two cents about the whole "sometimes soulmates don't end up together" things - in what world do Laurel and Oliver seem like anything other than a bad match from the word go?  Sara and Oliver were closer to soulmates (more like twin souls?) and I wouldn't even go there!

I mean, holy cow batman, what show is KC watching?  None of my hopes for Laurel as a character can happen when the actress who players her is so delusional about the character. I was ok with it when I thought that was how KC talked about Laurel and Oliver back in season two, but still?  In front of Emily!  Alright, I give up, she can be in the grave.  My resistance to them killing a female superhero can only go so far.

• Love 4

Well I don't know how good of friends KC and Emily really are and I don't want to judge Emily wrong here, but I sit in disbelief that KC said recently that she thinks Laurel and Oliver are soulmates.  All while sitting next to the actress playing his - likely - end game love interest? WTF?  I don't give two cents about the whole "sometimes soulmates don't end up together" things - in what world do Laurel and Oliver seem like anything other than a bad match from the word go?  Sara and Oliver were closer to soulmates (more like twin souls?) and I wouldn't even go there!

I mean, holy cow batman, what show is KC watching?  None of my hopes for Laurel as a character can happen when the actress who players her is so delusional about the character. I was ok with it when I thought that was how KC talked about Laurel and Oliver back in season two, but still?  In front of Emily!  Alright, I give up, she can be in the grave.  My resistance to them killing a female superhero can only go so far.

Come join us to the dark side where we think LL is the one in the grave :)))) It's fun here lol

• Love 9

Yeah, I think it's just a coincidence that she used her catch phrase. But I find it a bit funny.

Oh how I wish EBR would stick to rhapsodizing about Felicity's iconic lipstick instead of having such interesting interviews and insights into her character.  Surely, she knows we're more interested in how she feels about her character's preference for bright hues than we are in her lamenting the lack of time to honor the realities of the paralysis story or explain the complexities of a romantic relationship or exploring just how much one is willing to take from a soulmate. ;-)

• Love 12

I loved her response to the paralysis question, especially the part about feeling apologetic because they only had so much time.

Thanks for posting that because that actually got me to read the interview. I do appreciate the time & effort EBR put into the paralysis story. I hated them doing the paralysis story because I feel like the writers would not do it justice. Basically, since it was primarily done for plot & to prop Curtis, I will have to say that I don't think they did the paralysis story justice. But EBR per usual has not let me down because I think she has been excellent in her portrayal, as has SA.

I do feel as though they have time but don't want to go there.

They had more than enough time. They just chose not to go there. They saw putting her in a wc with paralysis as a shiny new gimmick to make their plots seem so progressive, when in actuality they had no desire to actually do a paralysis story. They wanted to pay homage (aka copy) one of their fav comics plots, but never fully wanted to explore what paralysis is like. It's kinda annoying and disappointing. I hope the wrters don't get any formal recognition for it. I don't mind if EBR gets recognition - but their writing does not deserve it. And those cool FS on Smoak scenes did not require her to be paralyzed.

• Love 3

Ah EBR why did you have to say Olicity are soulmates? We were doing so well. The only thing that could have been worse is if she referred to Olicity as "a part of each other." Bah humbug! I'm just going to pretend she said Olicity are seatmates or suitemates or sleepmates. :)

Edited by MsSchadenfreude
  • Love 2

I think the concept of soulmate is so attractive because we want to believe that there is a person just for us out there somewhere.  It goes back as far as The Symposium by Plato, where humans originally had four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces,  Zeus split them apart and we spend out lives looking for our other half.

SHE'LL BE WALKING DOWN THE AISLE IN OLIVER'S DREAM HAHAHAHAHA. Like, that's how 416 opens.

And then he wakes up and realizes that she dumped him because he lied to he. I WANT THIS SO MUCH.

• Love 3

Dawson Leery ruined "soulmate" for me years and years ago, but I will forgive EBR because she is just that cute. (I will also admit I am trash for soulmate AU fan fic. I am not proud, people!)

Am I correct that Oliver not only travels to Detroit to get Vixen, he suits up and vigilantes around town while he's at it? That's hilarious. 

• Love 9

Dawson Leery ruined "soulmate" for me years and years ago, but I will forgive EBR because she is just that cute. (I will also admit I am trash for soulmate AU fan fic. I am not proud, people!)

Am I correct that Oliver not only travels to Detroit to get Vixen, he suits up and vigilantes around town while he's at it? That's hilarious. 

Why would you dis Dawson Leery???

tumblr_m5879b24cb1qzfgrpo1_250.gif

I forgive EBR too considering the rest of her interview was so on point ;) I loved how she expressed disappointment at the writers bust still somehow ended up supporting them in regards to her wheelchair arc. Damn, well done. 

• Love 3

I think the concept of soulmate is so attractive because we want to believe that there is a person just for us out there somewhere.  It goes back as far as The Symposium by Plato, where humans originally had four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces,  Zeus split them apart and we spend out lives looking for our other half.

True, but also, John Cameron Mitchell zeroed the soulmate trope when he did this:

http://youtu.be/c3oSc8gMrGo

So anyone else trying to tackle it just look silly now.

Progressive would have been leaving her in the wheelchair and then going through some of the issues that chair-bound people go through.  Although given how they treat other issues, perhaps we should be grateful that they didn't.

• Love 2

Why would you dis Dawson Leery???

tumblr_m5879b24cb1qzfgrpo1_250.gif

I forgive EBR too considering the rest of her interview was so on point ;) I loved how she expressed disappointment at the writers bust still somehow ended up supporting them in regards to her wheelchair arc. Damn, well done. 

For some reason, I'm having trouble loading pics and gifs on my new laptop, but I knew exactly which gif you used. Man, I hated Dawson. And JVDB until Don't Trust the B! Now I kinda love him. 

• Love 2

For some reason, I'm having trouble loading pics and gifs on my new laptop, but I knew exactly which gif you used. Man, I hated Dawson. And JVDB until Don't Trust the B! Now I kinda love him. 

hehehehe Fuck Dawson tbh :p If there's one thing I was certain whilst watching that show was that I didn't want to wait for his life to be over. After S1 I was hoping he'd die lol Oh how sadly I was burned.

I LOVED him in Don't trust the B! Honestly thought that was an underrated show, kept me entertained. JVDB should stick to playing himself in comedies.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4