Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Gotta say, Arrow is making it real hard to look forward to the rest of season 4. So far, the upcoming storylines that we know are - FS paralyzed, BMD/return of the spawn, acknowledgement of the Nyssa/Oliver marriage, Olicity breakup and death of a supposedly 'major' character.

I like that Arrow is darker and am not here for all fluff all the time but am having a hard time understanding how they expect fans to drum up excitement when everything we hear seems to be a major downer. 

Well, when the four masks go out into the field they walk in a line every single time and apparently it looks cool and comic book-y. 

Literally all I've got. LOL.

Edited by Guest

Given that there's a mini hiatus between 415 and 416, I'm guessing this is how the breakup is going to happen:

BM and kid reveal happens in 414 or 415. Kid gets abducted in 415 and everyone is going to be too busy rescuing him to react before the end of the episode. After the kid has been saved, Felicity breaks up with Oliver for his lying/secret keeping. But she also pushes him to spend time with his kid because of her own experiences with her dad. And because she needs time away from him. Also, at some point DD gets arrested before the end of 415.

So a couple weeks later, we come back with 416 following real time. Oliver is back from spending time in Central City. Maybe coming back to a team that's not very happy with him, maybe not. The court prep for DD's trial has been taken care of (Yes, I know jury selection and pre trial stuff should take months, not weeks, but hey, this is Arrow) so Laurel's in the courtroom doing lawyer stuff. Felicity has adjusted to a new living situation (again) and is concentrating on saving QC before the big board meeting and/or finding a cure.

Aaand that's all I've got. I think this way, both Felicity and Oliver get out of the BM drama and breakup with their dignities intact and also no one looking like a "bad guy"-- Felicity "proves" she's only mad at Oliver for lying, not making him choose between her or his son; Oliver doesn't seem like (more of) a dick for leaving his paralyzed ex-fiancée to play house with BM. I still hate the storyline, but in this scenario I can still root for Olicity when they get back together.

This makes a whole lot of sense. ITA it's very likely to happen.

I'm thinking the kid being kidnapped can help soften Felicity's anger in the breakup scene, because we know she's gonna feel bad for the demon spawn.

• Love 3

One of the people said KC seemed a bit subdued. 

I WONDER WHY O_O 

I hate hoping. I need to hope though. It's the only bright spot in 4B. 

Also tbh with what Wendy and Stephen said about Felicity's wheelchair arc, that's also one other thing I'm looking forward to. Apparently Stephen said that Emily was amazing in the hallucination scenes. 

• Love 4

I'm so bored by all of this. Like, that's legit my main reaction. Not outrage, not disbelief, not frustration. Just boredom. Wake me up [before you go go] when the plot-driven hot mess is over.

I watch way too much TV. I understand angst and can even enjoy it, at the very least expect it with ever relationship. But can we please get some creativity and stop being so stupidly predictable?

• Love 13

There is literally nothing surprising about these spoilers. We all predicted this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just to be clear, as an attorney (who is once again ashamed Guggie graduated from my law school, but I am betting he graduated without honors), it was technically a lie. By which I mean that had Oliver made those statements in those circumstances, under oath, he could be prosecuted for perjury.

But this is a TV show. On the CW. I doubt any of this applies tbh.

Apparently Stephen said that Emily was amazing in the hallucination scenes.

This makes me almost positive that Felicity hallucinates Oliver as well, since she is standing and facing him in one instance in the promo.

This makes me almost positive that Felicity hallucinates Oliver as well, since she is standing and facing him in one instance in the promo.

Yeah, I'm betting that's a hallucination, too. Especially since WM said that this arc would lead to Felicity questioning some of her decisions. 

I'm not saying never, I'm saying not straight after their break up.

Yeah, I don't think he's hooking up with anyone. I'm just not going to worry about BM and spawn after 4.15. I mean, spawn gets kidnapped by a supervillain, gets rescued, and he and his horrible disgusting hag of a mother just skip on back to Central City and their cozy home (bought with the other $1M check, don't lie to me, ho!), easily available for more kidnapping? Nah.  

And he won't sleep with LL, because that would cause a singularity and Firestorm isn't handy to sacrifice himself to help Barry fix it, like last time.

• Love 1

Did KC even get any questions? The only mention I've seen of her is the clip where she's demonstrating the Canary Cry.

There was a general question to the cast that everyone answered. From what I gathered from the tweets, the moderator said she was being quiet and then got her to the cry. I would love to take her being quiet as a sign, but she could have just been in a mood or maybe the energy was off because the other three had yesterday to goof off with each other.

• Love 2

Given that there's a mini hiatus between 415 and 416, I'm guessing this is how the breakup is going to happen:

BM and kid reveal happens in 414 or 415. Kid gets abducted in 415 and everyone is going to be too busy rescuing him to react before the end of the episode. After the kid has been saved, Felicity breaks up with Oliver for his lying/secret keeping. But she also pushes him to spend time with his kid because of her own experiences with her dad. And because she needs time away from him. Also, at some point DD gets arrested before the end of 415.

So a couple weeks later, we come back with 416 following real time. Oliver is back from spending time in Central City. Maybe coming back to a team that's not very happy with him, maybe not. The court prep for DD's trial has been taken care of (Yes, I know jury selection and pre trial stuff should take months, not weeks, but hey, this is Arrow) so Laurel's in the courtroom doing lawyer stuff. Felicity has adjusted to a new living situation (again) and is concentrating on saving QC before the big board meeting and/or finding a cure.

Aaand that's all I've got. I think this way, both Felicity and Oliver get out of the BM drama and breakup with their dignities intact and also no one looking like a "bad guy"-- Felicity "proves" she's only mad at Oliver for lying, not making him choose between her or his son; Oliver doesn't seem like (more of) a dick for leaving his paralyzed ex-fiancée to play house with BM. I still hate the storyline, but in this scenario I can still root for Olicity when they get back together.

Oliver better be living in the bunker.

I can't decide which option I like best for Felicity - Donna could move in with her, but Donna drives her crazy.  Though maybe a girl needs her mom in moments like this.  Laurel could move in with her if they want to try to convince us of a real Felicity/Laurel friendship (and maybe some of their real life friendship could come through to convince us this is real).  I would say Thea but the problem is that Thea was stabbed there and she might feel like she should support her brother.  Or Felicity could just be strong enough to live on her own (after Curtis and Cisco get together to design her a rockin' wheelchair).

But there is no way Felicity should have to move out if they break up.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the cast skips over the flashback scenes. They've been boring and pointless for awhile. 

I don't blame them a bit, but do they still do table reads? Do they skip those parts? Do unaffected cast members excuse themselves to go get a snack? I'm so curious. 

All the spoilers remind me that in the last 2 seasons, I spent the time between episodes 13-ish and 19-ish wondering why the hell I still watch this show.

I have to give them props for consistency, I suppose. Their repetitiveness and hackery is why all you beautiful cupcakes can predict everything that will happen. Reminds me of when I got my coworker/friend to watch, and we'd watch at lunch, and he'd finish characters sentences because they were so predictable. (He quit watching last year.)

I'm hoping the quotes about Felicity and her paralysis mean that she will be dealing with the sudden, huge change in her life, but that Oliver and TA won't see her differently and still think she's awesome. Which she is. That's a fair way to deal with this since they won't be going into the very real challenges that those who are newly paralyzed experience.  

• Love 4

Maybe she will live at PT? She can work all the time to save the company and get herself out of the wheelchair. It is really weird, while I do think that she can have a completely normal life with a disability, I still want her to get out of the chair. Does that sound awful? I don't mean it in a disrespectful way ( I really hope nobody understands it that way) but how badass would it be, if they (Felicity and Curtis) could invent sometimes to get her walking again. 

• Love 1

I know it was unrealistic but I hoped I would never have to hear about the Oliver / Nyssa marriage again. That hanging plot point needs to die immediately, but then I feel that way about all league of assassins plots.

For me, if they don't definitively end it then it will taint any future marriage plans they might have for Oliver and Felicity. The lying by omission and the stupid kid drama is already trying my patience and I don't need a leftover S3 plot piling on top of that. I must say that I'm glad to read that Stephen was not happy with the decision to make Oliver lie to Felicity. He was clearly able to anticipate what the reaction was going to be from fans (media response might have surprised him though).

To paraphrase Slade, how many times can Oliver Queen be made an idiot for plot before the audience no longer cares about Oliver Queen? We are four seasons in and I'm losing patience and might need to take my own hiatus from the show.

• Love 11
Oliver better be living in the bunker.

I can't decide which option I like best for Felicity - Donna could move in with her, but Donna drives her crazy.  Though maybe a girl needs her mom in moments like this.  Laurel could move in with her if they want to try to convince us of a real Felicity/Laurel friendship (and maybe some of their real life friendship could come through to convince us this is real).  I would say Thea but the problem is that Thea was stabbed there and she might feel like she should support her brother.  Or Felicity could just be strong enough to live on her own (after Curtis and Cisco get together to design her a rockin' wheelchair).

But there is no way Felicity should have to move out if they break up.

I don't think Felicity should have to move out either, but she can't get up those stairs by herself, and I don't buy that any of those women can carry her on a regular basis (arguments re: Laurel carrying Sara to the lair will not be considered as that was BS). She could move everything to the main level of the loft, but to me that would indicate that she knows this isn't a permanent breakup, because the layout of that apartment isn't conducive to making your bedroom on the main level. I know that's a lot of logical thought that the writers may not employ in their decision-making, but they're not going to build a new set for Oliver's single life, and if they're only going to show one of their living spaces, it's probably going to be his. If I had to guess, I'd say she'll move into an apartment that is accessible and looks remarkably like Ray's "apartment" from last season, maybe with Donna in tow.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 6

I doubt we're going to see their living space at all after they break up. It'll be one of those off-screen things we're not supposed to question. LOL.

I have a hard time with the idea that the spawn gets kidnapped bc a bad guy finds out he's Oliver's kid, and then Oliver...spends a lot more time making it clear to all that the spawn is his kid? And BM is okay with that?

I watch way too much TV. I understand angst and can even enjoy it, at the very least expect it with ever relationship. But can we please get some creativity and stop being so stupidly predictable?

It's like they write angst for an imaginary viewer who's never watched tv [or read a fiction book] ever in their lives, so they literally lack the education to be able to recognize the artificial bullshit.

I just love it that SA got his ass out of the line for the BMD, by pretty much confessing that Oliver had to lie for plot. I love confirmation of plot-driven decisions like this, because if I see the clear mechanics behind the narrative, it loses all of its power over my reactions/emotions about it. Thanks, Steve!

• Love 10

I don't think Felicity should have to move out either, but she can't get up those stairs by herself, and I don't buy that any of those women can carry her on a regular basis (arguments re: Laurel carrying Sara to the lair will not be considered as that was BS). She could move everything to the main level of the loft, but to me that would indicate that she knows this isn't a permanent breakup, because the layout of that apartment isn't conducive to making your bedroom on the main level. I know that's a lot of logical thought that the writers may not employ in their decision-making, but they're not going to build a new set for Oliver's single life, and if they're only going to show one of their living spaces, it's probably going to be his. If I had to guess, I'd say she'll move into an apartment that is accessible and looks remarkably like Ray's "apartment" from last season, maybe with Donna in tow.

I'm trying to believe there is an elevator in that building and they do a quick remodel and somehow a bedroom ends up downstairs. 

I think the stories are going to go down as several of you outline, I'm just wondering how dark they are going with Felicity--I hope not too dark.  I think it would fit with the theme of this season if Oliver tried to turn her away from killing, but if they are broken up she may go really dark.  

With the exception of season one, episodes 10 -18 of any season seem to be when the writers lose their damn minds. They just can't seem to construct a B-plot that doesn't rest on secrets and lies and load up the melodrama.   The question is whether this season improves after 18 like in season two, or slumps towards the finale like last year.  I'm wondering whether the lack of melodrama in eps 4.01 - 4.09 (I'm ignoring 4.08) was an anomoly or something they'll recover in the home stretch.

In brighter news, the fact that a lot of articles and their comments section now think its Diggle in the grave gives me hope that he's clear.  I feel like they telegraphed Felicity being dead in episode 1 and Diggle in the last episode, and i think both were intentional misdirects.

• Love 4

My problem with this breakup is that I have a hard time believing that Felicity and Oliver would be around each other after a breakup.  I just don't see how she could stay on the team - it would tear her apart inside.  It would be almost impossible to believe that she could run coms for him even if she never had to see him.  I have to believe that a break up would mean Felicity leaving the team.

I can only believe they are in the limo together because someone they both cared about died.  That's it.  When people break up - they avoid each other.  And two people who loved each other as much as Felicity and Oliver could not just be around each other and it not be killing them.  Last season, I was a little worried they were going to put them through enough drama and angst that I wouldn't believe it when they finally got together.  Fortunately for them, the actors have so much chemistry, I felt their love early this season and bought into it.  But if they put them through too much crap, I'm not going to believe it when they get back together - I hope somebody realizes this and reigns it in.

I have to say, I really think it was a mistake to do the baby momma story this season - especially while launching LoT.  They should have really fleshed out those LoT episodes - given us some meaty stuff between Sara and Thea and Sara and Laurel.  I had high hopes for those episodes and it all came off as shallow.  I enjoyed them, but it was all lacking a certain amount of substance.  Tossing the BM storyline into the Hawks crossover could not have been worse.  He should have found out about the kid last season when they weren't together before he joined the LoT or something.  And they should have found a better reason to break them up - this is stupid.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 3

My problem with this breakup is that I have a hard time believing that Felicity and Oliver would be around each other after a breakup.  I just don't see how she could stay on the team - it would tear her apart inside.  It would be almost impossible to believe that she could run coms for him even if she never had to see him.  I have to believe that a break up would mean Felicity leaving the team.

They broke-up/put an end to things at the beginning of season three and she didn't leave the team. I believe that Felicity is stronger than that, and that while it would hurt because of all of the lies, she would not put the rest of the team and the city at risk. She is as a part of the team as anyone else, and the city comes first. 

That's not to say that it would not be awkward and such, but I just can't see her walking away completely because it hurt too much to be in the same room as Oliver. 

However, I am all for Felicity taking some time to realize how much of her life was based on Oliver's life and what he wanted (a call back to 4x06 and her getting lost in him) and taking some time to figure out what it is that she wants exactly. If that includes time away from the team and possibly Star City? Great.

But IMO she's not so dependent on Oliver that even being near him would destroy her. 

• Love 7

I suppose it depends on if this is a pause or a break. Is it - I need some time away from you because you are a lying liar who lies, and btw, take this ring, it's tainted, or is it an - I can never trust you again, fuck off and btw, I'll still help TA because I am awesome and a better hero than you. Or somewhere in between. 

Neither of these options prevents a last minute, I love and miss you, let's get back together even though we haven't addressed any of our problems because see S3.

• Love 8

Plus, honestly, people do see their exes on a day-to-day basis in real life as well. If you were dating a co-worker or a classmate, there's not that much choice. Also, this is TV. A major point of a break up is seeing how the characters react to it. And isolating them from each other limits those reactions.

• Love 3

At this point I truly believe it's more of Felicity's mission than Oliver's. HE didn't even want to be here.

Also, maybe this the optimism lane I'm gonna die in, but I don't see the show making Felicity into the bad guy in a breakup-*, because that leads nowhere re: plot. What, she's gonna leave and we'll have a bunch of Felicity-less episodes in March and April? That makes zero sense.

* randos on the internets are gonna think she's awful. Just remember: their opinion do not influence the actual storytelling.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 12

They were together in the limo bc the scene required it, and other than maybe a couple weeks of a break, they'll continue to work together on Team Arrow because the show requires it. 

What I need is for Oliver to work to regain her forgiveness and trust. ACTUAL WORK. Not nice words, but real, hard, difficult ACTIONS from his ass. He has gotten away with treating his loved ones, but especially her, badly for too long. They're going to get back together, obviously, but I need to see him earn her trust and forgiveness this time.

• Love 4

I don't care about the logic. I have zero interest in seeing Felicity leave the team or the city. She loves being part of the team, she loves what they do and what they stand for. There's no way she'll lose that just because she's not with Oliver anymore. Felicity's much stronger than that.

But this is a TV show. On the CW. I doubt any of this applies tbh.

I didn't say it applied to the show. Oliver was not under oath, after all. I said that Guggie's statement that it was not technically a lie is not correct. 

They broke-up/put an end to things at the beginning of season three and she didn't leave the team. I believe that Felicity is stronger than that, and that while it would hurt because of all of the lies, she would not put the rest of the team and the city at risk. She is as a part of the team as anyone else, and the city comes first. 

That's not to say that it would not be awkward and such, but I just can't see her walking away completely because it hurt too much to be in the same room as Oliver. 

However, I am all for Felicity taking some time to realize how much of her life was based on Oliver's life and what he wanted (a call back to 4x06 and her getting lost in him) and taking some time to figure out what it is that she wants exactly. If that includes time away from the team and possibly Star City? Great.

But IMO she's not so dependent on Oliver that even being near him would destroy her. 

One - they didn't break up at the beginning of season three.  They went on one date and then he decided they couldn't be together.  They were never a couple in season three.  He kept telling her he loved her and she finally put a stop to that nonsense and told him she didn't want to be a woman he loved. 

Also, I don't need to see Felicity be "strong" enough to support Oliver while she is (probably) still paralyzed and she is feeling hurt and betrayed.  Oh and I guess she still has a father arc to deal with.  No. I'd much rather Felicity take care of herself and deal with her own shit and not put Oliver and his mission first and foremost.  Personally, if she doesn't get to take some time and deal with her own feelings and problems in all of this because she has to say "strong" for the team - I'd say she doesn't have to worry about "losing" herself in Oliver - I'd say she's already long gone.

Plus, honestly, people do see their exes on a day-to-day basis in real life as well. If you were dating a co-worker or a classmate, there's not that much choice. Also, this is TV. A major point of a break up is seeing how the characters react to it. And isolating them from each other limits those reactions.

But a) that's why people are actually discourage to date in many companies and b) lots of people do avoid each other like crazy even at work or change jobs.  That's what people do in real life.  And if you get to the point where you were living together and have to break up?  That's a whole other level of we need to not be around each other.

However, if it's just Felicity saying "please just sleep at the bunker for awhile - I need time to think" than that makes her working loosely with the team more believable.

• Love 2

I'm not saying she should stay strong for the team, but she's the one who told Oliver SHE wanted to come back because SHE missed that part of her life - he wanted to stay in Ivy Town. No matter how badly he hurts her, I don't think she's going to abandon doing something that is rewarding to HER because of it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 18

I didn't say it applied to the show. Oliver was not under oath, after all. I said that Guggie's statement that it was not technically a lie is not correct. 

Okay, but who cares what he says? 

I just wish the show would finally start letting Oliver make smart decisions and stop regressing his growth. Stephen is good for saying "the show is the show" but when is the show itself going to grow and move forward? They had every opportunity to continue to set an example and show a truly healthy and committed adult relationship on TV and of all places on the CW at that. But they had to taint it for no real reason whatsoever. Its as though Marc and to a degree even Wendy enjoy writing age old tropes and not even trying to put too much of a spin on them. The writers IMO sometimes lack creativity. You can give angsty scenarios to people in love without them ending up lying and keeping secrets. I honestly think Emily (even though she may want to keep it interesting or whatever she said in that interview) and Stephen have one direction they want their characters to go and the writers have a completely different one! 

Truly I think it is only so much dumping on a couple (and getting glee from it, looking at you Wendy) before your fans start to possibly feel they're never going to let them (especially Oliver) actually obtain and keep happiness. Just my opinion.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

What @apinknightmare said. This year's mission is at least as much Felicity's as it is Oliver's, probably more so. So in walking away, she'd be spiting herself. If she does declare she needs to get away to regroup, it will probably happen at the end of the season when HIVE is beaten and SC's criminals take a break. Which would still be a very dubious decision on the writers' part because there are basically two options at the start of season 5. Either they have worked things through over the break or Oliver has been sitting on his ass for five months, doing nothing to get the love of his life back.

• Love 7

I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want Felicity to leave the team or the city to 'find herself' or make sure she hasn't lost herself in Oliver or whatever. That would remove her from the narrative. Why would we want to see her isolated, even more so than she was in s3 on Palmer island? No thank you. 

The fact that Felicity will break up with Oliver but still have enough strength of character to remain on the team and do what she does best is so admirable. 

I'm not saying she should stay strong for the team, but she's the one who told Oliver SHE wanted to come back because SHE missed that part of her life - he wanted to stay in Ivy Town. No matter how badly he hurts her, I don't think she's going to abandon doing something that is rewarding to HER because of it.

But that was before she was paralyzed, had a evil daddy arc, or was hurt by him again.

My problem  with saying she's too strong to leave the team is that it implies that if she does - she is weak.

I think Felicity gets to do what any healthy, normal woman would do after a life-changing injury and break-up.  She gets to take care of herself and figure her life out.  There is nothing weak about that.

Now if people want to say there are believable reasons why she would stay a part of the team - that's cool.  I don't happen to agree, but I don't think there are any logical reasons for Laurel to be part of the team in season three.  So we know logic need not apply.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 3

No. I'd much rather Felicity take care of herself and deal with her own shit and not put Oliver and his mission first and foremost.

I disagree with the premise that Felicity thinks of it as Oliver's mission. We in the audience might, but I don't think she does -- not for a long time now.

And this presumption that in a breakup it's *Felicity* who has to leave the team makes me super umcomfortable. She owns the Arrow bunker, she finances the entire mission, and she needs to leave? Fuck that shit.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 16
My problem  with saying she's too strong to leave the team is that it implies that if she does - she is weak.

But it's not about her strength--it's about what Felicity wants to do, what she likes to do, what she feels called to do. Your posts feel like you still view Team Arrow's activities as being Oliver's mission and the show has done its best since S2 at least to show that that isn't the case. And nothing sold it more on Felicity's side than when she couldn't stop herself from helping the team even while traveling the world with Oliver. She's the one who convinced him to move back to SC; she's the one who told him in 409 that they could have both, etc. etc.

So her staying on the team after she breaks up with Oliver isn't a matter of strength vs. weakness. It's a matter of what's in her nature and what isn't. I don't buy that she would quit HER mission because she feels sad when she sees Oliver.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 7

*** I apologize in advance because I sometimes have issues typing a post until I get to the "use full editor" option. I'm not sure why - but yea, that's the way it is.

Ok regarding whose missions/team this is.... I agree that it's Felicity's as much as Oliver's, but that's not the way a lot of fans seem to think.  And they definitely didn't think that way when Thea and Laurel would look at Diggle to see if he backed Oliver's calls at the beginning of this season.  I saw tons of complaints about if they want Oliver back - they need to follow his orders, etc...

Plus, when two people share a life and breakup - someone leaves.  I think in this case it would be Felicity because she needs to deal with her life-changing injury, she has a company to run, and while Oliver probably wants to get back together - it would be Felicity who would need time to think. 

But, a lot of this really depends on the breakup.  If it's a "we are done" breakup - I (personally) will not find it believable if things don't change.  If it's "I need time to think" then I can believe she would work with them for awhile before she and Oliver figure things out.

Finally, while I don't want to see Felicity "removed" from the narrative - I would actually rather see some sort of division of the cast and story than see Felicity be cold to Oliver and Oliver do his kicked puppy look for several episodes.  I'd rather not see them together at all then see them when she's pissed and he's hurt.  It's more angst than I can stomach. 

Edited by nksarmi

But that was before she was paralyzed, had a evil daddy arc, or was hurt by him again.

I think Felicity gets to do what any healthy, normal woman would do after a life-changing injury and break-up.  She gets to take care of herself and figure her life out.  There is nothing weak about that.

Now if people want to say there are believable reasons why she would stay a part of the team - that's cool.  I don't happen to agree, but I don't think there are any logical reasons for Laurel to be part of the team in season three.  So we know logic need not apply.

But why would her figuring her life out and taking care of herself involve walking away from something that she loves? The believable reason for her to stay part of the team is that - it's what she wants to do, and wanted to do so badly when she was away that she snuck away to help them out. To me, taking care of yourself when your personal life gets rocky means doing things that make you happy. Being on Team Arrow makes her happy. Why on earth would she quit, even if Oliver's still around? 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

But why would her figuring her life out and taking care of herself involve walking away from something that she loves? The believable reason for her to stay part of the team is that - it's what she wants to do, and wanted to do so badly when she was away that she snuck away to help them out. To me, taking care of yourself when your personal life gets rocky means doing things that make you happy. Being on Team Arrow makes her happy. Why on earth would she quit, even if Oliver's still around? 

Ever been through a divorce?  Life changes.  You don't get to keep everything you love.  You have to make choices.  That's just the way it is.

But hopefully this won't be that level of permanent breakup.

• Love 1

I'm really, really hoping they don't do cold Felicity and kicked puppy Oliver again. They are definitely repeating some S3 beats, but I'm hoping they do it with some twists, such as cold Felicity/determined-to-get-her-back-by-earning-her-trust-and-forgiveness Oliver. And if he works with MM again, I'm hoping it ends with MM definitively on the side of evil (I really think they're setting it up for MM to be S5's big bad, coming full circle from S1...I LOVE that, for no reason other than that it will, presumably, result in Oliver FINALLY KILLING THE HELL OUT OF HIM).

• Love 3

We're going in circles now, but I would be a-okay with Oliver quitting the team, or at least arranging a schedule to minimize his presence in the Arrow bunker when Felicity is there. HE'S the one who fucked up, so he's the one who needs to do whatever is best for Felicity. And if what she needs from him is space, then he's gotta scram.

• Love 12

Ever been through a divorce?  Life changes.  You don't get to keep everything you love.  You have to make choices.  That's just the way it is.

But hopefully this won't be that level of permanent breakup.

I look at Team Arrow like it's Felicity's child. She put her life and soul into it for the past 4 years and made it her own mission. Team Arrow gives her happiness and gives her life purpose. In the end Team Arrow isn't really about each individual person. Team Arrow is about saving the city. 

Couples get divorced, yes, but they don't abandon their children.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5