Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I wonder if the kid secret will come out during the debate...

I wonder if DD's wife or some other rando HIVE member is going to step up and challenge him.

I thought exactly that. Maybe this will be the 'Wilson' he comes up against?

I'd love it if after DD's several attempts to neutralize Oliver, his wife was just like, "You can't do anything right, I'm taking care of this myself" and announced her candidacy. She's got to be up to something since she showed up in the new promo.

• Love 4

It seems like the fact that there's a debate means someone must be stepping in to run against him. I don't know how it would work otherwise. If it were just Oliver answering voters' questions, I can't imagine they'd call it a debate rather than a town hall or some such.

I really hope the secret kid thing doesn't come out publicly, although I said awhile ago that I thought it might. How totally humiliating for Felicity. Plus, if DD or his hand-picked mayoral candidate brought it up, wouldn't Oliver rush out of there to get them to safety? Probably call Barry and tell him to grab them, then run to CC himself? Leaving Felicity there not knowing what is going on and totally humiliated and heartbroken? Ugh.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

^ ugh indeed.

Yeah, to be clear, I do not want that. But I do not want ANY of this. I wanted Oliver not to lie. Now that he has, and proposed while lying, I want him to tell her the whole story as soon as she's well. I do not want him to use her recovery as an excuse, because if she is well enough to run Arrow operations and a multi-billion dollar company, she's damn sure well enough to hear about his stupid secret kid.

Public disclosure would solve two problems, though: it would result in a major scandal that would probably end the Oliver for Mayor storyline (which I've really enjoyed, but I think would be quite difficult to continue with him in office full-time for four years, aka the likely rest of the series), and it could provide an excuse to ship BM and Spawn to witness protection, never to be seen, heard, or spoken of again.

• Love 1

People are speculating that the woman Oliver is going to run against is Damien's wife...

I really hope she's the kind of woman who gets tired of Damien's antics and feels like she's going to have to do everything herself. 

Now there's a stable and healthy family :p

So how is this going to go down? I mean, she's connected to DD who will presumably be beaten this season, meaning she'll fall too. Then Oliver's still the mayor in the end? It's a hard job to keep up being GA at the same time, but dude needs a day job. And managing to be in the same place in both his personas could be a sign that he could manage to pull it off.

Maybe the city just decides to be run by a council and not a mayor. At the end of the day they're just, This isn't working for us. Clearly. Let's try something else.

So how is this going to go down? I mean, she's connected to DD who will presumably be beaten this season, meaning she'll fall too. Then Oliver's still the mayor in the end? It's a hard job to keep up being GA at the same time, but dude needs a day job. And managing to be in the same place in both his personas could be a sign that he could manage to pull it off.

Maybe the city just decides to be run by a council and not a mayor. At the end of the day they're just, This isn't working for us. Clearly. Let's try something else.

That's my best guess. Maybe she wins, but gets killed/defeated and as runner up, OQ gets the job? A special election? I'm sure they'll handle the politics as well as they've handled finances and corporate business practices. 

Maybe they can forego the Mayor position and just hire a City Manager. They'd probably be better off. 

• Love 2

Since we're kind of short on spoilers at the moment (source):

What's Filming? ‏@WhatsFilming  18m18 minutes ago

Saw Katie Cassidy, Paul Blackthorne and <spoiler alert> Emily Bett Rickard at the #Arrow set outside Vogue Theatre tonight.

Also this photo is getting tweeted, but I can't find the original source:

vd7vbHT.jpg

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

Is it just me or the glasses look different?

Also, I wonder if Manu's tweet to SA means he's coming back :)

About the mayoral campaign, I don't remember, was Moira elected and then Blood had to step up when she died, or did she die before the actual elections?

She died before the election. She intended to announce she was withdrawing from the running at the press conference at Verdant but then Oliver convinced her not to. Slade happened directly after that. And I guess Blood got elected by default. She was in the lead, however.

The photo is really pixelated so it's difficult to tell. I think they're the same glasses. They look really similar to the glasses she's been wearing forever and if they were to change them, I imagine there would be a noticeable difference.

I googled Ruve (since the debate poster in the Spoilers thread shows DD's wife's name is Ruve Adams), because that's a pretty interesting name, and I wondered if there was any comics connection. Turns out it's Neal McDonough's IRL wife's name. Which...how strange?

I spoke too soon apparently there's a bts picture going around with a wheelchair in it :/

I would be really surprised if she isn't in the thing until her big meeting with the PT board. At which point I'm guessing for max dramatic effect she'll either wheel herself in there and then stand up, or walk in to present whatever spine/leg-saving technology she and/or Curtis have come up with (please let it be her, please let it be her).

• Love 2

you know it's not going to be her

Shhhhhhhh

Hhhhhhh

Hhhhh

Hhh

Hh

H

Let me have it.

(I know)

I still don't think it's going to be as long as 418 but I've been wrong before.

I think we might find out she's working on something or trying and not succeeding to take baby steps or something, but when they've set up the potential for such a dramatic moment and WOW moment for the audience (like seeing her stand at this meeting), I really can't see these writers not taking it. Maybe this big meeting is before 4x18? It could be at the beginning of the sixth month-ish, and the death could be at the end. But yeah, I'm going with her not having full use of her legs until this meeting happens.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

Lol yeah it's not going to be her... But if something bad had to happen to her I'm glad it's this and not having a miscarriage or not being able to have a baby or whatever. Plus I don't mind seeing oliver supporting her and maybe carrying her once in a while lol.

This is me trying to be okay with this scenario

• Love 2
(edited)

I think we might find out she's working on something or trying and not succeeding to take baby steps or something, but when they've set up the potential for such a dramatic moment and WOW moment for the audience (like seeing her stand at this meeting), I really can't see these writers not taking it. Maybe this big meeting is before 4x18? It could be at the beginning of the sixth month-ish, and the death could be at the end. But yeah, I'm going with her not having full use of her legs until this meeting happens.

I'm holding onto sweeps, so 415, give people something to hold onto for the 2 week break.  However, if it's not by 415 then yeah it'll be in 418.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I don't like wheelchair scenarios. Because it means just so much more than not being able to walk. But I don't see that as something these people know how to do tastefully. And the character was often considered by people to be a weak link (a person who cannot fight and is not a hero) Now she really cannot even get up anymore and needs help. Because it takes a while to get used to living life in a wheel chair. It takes physical therapy to gain muscle to use your arms more, moving yourself etc.. She wouldn't be able to do it all immediately herself. Furthermore there is the emotional aspect which often leads people to become depressed at first and close themselves off from friends and family.

So to just put her in the wheelchair because of the comics and then to get her out of it because Curtis needs to become more relevant is just not really what I am looking forward to. Then again it is Tv and I shouldn't look at it too seriously. I just hate that they make her so immensely vulnerable on all levels.

• Love 11

I'm holding onto sweeps, so 415, give people something to hold onto for the 2 week break. However, if it's not by 415 then yeah it'll be in 418.

Could be sweeps. We don't even know for sure when this meeting is happening. I am really interested to find out what kind of visual effect they did for her in 4x11, though.

I hate it. HATE IT.

Apparently post-season 1 the only way to be violently killed or seriously maimed on this show is to be a character with lady-parts that Oliver cares about. So disappointing.

Lol, maybe this is why LL escaped unscathed after constantly having the sh*t kicked out of her last year.

ETA: I also dislike tying Felicity in any way to some comic book character she has nothing to do with because Felicity Smoak is awesome on her own. She doesn't need to be saddled with some other character's comic book destiny to make her a hero, or validate her presence on Team Arrow. Ugh.

Edited by GirlvsTV
  • Love 7
(edited)
I don't like wheelchair scenarios. Because it means just so much more than not being able to walk. But I don't see that as something these people know how to do tastefully. And the character was often considered by people to be a weak link (a person who cannot fight and is not a hero) Now she really cannot even get up anymore and needs help. Because it takes a while to get used to living life in a wheel chair. It takes physical therapy to gain muscle to use your arms more, moving yourself etc.. She wouldn't be able to do it all immediately herself. Furthermore there is the emotional aspect which often leads people to become depressed at first and close themselves off from friends and family.

So to just put her in the wheelchair because of the comics and then to get her out of it because Curtis needs to become more relevant is just not really what I am looking forward to. Then again it is Tv and I shouldn't look at it too seriously. I just hate that they make her so immensely vulnerable on all levels.

It's TV, they were never going to do that anyway. TV handicap is a wheelchair and nothing else.  No bars over the bed to help them get up, no catheters, no physical therapy.  

TV tends to ignore the physical and just say, she's in a wheel chair...and then amp up the emotional breakdowns in hopes of getting awards.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

Maybe it is temporary, usually it doesn't work that way but I would be surprised if they kept her in the chair for the whole rest of the season. (I'd hate it too) I also hope that they at least do the story some justice. Otherwise one can read 15 interviews with MG explaining their intentions while people trash him on social media.

Is the Calculator still around in 4x14?

• Love 1

I'm so fucking sick and Goddamn tired of Felicity getting beat down emotionally. She's actually gonna be in a wheelchair when she finds out about BM. These fucking writers SMH and unfair irrational hate will come down on her for being more than justifiably upset when she finds out he can't even seem to trust her enough with knowing about his child cause some woman emotionally blackmailed him.

(edited)

Maybe it is temporary, usually it doesn't work that way but I would be surprised if they kept her in the chair for the whole rest of the season. (I'd hate it too) I also hope that they at least do the story some justice. Otherwise one can read 15 interviews with MG explaining their intentions while people trash him on social media.

Is the Calculator still around in 4x14?

No, no Calculator in 414

And I really doubt it'll be permanent or last until the end of the season

Edited by Morrigan2575