Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I must be watching a different show because I guess I just don't see this absence of the Thea/Laurel relationship. They've had scenes this season - Laurel was the one who told Thea that Sara was dead. Thea went to see Laurel and told her that she killed Sara. Laurel came to the loft to check on her. How is that an absence of a relationship?! 

And I also didn't pick up on that 'Who are you?' look in the clip between Thea and Felicity. It just looked like she was taking in what Felicity said. 

• Love 5

And I also didn't pick up on that 'Who are you?' look in the clip between Thea and Felicity. It just looked like she was taking in what Felicity said. 

Yeah, I didn't get that either. Even though they haven't spoken to each other, Thea is the least curious and perceptive person ever if she doesn't realize that Felicity at the very least knows her brother very well. She knows she works with the Arrow, she knows Felicity used to be Oliver's EA, she's seen Felicity in the lair and at Palmer Tech. Felicity's been in her home, haha. I'll be really surprised if she doesn't know who Felicity is. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Yeah, I didn't get that either. Even though they haven't spoken to each other, Thea is the least curious and perceptive person ever if she doesn't realize that Felicity at the very least knows her brother very well. She knows she works with the Arrow, she knows Felicity used to be Oliver's EA, she's seen Felicity in the lair and at Palmer Tech. Felicity's been in her home, haha. I'll be really surprised if she doesn't know who Felicity is. 

Exactly. I thought we're supposed to assume that they've been properly introduced, we just didn't see it. There was a few scenes in s2 where Felicity was around Moira and Thea as Oliver's EA. Of course they've met. They don't have to show us every single thing on screen. 

Whether Thea knows just how much Oliver loves Felicity is a different story.

• Love 3

I'm sure Thea develops a relationship with Diggle and Felicity because they can answer questions about what happened that Malcolm can't and they had to have told her about Roy.  I'm a little surprised she didn't catch a one-way ticket to wherever Roy is once they told her, but maybe he was hoping around and Felicity hasn't had a chance to ping him yet.

I'm sure Thea develops a relationship with Diggle and Felicity because they can answer questions about what happened that Malcolm can't and they had to have told her about Roy.  I'm a little surprised she didn't catch a one-way ticket to wherever Roy is once they told her, but maybe he was hoping around and Felicity hasn't had a chance to ping him yet.

I don't think Thea really knows where Roy is, I mean he could literally be anywhere. She doesn't go to Roy, but Roy comes to her in episode 22. I hope it's because he hears about Oliver when Felicity calls Roy using that untraceable phone she put in his bag. So I understand why Thea didn't go to him.

In the end, Thea needs to lean on people. Laurel isn't one of them because Laurel is busy dealing with her loss by going into the field (according to Guggenheim) whilst Felicity and Diggle are actually dealing with their loss emotionally. That's what Thea needs right now... To be near emotionally healthy people. 

• Love 3

Do we know for sure that Roy comes to Starling City? I would think that if any one of these people was smart at all, they'd go to Roy. I wouldn't be surprised if Thea still thinks that Roy is dead, and they tell her next ep that he isn't for whatever reason (probably to break her out of some LP-induced funk). 

Do we know for sure that Roy comes to Starling City? I would think that if any one of these people was smart at all, they'd go to Roy. I wouldn't be surprised if Thea still thinks that Roy is dead, and they tell her next ep that he isn't for whatever reason (probably to break her out of some LP-induced funk). 

I feel like I read somewhere that Roy comes back to Starling? I may be wrong though. 

(edited)

Episode description says Thea goes to see Roy. Since we know from BTS pics that Thea is not with them in the mountains with Tatsu (presumably NP). I think it's a good bet that after 321 Thea goes to visit Roy while the gang go to NP to rescue Oliver.

As to why Thea isn't with them? My guess is Thea leaves to visit Roy before MM makes the offer.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7

I feel like I read somewhere that Roy comes back to Starling? I may be wrong though. 

Words can't express how much I hope this doesn't happen, haha. I really, really want Felicity or Diggle to take Thea to see him, wherever he is. What is the actual point of giving him an untraceable phone if you're just going to summon him back to the city a few weeks later? Lord, beer me strength. 

As to why Thea isn't with them? My guess is Thea leaves to visit Roy before MM makes the offer.

and because she's on her honeymoon after a quickie wedding please please please

• Love 3

LOL yes three weeks later, oh yea by the way, Roy's not dead.  Want to go see him?

• Love 1

LOL yes three weeks later, oh yea by the way, Roy's not dead.  Want to go see him?

Wait, you mean I should have told you asap because you like Roy and care that he's not actually dead?  My bad!

I wonder how TA hooks up with Tatsu.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

Somebody better put this up on Youtube. It looks so stupid. I guess they didn't learn from Smallville that, this power does not translate well to live action. 

AR321A_0247b_595_Mini%20Logo%20TV%20whit

IN PLACE OF A DARK LORD, YOU WOULD HAVE A QUEEN! NOT DARK, BUT BEAUTIFUL AND TERRIBLE AS THE DAWN! TREACHEROUS AS THE SEA! STRONGER THAN THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH! ALL SHALL LOVE ME, AND DESPAIR!!!!!!

Sorry, that's what popped into my head when I saw Laurel's Canary Cry face.

• Love 10

So is going to visit Roy going to be some type of baby-sitting adventure? We all need to go to NP, but we can't leave Thea behind, she's been changed in her soul & is really depressed. Good thing we can ping Roy and drop her off for a little conjugal visit. Heck maybe they'll even get married!! That is is we don't force the openly gay character to marry the newly minted villain because the ripped off Comics tells us so.

Geesh, Im really feeling a little deflated by these story lines. Can it just be over soon...

So is going to visit Roy going to be some type of baby-sitting adventure? We all need to go to NP, but we can't leave Thea behind, she's been changed in her soul & is really depressed. Good thing we can ping Roy and drop her off for a little conjugal visit. Heck maybe they'll even get married!! That is is we don't force the openly gay character to marry the newly minted villain because the ripped off Comics tells us so.

Geesh, Im really feeling a little deflated by these story lines. Can it just be over soon...

That's because these storylines are approaching objective terribleness, not just subjective terribleness. 

Wonder if the new co-executive EP will help S4 be at least tolerable, and maybe, just maybe, enjoyable?

Felicity has been in scenes having a drink at Verdant a number of times, including with Cisco and Caitlin when Cisco wanted to hit on Thea.  I'm sure Thea knows who Felicity is and even if she didn't before, they just had a long flight back from Nanda Parbat together.  Thea seems pretty close to Diggle and Lyla at that dinner and Diggle was just her brother's driver for two years.  I would hope that she would have picked up on the emotional closeness between Oliver, Diggle and Felicity even if she doesn't know all that went on between Oliver and Felicity yet.

I certainly hope so, because otherwise they have been doing nothing but giving up on him all season long. 

I think they've been arguing with Oliver trying to save him all season long but he's been too pig-headed to listen.  In The Calm, Diggle tried to argue Oliver out of benching him and Felicity tried to keep him from breaking up with her but he still did both.  Then he went to face Ra's on the mountain, even though everyone tried to argue him out of that; he joined up with Malcolm even though Felicity walked away from him because of that, all the way down to The Fallen when he even told Felicity he didn't want to do the dance any more of her trying to stop him. Then she tried again, drugging him. And he insisted that he had to stay with Ra's.

So it feels like the whole season has been about Oliver giving up on himself (i.e. his humanity) while the Team and even Barry try to argue him out of it.  At some point it's not about whether the Team believes in him but that Oliver has to make his own choices. They can't force him to return if he doesn't want to.

That said, they probably don't know about the brainwashing till he shows up again in Starling City. Once they realize that, there will probably be lots of planning going on.

My newest theory is that there will be an in-show time jump in the last 5 minutes of the show that will skip over the 3 months that are covered in the hiatus/3.5 comics.  There will be some mini-cliffhanger in the last 10 minutes of the show that will somehow tie up the LoA story, likely with Nyssa in charge. But we will not see OQ return to SC or officially surrender his title of Al-Shahim. I feel like they want to keep their options open for the comics. Will probably get a cut to the new s4 villain, then quick cut to scene that says "4 months later" in subtitles. In that scene we will see OQ & FS driving off in the sunset, referencing ready to go home now that LoA thing over. She'll probably say a lot of things have changed since you've been gone (implying new villain, spin-off). End season.

Not sure about the time jump but it seems like they'll want to keep their options open. But given what the LoA storyline has been so far, there's no way I'm going to buy Al Sah-Him 3.5 comics.

• Love 17

That said, they probably don't know about the brainwashing till he shows up again in Starling City. Once they realize that, there will probably be lots of planning going on.

Why does the fact that he's now brainwashed make a difference in wanting to get him out?  Because he wasn't really voluntarily joining before, he only did it because of Thea.  

Maybe Felicity will pull a Black Widow/Hawkeye "cognitive recalibration" and hit him really hard in the face. 

Not sure about the time jump but it seems like they'll want to keep their options open. But given what the LoA storyline has been so far, there's no way I'm going to buy Al Sah-Him 3.5 comics.

I am sure of very few things, but I am sure that Oliver will not physically harm Lyla, Felicity, or baby Sara, or kill any of TA.  And that Oliver will not be in the LOA at the end of the finale.  There might be some LOA mop-up in the comics, but the finale title has to mean he's out by the end or it means nothing.

Edited by AyChihuahua

Why does the fact that he's now brainwashed make a difference in wanting to get him out?  Because he wasn't really voluntarily joining before, he only did it because of Thea.  

Probably because they're realizing that Ra's sold Oliver a false bill of goods. Ra's told Oliver that he could turn the League into whatever he wanted it to be, and that if he didn't want them to kill, they wouldn't. Obviously, it was naive of Oliver to believe that, but even though he didn't go voluntarily, he did resign himself to staying. It's probably easier to believe that he's there pursuing some other path to justice but being in his right mind than knowing he's being morally compromised by a psycho with an ulterior motive. 

• Love 2

Probably because they're realizing that Ra's sold Oliver a false bill of goods. Ra's told Oliver that he could turn the League into whatever he wanted it to be, and that if he didn't want them to kill, they wouldn't. Obviously, it was naive of Oliver to believe that, but even though he didn't go voluntarily, he did resign himself to staying. It's probably easier to believe that he's there pursuing some other path to justice but being in his right mind than knowing he's being morally compromised by a psycho with an ulterior motive. 

I see.  I thought that was painfully, painfully stupid of Oliver, but on par for his IQ this whole season, so it didn't occur to me that the rest of TA could possibly have bought into it.

ETA: Everyone does have to already know Ra's is a psycho, though.  Among other things, he stabbed Thea with a big sword just to make Oliver join.

Edited by AyChihuahua

I see.  I thought that was painfully, painfully stupid of Oliver, but on par for his IQ this whole season, so it didn't occur to me that the rest of TA could possible have bought into it.

ETA: Everyone does have to already know Ra's is a psycho, though.  Among other things, he stabbed Thea with a big sword just to make Oliver join.

I don't know that they bought into it necessarily, but for lack of another plan it's probably easier to believe that he's at least in his right mind. And yeah, I'm sure they know Ra's a psycho, but he wanted Oliver and he got what he wanted, so there's no reason to believe that he's gone so far as to brainwash (or whatever he does to) him. The team might be willing to be a little more risky knowing that time is of the essence since his mind is being messed with.

Edited by apinknightmare
What does this ultimately mean for Nyssa, who is not technically a member of Team Arrow and has left the League of Assassins behind? An ominous tease from Guggenheim about the final episodes including a wedding could spell the answer to her fate: “It’s both a wedding and a marriage,” he says. “The ceremony actually finishes. It does reach a conclusion.”

This is just Natalie Abrams's (probably inaccurate) interpretation, right? It sounds like the same things MG's been saying forever, but connecting it to Nyssa this way gave me pause.

Edited by Carrie Ann

This is just Natalie Abrams's (probably inaccurate) interpretation, right? It sounds like the same things MG's been saying forever, but connecting it to Nyssa this way gave me pause.

It seems like it's her spin on his quote - I'm sure she reads fandom theories. Although I'm worried that in this case she's not inaccurate. 

I don't know that they bought into it necessarily, but for lack of another plan it's probably easier to believe that he's at least in his right mind. And yeah, I'm sure they know Ra's a psycho, but he wanted Oliver and he got what he wanted, so there's no reason to believe that he's gone so far as to brainwash (or whatever he does to) him. The team might be willing to be a little more risky knowing that time is of the essence since his mind is being messed with.

I guess I can somewhat buy that.  

I'm more concerned with Diggle/Oliver/Felicity then I am about the wedding. Mostly because I don't think about the wedding at all. At All.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is nothing new in this article right? Just a new "journalist's" spin?

I mean in the upcoming episode.  And yes, it's a difficult situation, which is why I said early brainstorming-style planning.  Vs. throwing him an informal wake and giving up.

I think that in order for the team  to be able to function let alone focus on coming up with a plan after such a huge blow,  they need to be able to find a balance with their grief and their ongoing duties to the city.  Part of that is holding onto the positive memories they have of Oliver.  I don't believe they've given up but they do have to regroup and part of that is coming to terms that right now they have lost Oliver.   If they are to pull out their A game they need to fully be there mentally and physically.  They need to deal with what they are feeling.

He's not dead and they don't have reason to think that he is in immediate physical danger.  They have no clue about the brainwashing and not a lot of reason to think members face it.  They think time is in their favor.  Let Oliver learn the secret weaknesses of the LoA. Let Ra's forget about their threat.  They think Oliver can handle what Ra's is throwing at him right now.  So while I'm sure no one has forgotten Oliver, this is for them a marathon, not a sprint. 

Had they managed to break Oliver out of Nanda Parbat, they rightly knew that there was no where they could hide.  Yes Oliver woke up and promised he'd stick around but his reason for not just making a run for it and getting on that plane wasn't about upholding some kind of code or honoring his agreement with Ra's, it was always blackmail - that's not a choice.  The reason Oliver didn't leave is leaving isn't the solution. 

I think the almost Wake we see at the dinner is part of the Team hunkering down and readying for an operation that may take a very long time to pull off and right now, their open grief would be getting in the way.  They need a way to cope with their current loss and process it in a reasonable manner and I think that is what we saw at the dinner.    It isn't about giving up because these people have proved they won't, but it's no longer about Hail Mary's or quick plans (well, they think).  Brainstorming I'm sure is happening but until they have something they can use, they are best served using the time they have getting to the best possible place they can mentally.

That process is IMO as important as brainstorming in this case. 

I'm going to allow myself to be entertained by the Canary Cry. Looks like she's having the poo of her life!

Made my cat run away by how hard and loud I laughed over this. 

• Love 8

With that said, allegiances will be tested. “Laurel, Diggle [David Ramsey] and Felicity [Emily Bett Rickards] probably go through the biggest roller coasters of any of the characters, because everything that they thought gets turned upside down in these final episodes,” Guggenheim says. “They really have a lot to deal with and some big decisions to make in terms of where their loyalties lie and how far they’re willing to go in order to save Starling City.”

Makes me wonder if we get a split with perhaps Diggle choosing the greater good of Starling and Felicity choosing Oliver no matter what. 

• Love 3

I'm going to prepare myself for Nyssa/Oliver because that's the way it seems to be going - as gross as I find that idea. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but this is exactly the type of epic, gamechanger MG likes to write. If there's any backlash, he'll pull out the 'I'm didn't know people wouldn't like it' response, cash his fat writer's check, and go about his day. 

I don't think N/O will sleep together because as low of an opinion I have of MG, I don't think he's that stupid. I just think it means there's no last minute 'I object!' at the ceremony and the marriage happens.

/Sigh. I can't believe I spent last summer beyond excited for it to return.

• Love 8

He's not dead and they don't have reason to think that he is in immediate physical danger.  They have no clue about the brainwashing and not a lot of reason to think members face it.  They think time is in their favor.  Let Oliver learn the secret weaknesses of the LoA. Let Ra's forget about their threat.  They think Oliver can handle what Ra's is throwing at him right now.  So while I'm sure no one has forgotten Oliver, this is for them a marathon, not a sprint.

Your whole post is great and totally works for me.  What does not/would not work for me is if there's nothing presented in the show or at least implied that they are thinking about how to get him out.  If they behave as if they've written him off, I will not be okay with that.

• Love 1

.  What does not/would not work for me is if there's nothing presented in the show or at least implied that they are thinking about how to get him out.  If they behave as if they've written him off, I will not be okay with that.

That would not work for me either but in my case they would have to overtly and blatantly spell out they are moving on and forgetting him for me to believe they've written him off.   Nothing short of Felicity moving to Gotham to restart her life or Diggle refusing to listen to rescue talk would make me think they are just moving on.

So my question is if OQ is still Al Sha Him how does Barry reach him? Do they have cell reception or land lines in NP? It would seem rather difficult for him to just call OQ for his help. Or does he just run to NP? Are they gonna give him his own Bat-Signal now for Barry to push when he needs help?

I don't know this Flash crossover makes me think that OQ will be back to normal by the end of 321 or at least very early into 322. Perhaps he just uses the new uniform for reasons. And if this LoA/EvilOliver plot line wraps up by 322 - what is 323 going to be about & why is Ras/Nyssa/OQ on a plane with green screen? None of this makes any logical sense. And then the wedding is just more illogical plotting.

• Love 2

what is 323 going to be about & why is Ras/Nyssa/OQ on a plane with green screen?

I have it in my head that for reasons that make no effing sense, Ra's wants to release the Alpha Omega virus over Starling City and that Oliver and Nyssa will be fighting him for it...and eventually Ra's falls out of the plane. 

• Love 2

I guess I assumed that the Alpha/Omega virus was going to come into play next season because it doesn't seem something like a medieval LoA would use. They still light with torches.

Maybe Oliver regains his sanity in 322 but he stays in LoA gear, pretending to still be Ra's Heir, to set in motion the plan against Ra's which culminates on a plane in 323.  Even if he had a back-up Arrow suit, he couldn't wear it since The Arrow is officially dead.

Would Barry have had to go to Nanda Parbat to get him, or only to Starling City?

I wonder why Ray isn't there fighting the Reverse Flash too.  Brandon Routh's availability?

It speaks to whether he can make a rational decision.  If he's in full possession of his faculties, then they can try to get him out, they can come up with plans to spring him, but they can't force him to be out.  Oliver has to make that decision himself (as opposed to earlier this season when it seemed like everyone was making Thea's decisions for her).  Even though he didn't want to join, he agreed to trade his freedom for Thea's life.

If he's been brainwashed, then he's not thinking rationally and therefore not able to make his own decisions.  Then they have to get him out.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Somebody better put this up on Youtube. It looks so stupid. I guess they didn't learn from Smallville that, this power does not translate well to live action. 

She gets credit for really going for it, at least.  But should screaming like that be necessary, given Cisco amplified the collar thingy?  The show could just have her whisper something quippy with sound effects in the background and then have the bad guys rolling around in pain or flying into a wall or something.  That might help with the translating to screen, and make the device seem more powerful.   

I think the almost Wake we see at the dinner is part of the Team hunkering down and readying for an operation that may take a very long time to pull off and right now, their open grief would be getting in the way.  They need a way to cope with their current loss and process it in a reasonable manner and I think that is what we saw at the dinner.    It isn't about giving up because these people have proved they won't, but it's no longer about Hail Mary's or quick plans (well, they think).  Brainstorming I'm sure is happening but until they have something they can use, they are best served using the time they have getting to the best possible place they can mentally. 

I agree - at this point, the team is about readiness to act.  And then when it becomes clear something unexpected has happened, or the length to which Oliver is "gone", the team swings into gear and borrows the jet again. 

• Love 1

Ray might as well just hand over the jet. 

I love that the set created for Ray is going to be taken over by Team Arrow.  Way to save a few dollars production department!  Of course they kind of need to install a private entrance or at least fireman poles for quick exit.

• Love 3

IN PLACE OF A DARK LORD, YOU WOULD HAVE A QUEEN! NOT DARK, BUT BEAUTIFUL AND TERRIBLE AS THE DAWN! TREACHEROUS AS THE SEA! STRONGER THAN THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH! ALL SHALL LOVE ME, AND DESPAIR!!!!!!

Well I suppose that's appropriate, since despair is pretty much what I'm feeling about this show right now.

But should screaming like that be necessary, given Cisco amplified the collar thingy?  The show could just have her whisper something quippy with sound effects in the background and then have the bad guys rolling around in pain or flying into a wall or something.  That might help with the translating to screen, and make the device seem more powerful. 

Ah, but it has to be as much like the comic version as possible, don't you know? She's the real Black Canary, so she has to have a real Sonic Scream. Logic be damned. RME.

• Love 1

Anyone else think they set a trap for Oliver in that comic preview? No way does Nyssa go down so easily. 

Not to say they wouldn't write it in for plot, but its so stupid.

Anyone else think they set a trap for Oliver in that comic preview? No way does Nyssa go down so easily. 

Not to say they wouldn't write it in for plot, but its so stupid.

Not sure if they set a trap or if they follow her there but I'm pretty sure the scene of Diggle/Laurel confronting Oliver follows right after this. So it's either a trap or a rescue mission,.

I object to the new comic page posted in the spoiler only thread.  I want Nyssa to kick Oliver's ass to NP and back again.  He deserves after protecting Malcolm all season, long after any logic could dictate doing so.

• Love 6

All i want to know is what agenda Nyssa has. We were told there will be some secrets revealed right?

We were told we'd find out why Nyssa was in Starling. Hopefully she has a plan to oust Oliver and end this idiocy once and for all. I will LMAO into eternity if part of her plan is to befriend Laurel and turn her against Oliver.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

KAtrina was doing interviews yesterday and the reporters hinted at secrets.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure she has secrets. I'm just hoping they're related to an agenda/plan she's carrying out (or maybe about Sara and putting her in the Pit), and not some weird-ass relationship/family drama.

• Love 2

Maybe this has been brought up before, but do you think there will be someone inspiring Oliver to add the "Green" to his name, or will he come up with it himself? After last night's Flash and Green Arrow being mentioned in the article, I have a feeling it will be Barry's suggestion, much like Oliver's speech in the pilot  inspired him to call himself The Flash. I don't know if it's going to come up this season or the next, though. Maybe in the next crossover? OTOH, I also wouldn't be opposed at the name coming from Diggle.

The funny thing is Malcolm already brought it off. "Yeah, I picked the name after my sisters psycho bio dad suggested it.  He killed 503 people, mindraped my sister to kill my ex lover, and totes sent me to my death on more than one occassion.  But I thought it would be a great way to honor him.  And i DO wear green."

All joking aside, maybe he becomes green arrow after being this darker, Ras version of himself.  Green Arrow to distinguish himself from the version of Arrow that "died" with Roy?

• Love 3

So, after reading the interview with KL over at EW, I think we can safely rule out Thea and Roy as the people getting married. 

I think it's going to be Nyssa and Oliver, given her talk of Oliver not being aware of what he's in for and the wedding being a shock to everyone. Bleh, although I honestly can't imagine why that would be given that Ra's seems to want her dead.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1