Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I thought SA said that at a convention. May not have been 5 but i thought it was several versions/lines

Thank you. Must have missed that. Last thing I 've heard about that scene was that they shot it last season during 418 - though the actors would change their version according to the day - but I haven't been following closely what they are saying at cons lately.

I'm glad there are so many of the regulars in the 100th episode.  That's doing right to the long-term cast.  I remember the arrogance of David Shore who oput his new toys in the 100th episode and left out the fan favourites of Chase and Cameron entirely.

3 hours ago, Soulfire said:

I'm thinking Lance and possibly Diggle may be the characters making poor life decisions. 

I hope it's them but Lance not appearing till the 100th episode has me worried.  The regular remaining cast are Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Thea and Curtis. Everyone else is a newbie.  Maybe one of the characters who isn't making good decisions is Curtis who tries to fight when he's mugged but fails.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I'm glad there are so many of the regulars in the 100th episode.  That's doing right to the long-term cast.  I remember the arrogance of David Shore who oput his new toys in the 100th episode and left out the fan favourites of Chase and Cameron entirely.

I hope it's them but Lance not appearing till the 100th episode has me worried.  The regular remaining cast are Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Thea and Curtis. Everyone else is a newbie.  Maybe one of the characters who isn't making good decisions is Curtis who tries to fight when he's mugged but fails.

What do you mean Lance not appearing until the 100th? PBs been filming for awhile now.

SA seems excited that they're filming the 100th. 

I'm guessing the mystery guest is Robert Queen. The sign above the door in the first pic starts with P. Police department? Since PB also posted a pic of the two of them, it could be.

• Love 1

ComicBook Guy from earlier wrote a review that was interesting. Nothing that should get any blood boiling, I actually thought it was a good read.

He said that Diggle and Felicity get less usual screen time than usual because the episode is very Oliver and Action centered. He said he could say very little about them them because of spoilers. Makes me think Flashpoint.

Im getting the impression from the reviews that "Back to Basics" means back to the bare bones. They are starting S5 with a clean slate. 

He said that Diggle and Felicity get less usual screen time than usual because the episode is very Oliver and Action centered.

Given how much vacation EBR seemed to have while filming those early episodes I'm not surprised. 

EBR was in Hawaii from around August 13-16 (dates she posted photos on her Instagram) and filming for 5x04 took place August 9-18th. I'm pretty sure she won't be in that episode much, and all of her scenes will take place on one set?? I think I remember her posting a lot of photos offset during 5x01-5x02 too? Or at leasts photos of her offset where somewhere on social media... 

• Love 1

I recall her running back to Hawaii a couple times. 

3 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

EBR was in Hawaii from around August 13-16 (dates she posted photos on her Instagram) and filming for 5x04 took place August 9-18th. I'm pretty sure she won't be in that episode much, and all of her scenes will take place on one set?? I think I remember her posting a lot of photos offset during 5x01-5x02 too? Or at leasts photos of her offset where somewhere on social media... 

This.

If I recall right I think her BFF was in Hawaii the whole month and EBR seemed to be joining her when she could.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I dont think they are dumping long term Olicity, just that they are specfcally courting a different crowd in the short term.  Personally I dont think Arrow works long term with out Felicity and Olicity.  Too woven into the redemption story and structurally the show needs her intel.

Just trying to keep my expectations low to start off.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 10

Isn't 5x04 a big Diggle episode? 

They filmed 5x01 and 5x02 at the same time. They probably shot all the Lair scenes at once (where it looks like Felicity will be hidding out), so she may have had several days off in that schedule. I don't think its a good judge of screen time. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Yeah she was in Hawaii for like a week during 504 filming. 504 also happens to be a big Diggle episode.

As for 501-503, nope she probably got her standard 3-4 days of filming. She also filmed Flash 302 alongside Arrow 503 which means she was pretty busy filming even if it wasn't all on Arrow.

Actually this brings up a good question.  On average how many days of filming do people think EBR does per episode?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

As for 501-503, nope she probably got her standard 3-4 days of filming. She also filmed Flash 302 alongside Arrow 503 which means she was pretty busy filming even if it wasn't all on Arrow.

Then I guess the vacation shots posted during the early episodes were just reliving more pleasant days.

How many day does she film? I have no idea. How many days do I want her to film? All the days. Lol

22 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I dont think they are dumping long term Olicity, just that they are specfcally courting a different crowd in the short term.  Personally I dont think Arrow works long term with out Felicity and Olicity.  Too woven into the redemption story and structurally the show needs her intel.

But most of this is network. The network has this idea of how SuperHero shows are marketed. It's very much about the mask and about action. That has always been the target audience. This season is probably candy to them because they are getting so much to work with. Previous seasons were different because of where Oliver was at with Felicity but even then it was still primarily about the action. Most of the Olicity came from media coverage (including WB). 

I know it feels different, but this is the same crowd/demo they have always focused on. 

The more I hear and think about it, the more I believe Diggle and Felicity are heavily affected by Flashpoint. Everything concrete from the EPs has been about things that happened last season. Kind of limits promo potential. 

Expectations probably should be low but I don't think you should hit water just yet. 

• Love 6

"Where Season 4 seemed to be about losing all you hold dear, Season 5, I think, might be about the journey to get everything back." -@GreenArrowTV on twitter

Not really a spoiler but I thought this was an interesting perspective.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Mine are so low, but every spoiler drop just inspires me to keep digging.

3 hours ago, Chaser said:

Expectations probably should be low but I don't think you should hit water just yet. 

I've skipped water... I'm aiming for oil now. :)

• Love 2

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind if Felicity and Diggle have a little less screen time if said screen time is given to Oliver and no one else. 

Also now it's 2 reporters who are saying Thea was the bright spot of the episode... Is it because she's in a better place than everyone else? I wonder... 

• Love 5

I agree. If we see all aspects of Oliver's life than I'm good. Major Oliver, Brother Oliver, Green Arrow Oliver, Bravta Oliver, Relucant Mentor Oliver, Partner Oliver. 

I don't want deceased screen time to be a thing because I want my Olicity and DELICITY, Felicity and Diggle stories, OTA, etc but as a set up for the season I'm good. 

I'm hoping Thea is giving Moira vibes. 

If they add another LI in 5B for Oliver, I reserved the right to rant rant rant tho. I don't want to see any of that Oliver. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 9

I'd rather see focus on the characters and their relationships than on action scenes that often lead nowhere so this spoiler doesn't impress me. What I was curious about were the changes flashpoint made but maybe they won't be a focus in the first episode or no one wanted to spoil anything.

MM isn't in the premiere right? Maybe that's why Thea got so many praises..her storylines are always better IMO when he is far, far away from her.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Sunshine said:

"Where Season 4 seemed to be about losing all you hold dear, Season 5, I think, might be about the journey to get everything back." -@GreenArrowTV on twitter

Not really a spoiler but I thought this was an interesting perspective.

Given that Felicity has a boyfriend and there's speculation that he's FP related, my Sunday morning crack theory is that maybe only Oliver is aware of his and Felicity's romantic history during the premiere.  I like the thought that S5 might be "the journey to get everything [that you hold dear] back." Maybe Felicity's comment in the promo is more about going back to how the team was 5 months ago instead of about their relationship.

I know it's a L-O-N-G shot, but it would be awesome if Oliver fixes things with Felicity as FP is corrected by telling her the truth, not just about William, but how they were in love and he screwed it up by lying to her. This could be the big Olicity moment in 505, but wouldn't necessarily push them right back together because it's one thing to be told there was another reality in which you were engaged to Oliver Queen and actually feeling it to be true.  I know there have been a lot of hints at cons over the summer that negates my theory, but it would make sense of Felcity making the kind of innuendos from S1-S2 despite having nearly married to Oliver and having him break her heart.

Also, as much as I like the theme proposed by GreenArrowTV, I fear it could mean the return of William as one of people Oliver held dear and lost. But, given that Oliver f-upped that entire situation, his hero's journey won't be complete without making it all right with everybody he hurt with his lies.

I took her comment to be about both the Team and them (to a lesser extent).  

I don't think FP is going to dramatically change their relationship, but it wouldn't surprise me if it gets adjusted a bit. But I think if anyone has the knowledge it's Felicity since she is going to The Flash. 

I still think Barry could be the BF. It wouldn't surprise me if Olivers answer to Diggles inquiry is "ask her boyfriend" or "talk to Barry." I know The Flash descriptions point it in doubt but if Barry isn't as close to FP poeple, they may not clue Barry in about his out of Town GF. 

With each new piece of information I find myself less interested in this season.  At least Diggle thinks to ask about Felicity - but apparently only as she relates to poor Oliver. 

While I am happy that Felicity's guilt about Haven Rock will finally get some time there had better be some really good reason Oliver and Thea could not be bothered to notice that it has been weighing on Felicity for the past six months.  I know they are super busy running the city (and frankly I am not convinced Thea has it in her to care about anyone or anything that is not directly about her) but they know what Felicity had to do so there had better be some indication that at least one of them spared a whole two seconds to worry about how it might have been effecting her.  But I am guessing I am going to be very disappointed by this show.  Again. 

• Love 8

...maybe Felicity's new boyfriend is Tom Felton who plays a CSI guy for the Central City police dept.  Felicity goes and visits him and runs into Barry who's only care in the world is wooing Iris.  Felicity talks to Barry about everyone on Team Arrow which makes Barry realize how much his poor decision has affected everyone else's happiness well outside of himself.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

With each new piece of information I find myself less interested in this season.  At least Diggle thinks to ask about Felicity - but apparently only as she relates to poor Oliver. 

While I am happy that Felicity's guilt about Haven Rock will finally get some time there had better be some really good reason Oliver and Thea could not be bothered to notice that it has been weighing on Felicity for the past six months. I know they are super busy running the city (and frankly I am not convinced Thea has it in her to care about anyone or anything that is not directly about her) but they know what Felicity had to do so there had better be some indication that at least one of them spared a whole two seconds to worry about how it might have been effecting her.  But I am guessing I am going to be very disappointed by this show.  Again. 

Same reason why Dig and Laurel didn't notice anything off abou Thea, because the writers didn't want that to happen off screen? I could actually buy it with Felicity. Even if something was noted, I can see her clamping down hard if they wanted to intervene. Plus, I'm not counting on her and Thea spending any significant time together over the summer.

I thought they could do a time jump at the beginning of the episode..like show the immediate aftermath of what happened at the end of last season then make the jump. Because in one of the promos they talk about Barry's memories being slowly replaced the more time he spent in the new world and it didn't seem to me something that can happen overnight.

Then after Barry got comfortable something must happen to make him realize this isn't his life.

But I didn't look for spoilers so it's all speculation.

5 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Same reason why Dig and Laurel didn't notice anything off abou Thea, because the writers didn't want that to happen off screen? I could actually buy it with Felicity. Even if something was noted, I can see her clamping down hard if they wanted to intervene. Plus, I'm not counting on her and Thea spending any significant time together over the summer.

The writers I buy - I hate it and think it is lazy as hell on their part but I buy it.  Laurel was as all about me as Thea is so that parallel I can also buy.  But Dig did not know Thea that well.  Oliver however supposedly loved Felicity enough to want to marry her and has worked with her for years.  So her clamping down doesn't work for me.  He of all people should understand - and fear - what guilt can do to a person.  So his not stepping in - or trying to knowing who Felicity is and what she had to do for six months - is even worse than his lying about the spawn.  

I actually hope it is Dig who figures it out when he is back - and that he kicks Oliver's ass for not noticing.  But again - I know I am doomed to be disappointed since Dig and Felicity aren't allowed to be shown as friends because they are on make the audience love the newbies duty. 

• Love 10

Lol at that writer's digs. 'There's going to be divisive moments (read Felicity) but Thea is the best character ever."Haha, What's the correlation?

I mean, I love Thea, I'm more than happy if she gets to shine, I'm just one of those sillies who expects coherence into a written paragraph. 

• Love 1

A week and a half. I'm trying to hold on to the very small, smidge of optimism I have left. It's difficult when TIIC are basically telling me none of the things I love about Arrow will be present in the premiere. I have a feeling my taking off work early to try to catch the East Coast airing may have been a mistake. (At least, I won't be at work.)

Any time there's additional talk of how FP is going to effect Arrow, my anger at Barry is renewed. I really hope he finally faces some consequences for his assholishness. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I hated House: The New Class. Just Saying. 

I HATED the changes they made on HOUSE and kept waiting for them to change things back. When it became clear that was never happening I lost a lot of enthusiasm for the show.

I have no idea why showrunners equate evolving as a show with almost total destruction of everything that went before. Instead of a few changes that feel like a breath of fresh air, it usually means I lose most of what I loved about a show to begin with. So less Cameron and Chase and more Foreman along with a whole bunch of annoying newbies...no thank you.

Can you tell I'm still bitter about House?

• Love 6

The problem for me is that I get that they are trying new things but I feel like every season people complain about the same thing (the thin storyline for main characters while spending an unnecessary amount of time on stuff nobody actually wants to see) Before the season begins they then tweet out that we just have to wait and see because the storyline for the main characters is coming and it will be awesome but yet they never truly deliver. 

• Love 16