Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

He tried to help Roy as well.  Let's repeat all the character beats.

Oh god, is there anything remotely fresh or original in this show anymore? 

If spotting the rehash of storylines on Arrow was a drinking game, we would all be attending AA meetings by now. #smh 

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

He tried to help Roy as well.  Let's repeat all the character beats.

I'm sure Quentin is the kind of guy who'd help more than one kid in need. The beats are the same, but at least it shows consistency in Quentin's character. LOL

• Love 9
14 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Why would you put this in my head. LOL It's just adding more fuel to the ridiculous Rory/Felicity rumor haha

If you loved me you'd give me a COME OOONNNN for this. :p

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, looptab said:

If you loved me you'd give me a COME OOONNNN for this. :p

mmmmmmmno. I will not use my superpower to make something I don't want to happen, happen. lol 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Tazmania said:

Oh god, is there anything remotely fresh or original in this show anymore? 

If spotting the rehash of storylines on Arrow was a drinking game, we would all be attending AA meetings by now. #smh 

We would be right beside Quentin.

• Love 2

The original poster of that dialogue is the guy who spoiled 5.10, 5.11 and the scenes for 5.12. Somewhere in that thread it sounds like TPTB are attempting rehab on SW character.  My impression was that she backs off because he's really a good guy.  I don't know why they set her up like they did in 5.03 if they wanted us to like her. 

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

The original poster of that dialogue is the guy who spoiled 5.10, 5.11 and the scenes for 5.12. Somewhere in that thread it sounds like TPTB are attempting rehab on SW character.  My impression was that she backs off because he's really a good guy.  I don't know why they set her up like they did in 5.03 if they wanted us to like her. 

Yeah, no matter what they do, I'm not going to like her. Even if she backs off, that doesn't mean she doesn't have bad intentions going in. Guess we'll have to wait and see. But I'm not going to forget how they introduced her or her investigation. Maybe they're trying to make it seem like she could be decent because they think then it'll be a surprise when they reveal what she's really doing? I don't know. I don't get Arrow this year. 

Question: Does anyone know what episode they had been filming when DR said those comments at a con about her being shady? 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1

It was the beginning of December so i would guess around episode 12 or 13. 

I think the Brazilian con was 2-3rd December. 

I never believed the reporter was going to be good. Still dont. But i do wonder if they changed some things after the set visit while they were filming 5x09. Because SA claimed the reporter is nothing like Isabelle. 

Edited by Velocity23

I think she serves a few purposes. Russia/Mayor, stall Olicity and stop a conversation about Tinah and Oliver. I don't think showing a romantic relationship between Oliver and Reporter is important, the audience just needs to be aware there is one. It wouldn't surprise me if they decided to extend the relationship because they don't want Olicity together before episode X and they don't want the audience to get an idea and him and Tinah. Basically it's 3x20 again.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Somewhere in that thread it sounds like TPTB are attempting rehab on SW character

Was that the mention of SW being called his "girlfriend" (twice) or did I miss something?

I really hope there's more conversation between Oliver and Felicity immediately after the "stays in Russia" line (like him asking why she cares and her saying he has a gf or something) because as it stands now that line of dialogue still sounds so off coming from her. I'm surprised her opinion of him is suddenly so low. Curious about the context.

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Does he know that she knows?

Nope. Remember what we were told yesterday that Oliver and GA disappear at the same time. Also remember Susan has probably figured out things about Oliver in Russia. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

Yeah I think her sources clue her in to the fact he's the green Arrow. So she knows that he's the Green Arrow. I am so glad they got this out of the way. Now the question is, does the team find out or does he find out what she knows?

Just now, bijoux said:

There was something about the team knowing somehing that Oliver does not. What if it is this? And the team is actually Lance and WD? Suddenly this sounds really funny to me.

5x14 when Oliver is away from the lair. 

1 minute ago, Trisha said:

Was that the mention of SW being called his "girlfriend" (twice) or did I miss something?

I really hope there's more conversation between Oliver and Felicity immediately after the "stays in Russia" line (like him asking why she cares and her saying he has a gf or something) because as it stands now that line of dialogue still sounds so off coming from her. I'm surprised her opinion of him is suddenly so low. Curious about the context.

I'm sort of assuming it's a passive-aggressive "joke." Along the lines of her calling Susie Oliver's "girlfriend" long before she actually was his girlfriend. I very much doubt the audience is supposed to think that Felicity actually thinks he's cheating.

My spec re Susie is that they intended for her to be gone by now, but they like her/the actress for whatever reason and/or they realized keeping her around helps keep anything bw Oliver and either Felicity or Tinah at a low simmer. She's useful, basically, but if she was consistently awful she'd continue to make Oliver look like even more of a moron than usual, thus the character rehab. And she can still turn out to be working with Promy or whatever, bc she can be nice-ish now and either turn out bad OR turn out to have fallen in love with him and betray Promy (or Talia, if she's the real Big Bad) in the end. 

3 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It was about time someone figured it out IMO. I'm not looking forward to the "not like Isabel" part though. 

But will we get the "not like Isabel" part. Because i don't think the reporter is backing down, if she is pushing for it in 5x12. 

And it doesn't look like there is sexy time going on, so why would the reporter back down?

Edited by Velocity23
4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

There was something about the team knowing somehing that Oliver does not. What if it is this? And the team is actually Lance and WD? Suddenly this sounds really funny to me.

SA said that starting around 15 Felicity is keeping something secret from Oliver but, not necessarily the team. It's long been speculated that Susan's knowledge might be the secret, especially since he wasn't in the Team Finds Out what  Susan knows scene (in 14). Although, personally I really hope that's not the case.

• Love 1

It's so stupid if they decide to change up her character. Does anyone actually like her? Can they not have Oliver and Felicity both single at the same time? Because that's what it's starting to look like. Season starts with Felicity with Billy. As soon as Oliver kills Billy and Billy's out of the picture, Oliver gets together with Susan. 

So if Susan finds out Oliver's GA, it's just a matter of time before she finds out about everyone else, right? Maybe we'll see her torn about writing a story about Oliver being in Russia when he should've been on the island (and keeping GA a secret), Oliver being the Green Arrow (and keeping Russia a secret) or all of it. 

• Love 3

I think the not like Isabel type is that Susan and Oliver are actually in a relationship where as with Isabel it was just a quick bang and boom she chose to take over his company. I think what Isabel is after is different here. I can't see her backing down from the biggest story of her career. 

Just now, Velocity23 said:

But will we get the "not like Isabel" part. Because i don't think the reporter is backing down, if she is pushing for it in 5x12. 

I'm just going by what SA said. It would be more entertaining for me if she wasn't moved by her feelings.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

5x14 when Oliver is away from the lair. 

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

SA said that starting around 15 Felicity is keeping something secret from Oliver but, not necessarily the team. It's long been speculated that Susan's knowledge might be the secret, especially since he wasn't in the Team Finds Out what  Susan knows scene (in 14). Although, personally I really hope that's not the case.

Thanks, I forgot about the time frame for this. Yeah, it was funnier to me when I thought it might be that Lance and Rene know she figured it in this episode and then try to decide who has to break the news in a highly deductive way, like rock-paper-scissors.

3 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I'm just going by what SA said. It would be more entertaining for me if she wasn't moved by her feelings.

Since that was at the beginning of October and then David Ramsey went on to say that the reporter is shady in the beginning of December, i just think they made some changes. It would not be the first time they changed things. 

Edited by Velocity23
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

Since that was at the beginning of October and then David Ramsey went on to say that the reporter is shady in the beginning of December, i just think they made some changes. 

It's possible they made changes to the plan and Susan went from Not Like Isabel to like Isabel. Or its possible everything remained the same but, the not like Isabel stuff refers to something we haven't thought of yet.

3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It's so stupid if they decide to change up her character. Does anyone actually like her? Can they not have Oliver and Felicity both single at the same time? Because that's what it's starting to look like. Season starts with Felicity with Billy. As soon as Oliver kills Billy and Billy's out of the picture, Oliver gets together with Susan. 

If both Oliver and Felicity were single then to paraphrase Andrew Kreisberg everyone would be asking them why they aren't together because there's no reason why they shouldn't be :)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Since that was at the beginning of October and then David Ramsey went on to say that the reporter is shady in the beginning of December, i just think they made some changes. 

I have no idea about that. But she can be shady and also end up protecting him so I wouldn't say David's words prove anything. I'd be happy if they changed their minds but I'm not counting on it just yet.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 1
Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

I have no idea about that. But she can be shady and also end up protecting him so I wouldn't say David's words prove anything. I'd be happy if they changes their minds but I'm not counting on it just yet.

Maybe this episode will finally reveal her intentions. And if she is digging hard into Oliver's past.  I find it hard to believe that she will take a step back. Oliver is juicy material: not only is he a Queen, the major, the Green Arrow, but there is also the fact that he was in Russia while he claimed to have been stranded on Lian Yu. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Maybe this episode will finally reveal her intentions. And if she is digging hard into Oliver's past.  I find it hard to believe that she will take a step back. Oliver is juicy material: not only is he a Queen, the major, the Green Arrow, but there is also the fact that he was in Russia while he claimed to have been stranded on Lian Yu. 

Hard to believe or not nothing can stop them from ending her story with her deciding, as much as it would be important for her career, to not be able to sell him out if they want to. Like she tried to play him but ended up playing herself..it would make my eye roll but it would be far from the weirdest thing that happened on the show.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 3

@Trisha

I can't link on mobile but in the guy's Reddit thread he comments "So Rene told Susan that story and she went easy on him in that interview since she realized the value he had to the community basically."  I assume the "him" is Lance.

This might be them telling us how she will react to the info about Oliver/Green Arrow being the same person since they probably don't have that reveal (to Oliver) before 5.14 or 5.15.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I just hope that if she does end up not reporting anything she finds out about Oliver, she doesn't decide to use information she finds on anyone else for a story. 

I'd actually like it, if it led to an expose on everybody/somebody else - just full on expose Oliver's naivete with trusting/dating her for the stupidity that it is. That's exactly why I doubt it'll happen though, the show seems to insist on Oliver just being fast and loose with his secret, without a thought as to the potential consequences to anyone else -  which is fine if he's the only one with something at risk but he let Lance in to the new Arrow cave mere episodes after his vendetta against him drove Roy out of town, had no problem with BM just waltzing in and continues to date Shady Suzie who has already done wrong by his sister and is actively looking into his secrets - but the truth is, logic has never played a part in how a story unfolds in Arrow so there'll either be fallout or there won't and the sole determinant will be what story they're currently telling, logic be damned.

• Love 11

If they are trying to rehab the reporter it may be less about the character and more about the writers realizing how badly Oliver was coming off due to his relationship with the more shady version of her. If she turns out To be trustworthy or does the, 'right thing,' Oliver's choice to confide in her is validated.

Although, as a journalist I'd think letting the people know their Mayor is murdering vigilante would actually be the right thing to do, but . . . this show.

7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

If both Oliver and Felicity were single then to paraphrase Andrew Kreisberg everyone would be asking them why they aren't together because there's no reason why they shouldn't be :)

Well, they have a perfectly good reason for them to both be single and not together - ie., Felicity isn't interested in being with someone who keeps important life-changing information from their future spouse. 

Plus, regardless of them being with other people everyone is still asking when/if Oliver and Felicity will get back together so the whole thing has been a total fail.

• Love 8

I think they've always wanted a character like Susan, one that exposes Oliver as the GA and this year was their best opportunity. I think even if she backs down, which is totally possible, it might make Oliver re-evaluate what his secret identity means to him. I won't be shocked if Oliver ends up revealing himself to the city by the end of seaosn 5.

6 minutes ago, GirlvsTV said:

Although, as a journalist I'd think letting the people know their Mayor is murdering vigilante would actually be the right thing to do, but . . . this show.

This is true, LOL. If they didn't introduce her in the way they did and didn't put her with Oliver they could have created an interesting character.

• Love 7
Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

This is true, LOL. If they didn't introduce her in the way they did and didn't put her with Oliver they could have created an interesting character.

See, this is the problem right there. Not that the reporter is digging into Oliver's past. But she's doing it while pushing him to get drinks "as friends," going as his date to his holiday party (which, frankly, doesn't send the best message to the public, the mayor bringing a reporter who has been outspoken against his office as his date) and now dating him? It's pretty much a story for another reporter to write.

• Love 14

It seems to me - based on SA's interview with Seat42 right after Susie was introduced as a LI for him - that they probably always intended her to be ultimately "good," but wanted to make it impossible for the audience to nail down her intentions. Like, we're introduced to her as shady because she totally screws Thea over, but then we see her with Oliver in the mayor's office where she seems moved by his story about wanting to do good for the city. She decides to give him a reprieve on exposing his administration - she seems like a nice, reasonable lady, but wait! She's totally digging into his past and seems to also know who Human Target is - and maybe is aware that she's was dealing with Human Target that whole time and not Oliver when she made that promise. Later she persists in asking him out for a drink but she's been dropping these dumb-as-shit Russian references like she just wants to get caught, but Oliver stays oblivious. Then he goes to her - twice! - with his insecurities and deep feels and she seems to be genuinely counseling him, but oh...there's that Russian vodka reminding us she's a shady bitch!

I think ultimately how Oliver comes across by dating her is secondary to keeping us guessing about what she's up to. Typical Arrow!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It's possible they made changes to the plan and Susan went from Not Like Isabel to like Isabel. Or its possible everything remained the same but, the not like Isabel stuff refers to something we haven't thought of yet.

Maybe when Susan figures out Oliver's the Green Arrow she goes to him and says, look, I have three stories going on here, 1. you were in Russia when you said you were marooned in a desert island, 2. you're the Green Arrow, and 3. the Green Arrow accidentally killed that Mayo dude your ex-fiancé was dating, which means the Star City Mayor killed a cop and then went to my place for drinks, so maybe I need to reclaim my professionalism here and we need to stop seeing each oth-hahahaha sorry, I'm cracking myself up here.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 16