Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought yay, they're addressing the complaints of the fanboys who think that Oliver had been made a wimp now that he's picked Felicity and Laurel is dead.

Funny, i thought SA was actually addressing something that was presented in the show. The fact that Oliver constantly has a go it alone, I'm the only one that can handle it and let me just keep everything to my self mentality. That was a huge character flaw in both S3 and S4 and, going by the sizzle reel plays a direct role in 501/502.

23 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

Never mind.  The newest video just debunked my entire post when Emily confirmed Felicity has a new boyfriend in 501. Ugh.

I stand firm in my belief that this season is a reverse of every other season. This season will start with the obvious temp relationships (or at least early on) and then switch back to Olicity between 513-515.

• Love 8

Ok, my options are either Malcolm or Diggle, haha. Whoever said Felicity's boyfriend was the only effect of Flashpoint might have been onto something :P

Anyway, watch that video if you haven't. It's gold. I particularly loved Emily asking about Felicity's friends - hee.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Funny, i thought SA was actually addressing something that was presented in the show. The fact that Oliver constantly has a go it alone, I'm the only one that can handle it and let me just keep everything to my self mentality. That was a huge character flaw in both S3 and S4 and, going by the sizzle reel plays a direct role in 501/502.

He literally learns this, "you are not alone," lesson EVERY SEASON. It is beyond redundant. No wonder Felicity thought he couldn't change. 

Also, I massively dislike The Flash and I can't believe we have to sit through Barry's dumbassery screwing up stuff on Arrow.

ETA: I really think Oliver's character journey ended in season 3, when he realized he wanted to live. I don't believe the writers have any idea what to do with him, or where to take him, which is why I have a feeling all this ,"back to basics," stuff might end up in yet more recycled storylines.

Also, if there is any possibility flashpoint means Moira returns in any way I will love it forever. I won't even care about Felicity's dumb boyfriend (to be fair, I already don't care about him).

Edited by GirlvsTV
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I stand firm in my belief that this season is a reverse of every other season. This season will start with the obvious temp relationships (or at least early on) and then switch back to Olicity between 513-515.

I can agree with that, but I wasn't really talking about it in the context of Olicity so much as what's been said about where Felicity is emotionally right now. To me, it doesn't make sense that she'd start a new relationship given her guilt and turmoil over Havenrock, her grief over Laurel, and barely keeping the mission going, from what we've heard about the chaos in Star City.  She just has so much going on and so many burdens she can't share with a new boyfriend, which means she'll have to lie to him about her sadness, grief, guilt, and what she's doing at night.  It just seems like an odd character choice to make for Felicity right now, and I think it's being made because of whatever it is they have planned for Olicity, whether it makes sense for her or not.

• Love 11

I'd rather Barry be the boyfriend than some other guy, and at least, I know he won't be sticking around. Man, Barry sucks! I'm not feeling very optimistic about Olicity which bums me out. Yes, they might get together by the end of the season, but I'm wary of what I'm going to have to sit through to get there. This 505 stuff doesn't read to me as a positive thing - hope I'm wrong. Shipping is hard, yo.

• Love 18

I take the repeated emphasis on Oliver's relationship priority being Star City in the same way I take all the back to basics jargon.  It is an invitation to all those who feel the show went astray.  Nukes (the end of the world), baby mamas dramas, endless debates of comic canon versus alternatives in romance and so much more all would leave a hunger to step back and remember the focus.  A great show has taken a beating from all sorts and sides, and has been in a can't win position for a while.  I appreciated SA recognizing at Nerd HQ the impact launching so many other characters and shows has had and the need for Arrow to be Arrow.

• Love 2

I feel like with Olicity the writers have a formula that works but then they decide they need to mix it with a lot of other stuff because a winning formula is the worst thing to happen to a show. So they might write certain aspects really well for Oliver and Felicity in season 5. But the past 2 seasons have shown they will almost certainly also write really terrible aspects. 

I'm sort of tired of getting excited for them as a couple and thinking "if only the writers wrote for character beats and not drama" because there's a pattern now. 

I can't judge yet from what I know but I do have 2 seasons of not fantastic writing to look at (with some great writing). 

Eh we'll see what happens. 

• Love 12
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Password said:

I'm sort of tired of getting excited for them as a couple and thinking "if only the writers wrote for character beats and not drama" because there's a pattern now. 

Plotty writing is an Arrow thing though, not just an Olicity thing. The pattern here is pretty much every thing they put on screen, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
(edited)

Just catching up....a thousand UGH's at Felicity having a boyfriend. I don't see this as benefiting Felicity's character in any way. It's just an excuse to get Oliver to date someone else too. Boring and predictable. I had a feeling it was coming but it's crappy to have it confirmed.

I do think O/F will get back together eventually but this is especially crap after they were almost married. They left them unfinished, IMO. 

I don't really understand how O/F are ambiguous and having a turning point in 505 (even though I did think the turning point was bad) if she already has a boyfriend in 501. Seems pretty damn clear to me. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 8

The curious thing about Flashpoint to me is that I am still not sure how they resolved Barry messing with the timeline in the season 4 crossover.  A bit weary about this to be honest.

• Love 3

Also I can't believe I'm even entertaining the idea but I'm starting to agree with people thinking Barry is Felicity's boyfriend. I thought it was crazy at first but it explains GG jumping in very quickly in that video to say "She's giving advice" or whatever and the grinning coming from I assume one of the show runners. Hmmm.

• Love 12
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I don't really understand how O/F are ambiguous and having a turning point in 505 if she already has a boyfriend in 501. 

What's going to happen is Felicity and BF are going to break up in 5x04, but she isn't going to tell anyone. And in 5x05, Oliver's going to tell her that he has a date with a new lady friend (Reporter? Someone yet to be cast?), and Felicity won't say anything. Angst, angst, angst, season 3 turned inside out, etc etc.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Is it wrong that i really want S5 Flashbacks to end with Oliver's old suit? I miss that suit so damn much

I loved the old suit too, it's my fav costume out of all the GB superhero shows. I also think you're right about the sleeves being an effect from Flashpoint. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

What's going to happen is Felicity and BF are going to break up in 5x04, but she isn't going to tell anyone. And in 5x05, Oliver's going to tell her that he has a date with a new lady friend (Reporter? Someone yet to be cast?), and Felicity won't say anything. Angst, angst, angst, season 3 turned inside out, etc etc.

Take it back. Don't want it. No thanks. Bye!

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Also I can't believe I'm even entertaining the idea but I'm starting to agree with people thinking Barry is Felicity's boyfriend. I thought it was crazy at first but it explains GG jumping in very quickly in that video to say "She's giving advice" or whatever and the grinning coming from I assume one of the show runners. Hmmm.

I would be relieved if it's Barry!  That makes so much more sense, especially given the Flashpoint. And, he's the one guy who she could date that:

1. Wouldn't be a threat to Olicity, given his own canonical romance and the fact the he's on another show
  2. Would understand what's she's going through and be someone she wouldn't have to lie to
  3. Would only be her boyfriend at this point in her life due to him majorly f-ing up the timeline, or however Flashpoint works
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Why are they rehashing the Oliver Thinks He Must Work Alone Then Realizes He Needs Help thing AGAIN? He must have learned that lesson a hundred times now, just below with Keeping Secrets Is Bad. I mean yeah at least he seems to accept help early in the season rather than at the end but still how many times are they going to repeat the same beats? I mean after all the build up that's Laurel's *big deathbed revelation*? Don't work alone? Wow what wonderful, unique insight Laurel. No ones ever told Oliver that before. Honestly I'm just imagining how that conversation went down: 

Laurel: "I need you to promise me something...your instinct has always been to go it alone but Ollie you can't."

Oliver: "I know."

L: "Wait what?"

O: "I've been told that for years, by quite a few people actually - Diggle repeatedly,  Felicity every May, Thea told me not to shut her out like the moment I came home."

L: "Oh."

O: "Did you not know? I mean it has come up quite a few times. After my mom died? Basically all of Season 3? When I finally left you, Ray and Thea to take care of things - that was a big moment. When I hid my secret son? I mean you were there Laurel. This isn't exactly new information."

L: "Ollie you know I have trouble concentrating when I'm not the one talking!"

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It's problematic that this is probably what's going to happen. Thanks a lot @apinknightmare  :(

But wait, isn't Felicity dating some new dude? 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

I would be relieved if it's Barry!  That makes so much more sense, especially given the Flashpoint. And, he's the one guy who she could date that:

1. Wouldn't be a threat to Olicity, given his own canonical romance and the fact the he's on another show
  2. Would understand what's she's going through and be someone she wouldn't have to lie to
  3. Would only be her boyfriend at this point in her life due to him majorly f-ing up the timeline, or however Flashpoint works

Now that the boyfriend is confirmed (because sorry I didn't 100% trust that source from a couple of weeks ago), I'd prefer it to be Barry, if only because it's a result of flashpoint and also, it'll never last. I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of Felicity getting a boyfriend so quickly, especially when she's having some kind of PTSD/emotional problems with the fallout of Havenrock. She needed to heal by herself before dating and this is just bullshit. I know why they're doing it and it's predictable AF.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Nooooooooooooo!  That's the exact opposite of what I want to happen! Why can't people act like adults.  I swear this show gave Roy/Thea the perfect relationship, 

• Love 6

Can someone explain flashpoint to me though? I legit thought it would be a one or two episode thing and be resolved but are they going to resolve it and leave lasting changes? I DON'T WANT THIS I DON'T EVEN WATCH THAT FUCKING SHOW. RAGE.

• Love 6

Barry as the boyfriend makes some sense to me.  The Barry/Felicity kiss was in the S3 sizzle reel.  FS goes to CC in 3.02.  Barry realizes what he has done and comes clean with FS.  Flashpoint covers 2 eps of Flash and 1 of Arrow.  Arrow started filming 2 days before Flash which frees up GG to film Arrow.  LOL!  I have no actual idea how flashpoint works so ....

Sorry, I'm not really into more relationship drama with O/F. 

• Love 5

That would make the thing Felicity "carries" more significant if it's not just knowledge of Flashpoint, but how things were before it (like whatever is different with Diggle, her and Oliver, and whoever else it affects). Provided the BF is a result of Flashpoint and is actually Barry, haha. 

I don't think Barry is the boyfriend but that would be interesting. But if so and there are little changes? Maybe Barry goes back to the porch and Iris has a boyfriend now. And he needs someone to talk about how he messed up and chooses Felicity. They hang over the summer and kind of date because they love other people and are lonely? 

32 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Nooooooooooooo!  That's the exact opposite of what I want to happen! Why can't people act like adults.  I swear this show gave Roy/Thea the perfect relationship, 

Hey, maybe I'm wrong! Maybe it'll be a great, fully developed relationship with a guy who really loves her that results in some great character moments and isn't just a placeholder shitty ship stall. No drama, no angst. 

LMAO, JK JK - it'll be a placeholder shitty ship stall. Full drama. Full angst!

• Love 10

I honestly don't know what you are talking about. Felicity is dating Barry because Flashpoint. It gets fixed in Ep2. Olicity have it out in Ep5. He decides to fight for her. They get together mid season. Wedding bells. 

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I honestly don't know what you are talking about. Felicity is dating Barry because Flashpoint. It gets fixed in Ep2. Olicity have it out in Ep5. He decides to fight for her. They get together mid season. Wedding bells. 

I'm putting my sneakers on RIGHT NOW to try and run fast enough to make this happen.

• Love 18

Ok guys I have a confession to make, in a small way I have always shipped Barry and Felicity. Don't get me wrong, I think and hope it will always come back to Oliver and Felicity, but I find Felicity and Barry super cute when Barry's not screwing stuff up back when they had their little kiss. I think I would be ok if her bf was Barry and was brief and only because of the flashpoint stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

From your lips to the writers ears lol

• Love 5
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Can someone explain flashpoint to me though? I legit thought it would be a one or two episode thing and be resolved but are they going to resolve it and leave lasting changes? I DON'T WANT THIS I DON'T EVEN WATCH THAT FUCKING SHOW. RAGE.

This is just a guess, but I think that Barry is going to undo most of Flashpoint in the first ep of The Flash. Because there wouldn't be much point in doing it if everything went back to the way it was, I think he's going to be unable to completely reverse it, leaving us with the ripples that WM and MG talked about. I think those are probably permanent, and will either change things that aren't really all that important to the past but have big impacts on the present/future (like maybe some things changed in Digg's military past that affect him in the present? IDK), or completely erase/change events in the past that will be put to rights in the future in a way other than they originally happened.

Of course, there isn't much drama to this unless someone in the present knows that things have changed - that's why I think maybe Barry will tell Felicity. 

*Just* a guess. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

Ok guys I have a confession to make, in a small way I have always shipped Barry and Felicity. Don't get me wrong, I think and hope it will always come back to Oliver and Felicity, but I find Felicity and Barry super cute when Barry's not screwing stuff up back when they had their little kiss. I think I would be ok if her bf was Barry and was brief and only because of the flashpoint stuff. 

Under these circumstances, it might even be AWESOME! (Especially compared to any alternatives, which I really, really don't want to happen.)

He would be the truly harmless boyfriend.  If she has to have one who isn't Oliver, let it be Barry under these circumstances. PLEASE.

• Love 1
(edited)

Barry being Felicity's boyfriend would be funny because the last time he changed time on Arrow, it was to come back and make sure Oliver and Felicity didn't break up. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2
(edited)

It makes sense to me that Felicity would be the one to know about Flashpoint. Someone has to know, and hopefully, that person would be able to remind Barry why it was such a terribad idea in the first place. But, apparently, no on on The Flash is allowed to tell Barry he's a terrible hero (minus the bad guys.) Ergo - Felicity knows but takes that knowledge to Arrow. 

As to what Flashpoint is, I only watched the animated movie. Barry goes back in time and saves his mom, thus causing all kinds of drastic changes in the DC universe. Stuff like Batman is Thomas Wayne because Bruce was killed by the mugger. Superman was captured by the government when he arrived on Earth. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are at war after an affair gone bad. It was bananas. Barry eventually gets his abilities back and fixes things.

Since none of that is going to happen (though I would give all my money to see WW flat out murder Shazam in kid form in live action,) we'll get the DCTV version of that. Looks like Wally is The Flash, and Barry doesn't know Iris. I suspect he'll decide at the end of the first episode that this was dumb and fix it in ep 2. But, because Barry is The Worst, he won't be able to get everything back to exactly the way it was before thus - ripple effects. I can't remember - has anyone said if Flashpoint will be addressed on LOT? 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 5

Why would it make sense for Felicity to know? How would she know? She doesn't have any super powers that I'm aware of and doesn't really deal with time travel/AU on a regular basis. If anyone would know it would be Cisco since it's his super power.

Now,  if you're saying Barry tells Felicity about it in 302 that's possible but, that would mean Flashpoint is already resolved by the end of 301.

I also don't understand how Flashpoint can last more than an episode. If Flashpoint lasts 2 weeks that would mean Arrow 501 is a total AU while Arrow 502 is back in regular world.   

I definitely think Flashpoint is resolved by the end of 301.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

It makes sense to me that Felicity would be the one to know about Flashpoint. Someone has to know, and hopefully, that person would be able to remind Barry why it was such a terribad idea in the first place. But, apparently, no on on The Flash is allowed to tell Barry he's a terrible hero (minus the bad guys.) Ergo - Felicity knows but takes that knowledge to Arrow. 

As to what Flashpoint is, I only watched the animated movie. Barry goes back in time and saves his mom, thus causing all kinds of drastic changes in the DC universe. Stuff like Batman is Thomas Wayne because Bruce was killed by the mugger. Superman was captured by the government when he arrived on Earth. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are at war after an affair gone bad. It was bananas. Barry eventually gets his abilities back and fixes things.

Since none of that is going to happen (though I would give all my money to see WW flat out murder Shazam in kid form in live action,) we'll get the DCTV version of that. Looks like Wally is The Flash, and Barry doesn't know Iris. I suspect he'll decide at the end of the first episode that this was dumb and fix it in ep 2. But, because Barry is The Worst, he won't be able to get everything back to exactly the way it was before thus - ripple effects. I can't remember - has anyone said if Flashpoint will be addressed on LOT? 

They said that it will affect Arrow more than LOT. LOT is dealing with it's own ripples and it might get confusing. I think this might be settled during the crossover event so some effect will happen. LOT will be dealing with time criminals this season so Barry will fit :p

Edited by tarotx

Why would it make sense for Felicity to know? How would she know? She doesn't have any super powers that I'm aware of and doesn't really deal with time travel/AU on a regular basis. If anyone would know it would be Cisco since it's his super power.

Now,  if you're saying Barry tells Felicity about it in 302 that's possible but, that would mean Flashpoint is already resolved by the end of 301.

I also don't understand how Flashpoint can last more than an episode. If Flashpoint lasts 2 weeks that would mean Arrow 501 is a total AU while Arrow 502 is back in regular world.   

I definitely think Flashpoint is resolved by the end of 301.

Know as in Barry telling her. We think Barry will resolve Flashpoint at the end of 3.1 but there will be ripples of change. 

3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

This. I meant that Felicity would know about the changes or why things have changed because Barry told her. Not because of powers or anything. And that's all spitballing from me. I'm just trying to figure out why Felicity would be visiting The Flash. 

I don't know why I think FP will last more than one week. It just seems like a lot of buildup to such a cataclysmic event to then resolve it in the premiere. I hope it's resolved quickly; I didn't ask for this! :D

(edited)

Ripples caused when Barry puts things back. Even when fixing his screw up, he still screws things up.

ETA: If Flashpoint isn't resolved by 301 then I almost think it has to go through to the Crossover. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If Flashpoint is resolved by 3x01, then why would it be affecting anyone on Arrow?

I'm thinking Flashpoint will be the first 2 episodes. The first episode will be about Barry being happy and then slowly realizing everything's wrong.. The second episode will be about him fixing his screw up... Therefore it only affects 1 episode of Arrow.

• Love 2

Ripples caused when Barry puts things back. Even when fixing his screw up, he still screws things up.

ETA: If Flashpoint isn't resolved by 301 then I almost think it has to go through to the Crossover. 

But those ripples are exactly what we're talking about? 

I'm so confused right now. 

Ripples caused when Barry puts things back. Even when fixing his screw up, he still screws things up

This is what I think is going to happen too, but even those ripples...I need those fixed on Arrow, eventually. I don't care what happens on The Flash--ever, really, but particularly w/r/t Flashpoint--but I really don't like it when my shows erase events/development that I spent time watching and caring about. Temporarily, fine, but not permanently. So Barry needs to keep working on fixing those ripples until, say, the crossover.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

But those ripples are exactly what we're talking about? 

I'm so confused right now. 

What I've been envisioning and I haven't followed Flash Spoilers at all, so I could he totally wrong. Is a concept of Flashpoint AU happens over the summer and we pretty much never see it on Arrow. 301 of Flash you get to see this quirky little AU world where everything is wrong.  By the end of 301 Flashpoint is resolved, Barry sets things back to Normal. However there are ripples caused by the timeline changing/changing back which are (hopefully) minor.

1 minute ago, Carrie Ann said:

This is what I think is going to happen too, but even those ripples...I need those fixed on Arrow, eventually. I don't care what happens on The Flash--ever, really, but particularly w/r/t Flashpoint--but I really don't like it when my shows erase events/development that I spent time watching and caring about. Temporarily, fine, but not permanently. So Barry needs to keep working on fixing those ripples until, say, the crossover.

I'll be honest, i don't think those Ripples will be fixed...i think they'll just be the new "Normal" so the Berlantiverse can say they put their twist on Flashpoint. 

• Love 3

What I've been envisioning and I haven't followed Flash Spoilers at all, so I could he totally wrong. Is a concept of Flashpoint AU happens over the summer and we pretty much never see it on Arrow. 301 of Flash you get to see this quirky little AU world where everything is wrong.  By the end of 301 Flashpoint is resolved, Barry sets things back to Normal. However there are ripples caused by the timeline changing/changing back which are (hopefully) minor.

I made a similar post here (about five above yours) about the ripples - which is what I thought we (as a group) were discussing. That's why when you said you thought Flashpoint wouldn't last more than an episode, I got confused! :) 

In the TVLine interview posted today, WM wouldn't name who all Flashpoint affects, but said it would affect them in a BIG way. I just don't see how they could set up these big changes for however long the ripples last, and then take them back? We'd be watching an AU that doesn't matter for however many episodes.  That's why I got the feeling that whatever the ripples that Barry couldn't fix were would be permanent.