Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, looptab said:

it kinda worried about some things I read from JB's panel. References to him still having Vandal Savage's ashes. I hope whatever he does with those ashes doesn't mess with arrow and it's just there to come full circle with Legends.

What IF MM becomes the big bad of LOT? 

Let them deal with him for a season.

• Love 5

I hope "James" isn't Sidney, I don't see what introducing another Palmer will add to the show.    James could work as a villain fighting Oliver and Felicity on the public front like Blood and Isabel in Season 2. But please no Ray 2.0 as the "better" Oliver and/or Felicitys love interest in another triangle. (No more triangles show. Just No.)  The show is good on heroes for S5: They've got OTA, Thea, Curtis and Lance. It needs more villains and shady characters. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Felicity isn't Oliver. I don't see her getting involved with her ex's sibling.

Yeah, that move would feel OOC for Felicity. So fingers crossed James is a villian and not brining more angst. Given how badly previous Olicity roadblocks worked out - the Ray triangle and BMD - hopefully they'll tone it down in S5. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I certainly hope that OQ's "Let's believe in Magic/Good Thoughts" speech is better than Henry's on OUAT... That was pretty poor, not sure I would have given a penny based on that performance. But at least it was a good and relatively cheap visual and was at least sentimental.

Also why does it feel like so many shows are copying each other this season? :(

Edited by kismet
8 minutes ago, tv echo said:

From COH2...

I can't delete the second tweet, but the first one worries me a little. Quick, what else did Steve really like this season apart from the "fatherhood" storyline?

(edited)

Here's the Sydney Palmer spoiler and source...

-- Per MG, Ray Palmer's brother Sydney is "a potential Arrow character",  but "we’ve actually been talking about seeing [Sydney] in Legends Season 2.” Also, Ray and Syd are not twins, but just happen to have “an uncanny similarity,” (TVLine article, page 36 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Not sure about this. His favorite parts are 90% of the time my least favorite parts. I'm picturing lil William furiously coloring in a cavernous space.

LOL. 

On that note, I don't really trust much of what SA says tbh because, aside from Olicity, he really does enjoy everything I don't. The 'continues one of his fave parts of s4' is confusing me because he really only liked the fatherhood storyline, didn't he? I've not seen him really talk up anything else, unless I'm forgetting something?

(edited)

SUMMARY OF 422 SPOILERS:

S4, Episode 22: Lost In the Flood
-- Production code: 422.  Shoot Dates: Mar. 30- Apr. 8, 2016.  Director: Glen Winter.  Writers: Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama.  Airdate: May 18, 2016. (MG tweet, page 34 of Spoilers thread)
-- 422 synopsis: "OLIVER FIGHTS FOR THEA; DONNA SMOAK FACES OFF WITH NOAH KUTTLER – Following the shocking events in the previous episode, Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Diggle (David Ramsey) race to rescue Thea (Willa Holland), while Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Curtis (Echo Kellum) and Noah (guest star Tom Amandes) join together to stop Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough). Glen Winter directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama (#422). Original airdate 5/18/2016." (SpoilerTV article, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per MG, 422 began production on Mar. 29. (MG tweet, page 34 of Spoilers thread)
-- In response to fan who asked if 421 title will be a Bruce Springsteen song, MG replied: "No. 4x22." (MG tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 422 producer's preview posted. (422 producer's preview video in CW Arrow tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 422 promo and extended promo posted. (422 promo and extended promo videos, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 422 sneak peek video, showing Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Quentin, Ruve and Malcolm, posted. (TV Guide article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 422 sneak peek video, showing Felicity, Noah and Curtis, posted. (ComicBookResources article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- 422 promo pics posted: showing Felicity, Noah, Donna, Curtis, Quentin, Oliver and Thea. (Velocity 23 post and SpoilerTV article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- 422 comic preview posted. (MG tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- 422 dialogue tease: "I should have taken your head." (ArrowWritersRoom tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- Brian Ford Sullivan tweeted: "@Glen__Winter is always a hoot in production meetings. There's never enough blood, arrows, bullets or explosions for him!" (BFS tweet, page 34 of Spoilers thread)
-- On May 18, Brian Ford Sullivan tweeted (about 422): "Lots of big moments & surprises to discuss!"  (BFS tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- James Bamford tweeted: "Today we have our old favorite back, @Glen__Winter on set....you can expect epic shots.....& an epic episode. 4.22." (JBam tweet, page 34 of Spoilers thread)
-- Pics of The Central City Tribune newspaper with headline "Nuclear Missile Hits Havenrock".  (Morena post, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per WM, DD causes "our biggest amount of casualties ever" in this episode.  (TV Guide's Finale Preview article, page 35 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Apr. 5, Glen Winter tweeted pic of himself with EBR and SA, all dressed up in formal wear, with comment: "I [heart] Olicity..." (GW tweet, page 991 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Pic of SA and DR with Glen Winter's son in the countryside while filming 422. (AmellDailytweet, page 1017 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- TAmandes: "I will say you will not be disappointed to see the family dynamic between Felicity and her two lovely parents... There’s some fun stuff if you can imagine. It’s such a loaded familiar situation that I would imagine for the writers it’s such a treat to throw anything Charlotte’s way, but to throw in evil ex-husband what could be better.” (Zap2It article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- In 422, Donna finds out that Felicity works with Team Arrow but doesn’t find out that Oliver is the Green Arrow. CR: "I think as a mum that’s going to change things a little bit because she’s in harm’s way.” (Fanisma article, page 1046 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- In 422, Donna shares her first scenes with ex-husband Noah.  CR: “Donna has a lot of feelings that she’s been wanting to share with Noah for many years, that have been bottled up... Felicity has asked for her father’s help in dealing with a crisis in Star City — she kept it a secret from Donna because she knew how I would feel — and obviously, when Donna finds out that he’s anywhere Arrownear my daughter, a lot of suppressed emotions come spewing out. ... “Donna has said that he left when Felicity was very young, and Donna hard a hard time financially, working three jobs to put food on the table,” Ross reminds. “So while we’ve alluded to the fact that Noah was very bad, to what degree and what he did specifically will be revealed a bit this week.” (TVLine article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- CR: “There is something that Donna has kept hidden for many, many years and she decides to, finally, come clean to Felicity about it — even though she knows she may risk losing her by doing so... Being a single mother myself, many things Donna feels and the choices she has had to make really resonate with me. And because Em [Emily Bett Rickards] and I have grown so close, it just felt so deep, honest and intimate when we were shooting the scenes in this episode. [Our on- and off-screen bonds] really have become intertwined in a way that has made our work together much richer than I could’ve hoped.” (TVLine article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- CR: “Donna is thrilled that Lance decided to be up front and honest and amend his affidavit [about Laurel’s Black Canary persona even at risk of losing his badge] ... Paul and I have had many discussions about how Donna has potentially become his moral compass, as Laurel was, along with helping him deal with losing her. The question they both have now is: ‘Where do we go from here?'”  (TVLine article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- CR: “Donna hasn’t seen her daughter’s father for many, many years and there are a lot of hurt feelings, unsaid issues and volatile feelings that have been suppressed for many years and when Donna finds out that Felicity has not only seen her father but is talking regularly with him to utilize his help with some major Team Arrow work issues – well, that’s a lot for Donna to swallow.” (Emertainment Monthly article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- CR: , “Tom is a lovely man and when I first met him I laughed and said ‘I apologize, in advance, if I’m really mean to you while playing Donna’ Tom is, obviously, a very wonderful experienced actor and we were both very excited to have scenes together and relished one particular scene that we have in tonight’s episode that reveals a lot of what truly happened, which led to the dissipation of our relationship, our parting from each other and my becoming a single mom.” (Emertainment Monthly article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- CR: “Having Felicity and my ex in the same room was very intense and wonderfully layered and textured and very high-stakes to play so, as an actress, that’s the kind of stuff we yearn for so, I had a blast. But, in this episode, things are revealed about Donna’s hidden past decisions that have never been revealed. They lead Donna to have to explain to her daughter why she made the choices that she made and the risk of coming clean with her daughter after all these years is one that could, potentially, lead to a very strained relationship with her daughter if they even remain to have one at all…”  (Emertainment Monthly article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- CR: “I think Donna had pretty much given up on love and finding a man with true depth of character before she met Quentin so at this point anyway, she is madly in love with him and is grateful every day that he’s in her life and, at this point, they are 100 hundred percent committed to each other and wanting to make it work. Paul and I are both eager to see where this relationship will go. ...  “Donna has slowly and unintentionally become a bit of his moral compass which, as we know, was a large part Laurel brought to his life. I hope Donna is helping him more in the loss of his beautiful daughter as it’s been a huge tragedy for everyone in Star City.”  (Emertainment Monthly article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- Quentin will be in 422. Glen Winter posted pic of himself with EBR and PB on the Arrowcave set in 422. (GW tweet, page 360 of Social Media thread)
-- Malcolm will be in 422. Glen Winter posted pic of himself with JB in 422. (GW tweet, page 360 of Social Media thread)
-- On Mar. 30, CR tweeted pic of her and EBR on set. (CR tweet, page 351 of Social Media thread)
-- On Apr. 1, PB posted pic of himself with CL and JBam, and on Apr. 8, PB posted pic of himself with CR, and he's wearing the same shirt in both pics. (PB instagram pics, page 1003 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- On Apr. 4, CR tweeted pic of herself with EK in Vancouver Film Studios. (CR tweet, page 355 of Social Media thread)
-- On Apr. 5, actress Jara Zeimer tweeted: "What an awesome day on set of #Arrow. It was great working with all of you today :) @StephenAmell @david_ramsey @Glen__Winter #CW."  IMDB identified her role in 422 as "Daughter." (JZ tweet, page 991 of Spoiler Discusson thread)
-- On May 17, Jara Zeimer tweeted that she would be in 422. (JZ tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per EBR (at City of Heroes 2 on May 14), 422 was her favorite episode. (OlicityIBelieve tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per EBR (at City of Heroes 2 on May 14), Felicity will struggle with change in upcoming episodes. (tanavip tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- This could be Taiana's last episode.  ER started filming a new indie horror film, Residue, on Apr. 1, was still filming on Apr. 8, and wrapped up filming on Apr. 14.  (ER tweets, page 18 of  Arrow Actors in Other Roles thread)
-- On Taiana in the remainder of S4, ER:  "Well, if you've been following the show thus far, we've seen what happened to Laurel. So, that was, I think, what left people kind of like in awe and shock. So as the season is coming to an end, I think there's just going to be a reprise of that energy, um, with my character, with my relationship, you know, with Stephen as Oliver and Taiana, and then in the present world as well. So it's just - it's culminating to a nice place." (Breakfast Television-Vancouver tweet, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- At City of Heroes 2 (on May 14), SA gave two truths and one lie for the final two episodes of S4: Oliver gets off the island, Oliver kills someone, and the final two episodes take place over several days. (ah-maa-zing tumblr post, page 398 of Social Media thread)

Edited by tv echo
6 minutes ago, looptab said:

Maybe the mayor thing?

Possible. He did mention the speeches during the campaign. And he praised his scene with PB. Alo NM in his role. That's about all that I can remember.

Just now, bijoux said:

Possible. He did mention the speeches during the campaign. And he praised his scene with PB. Alo NM in his role. That's about all that I can remember.

The only other thing I remember him saying he really liked, except for BMD, was during those interviews while they were shooting 409, and he said that he liked that there were more sides to Oliver he got to play - the Green Arrow, the mayoral candidate, the father (which he didn't say but implied, LOL) and normal Oliver. So maybe it has to do with that? Maybe he is talking about the fact he is the level-headed one while the people closest to him are losing it. 

He never said he liked the fb, did he? So it shouldn't be Poppy surviving the season :)

• Love 1

I already assumed that Oliver would probably be Mayor by the end of the season considering Ruve will most likely be outed as DD's evil wife and co-conspirator of the plan to destroy the world. Especially if he's inspiring the crowds of people/city as Oliver Queen. 401 ended with Oliver making a speech to the city as Green Arrow and 423 might end with him making a speech as Oliver Queen?

Doesn't give us any clues about the cavernous space though. I wonder if they'll cut to someone we thought was dead and who isn't (and no I don't mean Laurel at all).

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Doesn't give us any clues about the cavernous space though. I wonder if they'll cut to someone we thought was dead and who isn't (and no I don't mean Laurel at all).

Since all spoilers hint at something big happening with Diggle, I'm guessing the cavernous space spoiler has something to do with him? 

Or maybe it's a hint at the next big bad. 

Or none of the above. 

2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Not sure about this. His favorite parts are 90% of the time my least favorite parts. I'm picturing lil William furiously coloring in a cavernous space.

Look, Mommy, what a pretty cave! Where are my black Crayolas? Did you bring my dollies?

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't remember if this has been brought up before, so forgive me if it has. I'm picking up from the discussion in the episode thread about the nuke - I saw some speculate that it was too big a step for it to actually stick, and that it might actually be a precursor to some reset like time travel or something else.

Now, the person who speculated that was aiming mostly at finding reasons to prove that yes, LL will come back,  even though the EPs said the death would stick - she woudn't be resurrected because she doesn't have to be resurrected in the first place. Putting all that aside, which isn't really my concern nor do I think there's a chance LL will be back, do you think there's a chance that they'll travel back in time to avoid the bomb/DD gaining his powers? 

Edited by looptab

Right, and that is why I don't really think they'll do it. But then there's a small part of me that thinks it might happen after the big battle. Like, right before the cavernous space thing.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

SA said at the con that the Nuke would play a part in S5 of Arrow and he expects it'll be brought up im S3 and S2 of the other shows.

Yeah, like the US is now at war with Russia and all supes get drafted. Did Rip Hunter neglect to mention the nuking of an American city? ;)

• Love 2

OH! That's actually better. I don't expect any link to reality re: the consequences of a nuke here, I mean, it's Arrow - but I'd rather there's narrative fallout, than this being quickly fixed by way of the genre/sci-fi trope du jour.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

SA said at the con that the Nuke would play a part in S5 of Arrow and he expects it'll be brought up im S3 and S2 of the other shows.

Good, then :)

I'd hope there wasn't time travel on Arrow. Once was enough thank you! And the nuke dropping is so big that there has to be consequences into next season. They should use it, too. It's a big thing and might bring up story potential in future. 

It would be interesting if the new villain came from this nuke destruction, kind of like what SA mentioned about wanting a villain to come from one of the past attacks on the city, although it would be difficult to figure out a way to connect a nuke in the Virginia/DC area to Star City or Oliver. Maybe it becomes public knowledge that Darhk/HIVE caused the nuke and the Team GA was working to stop them, and one person comes out of the destruction eager for revenge on everyone related to nuke (HIVE, Argus, etc.) Then, 

Spoiler

a la Baron Zemo in Civil War,

the villain could work on separating the team/keeping the team separated so that he/she can have a clear cut way to revenge around a fractured Team Arrow. Random spec, but I get antsy with upcoming hiatuses.

But, otherwise, compared to this big, nation wide threat, I feel like there's no choice but for Arrow to go back to being more personal rather than large scale to push their main plot. Anything else would be strange to compare to the stakes that would have been set only less than a year ago from the deaths of 10K+ people.

• Love 4

I'm wondering with what SA said at the con with regards to the nuke being brought up on all shows and the reference to POTUS being aware of what was going on in 4X21 if they are planning a Civil War type story for next season.  

Since Starling and Central Cities, including the police, are okay with Superheroes protecting their towns if the conflict will come from the government wanting to round up the heroes and Barry being in favor of it and Oliver opposed and that's why they had to have an event that would be beyond just Starling city.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I'm wondering with what SA said at the con with regards to the nuke being brought up on all shows and the reference to POTUS being aware of what was going on in 4X21 if they are planning a Civil War type story for next season.  

Since Starling and Central Cities, including the police, are okay with Superheroes protecting their towns if the conflict will come from the government wanting to round up the heroes and Barry being in favor of it and Oliver opposed and that's why they had to have an event that would be beyond just Starling city.

It may work for the crossover, but it would be tricky to pull off long term on two different shows which don't always synch up time wise.

• Love 1
(edited)

Not that I think they are going to have a Civil War themed xover, but I do see it being a challenging endeavor to make it cross the Flarrowverse and include Flash or LoT. I also don't want them to do a Civil War themed s5 amongst TA, because even if team splits or takes time away at the end of the season, by the premiere they should get back together. Intra-team tension never works out well for TA. It didn't work at the beginning of s4 and it didn't work in s3 when QL was against them. TA needs to be a united front, they can have differences of opinion or approach, but splitting them philosophically for longer than one episode has traditionally made it really non-enjoyable to watch.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, kismet said:

TA needs to be a united front, they can have differences of opinion or approach, but splitting them philosophically for longer than one episode has traditionally made it really non-enjoyable to watch.

For my kind of spec, I just see it as they would just not be all emotionally connected to each other as much anymore given what might happen after 423. They would still be a united front, but their differences on how they see what they are doing as TA would just kind of fizzle the overall team moral, and that would be what s5 would be working towards fixing overall. You would have Oliver and Felicity who would ironically be a team within a team after whatever goes down in 423 that pushes Diggle and Thea to leave, and then come 501 something happens to brings everyone back together with Oliver, and to a lesser extent Felicity, trying to convince them to stay. Then the season would focus on giving all of the characters renewed purpose for being on the team, trying to get back to the basics of why they are doing what they are doing in the midst of everything that's happened to each of them, while supporting each other in the process.

The only real Civil War aspect I was actually getting at is that external forces (like a villain) would try to force the team apart for ulterior motives, but that the season would actually be about staying closer than ever before. 

Side note: new minute-long promos for Flash and LoT just came out today, so fingers crossed they'll be an Arrow one some time today/tomorrow as well (not expecting one, but I choose to be ever optimistic)

On 5/15/2016 at 2:21 AM, sadfangirl said:

Re the finale  and the spec:

OLIVER TEAMS UP WITH A SURPRISING FORCE TO STOP DAMIEN DARHK – Oliver (Stephen Amell) teams up with a surprising force in an attempt to stop Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and his magic once and for all. John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and teleplay by Wendy Mericle and Marc Guggenheim (#423). Original airdate 5/25/2016.

Most of the spec I've seen on this has said that they think OQ will team up with MM (again) but what if he has to team up with Anarchy.  I think that would be an interesting dynamic and may push Thea down a darker path.  

The only thing or someone/s I can think that would be surprising would be Ruve or/and HIVE..

It better not be the SpeedForce.... BA can keep his man tears far from this finale - unless they are magic infused tears to calm the yellow eyes.

The writing says Force and not Ally/person, which makes me think it's going to be an organization or some newly discovered magical force. Perhaps there is a trifecta of magic (1. Happy Thoughts 2. Glowing body parts), I wonder if the 3rd is a more physical manifesting of light power. Like he can physically counter Darhk's dark power. I don't think we have seen an Arrow take on a laser wand/light saber off. I wonder if that is in our CGI future.

• Love 2

Had a thought about BC in the finale.

I was terrified for a moment that with BS not dying she was the mystery BC in the finale, but then I remembered that KC was in NYC and Little MM was favoring tweets about the finale. I wonder if Oliver asks Baby Canary to make an appearance to inspire the masses.

(edited)
Spoiler

I'm not surprised that Black Siren is not dying on The Flash (as spoilers indicate).  The EPs would've wanted to keep their options open in terms of bringing KC back in the future on one of their Flarrowverse shows.

I am kinda surprised that they didn't lock KC up into a general contract like they did Wentworth Miller.

Edited by mod to note that the above post is a Flash spoiler.  

Edited by MuuMuuChainsmoker

Now that Laurel has been publicly outed as BC, it wouldn't make much sense to me for Oliver to want Baby Canary to show up to inspire people (or to show up to a huge battle at all when she's a minor). Everyone would know it was a copycat, which seems like, if anything, could maybe inspire people to become vigilantes themselves someday? I don't think they would want to do that, when most people wouldn't be qualified and would end up getting killed (like the real BC herself--ironic!). I'm still clinging to hope that the "BC" we see in the finale is simply a vision, and the reason they used the stunt double and not KC herself was because of awkwardness (and possibly $$--not really sure how that all shakes out when a series regular is killed off and exits at E19) and because they don't really need her to say anything to Oliver.

• Love 5

I assumed that baby BC would be in the finale because she's seen that they're trying to take down DD and she wants to help. They left that story unfinished, IMO. 

6 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

She might be, but I hope it's as herself, and not in her BC costume.

Oh, I thought she was based on bts pictures? It seemed like the same actress.

32 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

I thought all the BTS pictures with someone in a BC costume were Atlin Mitchell, but I could definitely be wrong.

There is a BTS shot from the filming of the finale of someone in a BC outfit. IIRC, she was pretty well covered, so I don't think anyone knows who it was. 

(edited)

Should this ("#QueenVsQueen") even be a contest (in terms of skill & experience)?  I mean, it's like the Sara v. Laurel fight in Canaries...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2