Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: The Carpals In The Coy-Wolves

WendyCR72

Yes, I suck. I forgot the episode thread! (If I had internet access yesterday, I might have remembered. But I didn't...so I didn't!)

When remains of real estate agent Justin Ross are discovered in a forest and appear to have been destroyed by coyote-wolf hybrids, Brennan enlists the help of fellow brilliant forensic anthropologist Dr. Beth Mayer to assist in the investigation. In addition to her professional achievements, Mayer is surprisingly knowledgeable about the world of fantasy football, a key link to Ross’ past and one that could provide vital information in finding his killer. As Booth and Aubrey dig into Ross’ fantasy football league history, they discover he was actively involved in a Twitter feud with NFL star Lou Divers, and was also owed a large sum of money from the league’s commissioner, making each of them suspects. Meanwhile, Brennan resists feeling competitive as Mayer impresses the team with her expertise and decades of accomplishments.

In the future, if there is no thread, feel free to put one up; I can alter as needed.

To start, it was nice to see Brian Klugman again, even if Oliver Wells is still obnoxious. Glad Hodgins shot him. Hmm. Betty White was...Betty White. Not a slam. I like her! But it's true.

To me, Brennan seemed less robotic this week and the water fight at the end was cute. All I got!

On to the crossover with Sleepy Hollow next week...

• Love 1

During an afternoon re-run when Brennan and Booth were on honeymoon in Argentina she said she was going to kill Agent Andy so it's not like Booth didn't have some warning.

And seriously. I still love this show, but for cod's sack, if she has six best-sellers she should know by now you don't blurt out the end of a book that hasn't been published yet to anyone within hearing. I hate when they drop back into the season one well of "I don't know what that means."

But tranq'd Hodgins was very funny.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2

I wish DB had told the new showrunners to go back and watch Seasons 4-5 instead of season 1. All the bickering is getting on my nerves.  It's not HEAT...it's being contrary.  When you have to use a 110 year old woman to tell us your main couple still has passion, you're doing something wrong....

• Love 2

Well, that was juvenile (the whole stupidness with the creepy intern and his erection problems) and then the gimmick of having the wonderful BW - who I love but it was so shoehorned it and seems so desperate on the part of the show - 

I think the cross-over may be fun - but only if they have a good script - 2 hours is a long time for whatever they are planning.  

• Love 4

Aw I liked it for the most part. I guess I'm to the point with the show that I enjoy what I can from the episode and just leave the rest. I'm so thankful they're still together at all that I'll allow a lot of stuff. And I saw the disagreements as working through the remnants of what happened. Reminded me of when Bones came back from being on the run for 3 months from Pelant and they were out of sync at first.

I love Betty White. And I would like to see Brennan learn something from her and decide to learn some other sciences. I wouldn't mind seeing her conduct some kind of experiment with Hodgins as part of it, or Angela teaching her some kind of software program, maybe something that ties into what BW's character did with photographing and uploading stuff from bone storage.

I'm really looking forward to the crossover next week!

Forgot to add, I like what ED is doing with her hair, the loose waves. It's giving her a softer look which I think is appropriate as she has softened emotionally since becoming a wife and mother.

Edited by Badsamaritan
  • Love 1

Why did Hodgins and Klugman's character go back out into the woods later?  I know that Hodgins used it as an excuse to shoot Oliver (?) with the tranq, but why were they there in the first place?  I don't remember hearing anything about looking for more evidence and they already had the Coy-Wolves scat.

I watched up to season 6 or 7 and finally gave up in disgust with the aggressive stupidity of the show.  I was lured back to watch this episode by Betty White and I pretty much skimmed through just to see her scenes because everything else was so stupid and horrible.  I'm sorry, I've never seen this Oliver squintern before but his first scene where he complains about working with women to THREE FEMALE SUPERIORS is beyond the pale.  God I hate this show.

• Love 1

I watched up to season 6 or 7 and finally gave up in disgust with the aggressive stupidity of the show.  I was lured back to watch this episode by Betty White and I pretty much skimmed through just to see her scenes because everything else was so stupid and horrible.  I'm sorry, I've never seen this Oliver squintern before but his first scene where he complains about working with women to THREE FEMALE SUPERIORS is beyond the pale.  God I hate this show.

The new intern is a special creation from the Hansen/Nathan viewer-hate annoyotron character assembly shop. His thing is being horrible, condescending and socially inappropriate, only unlike the horrible, condescending and inappropriate new girl intern, he's, um, not a girl.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

Betty White was just there to be Betty White, rather than to fit in with the show, and you know what? I'm 100% fine with that. Betty White can do Betty White on any television program she chooses to grace with her presence.

The line about killing someone off when things get boring felt very meta. Sweets and assorted tertiary characters register their agreement. (And Aubrey shouldn't joke about maybe replacing Booth in Brennan's fictional universe! Doesn't he know what happened to the previous two younger leading male/everybody's little brother characters on this show?)

I do sort of like the show's habit of tossing out a meta comment here and there. My favorite remains the beginning of season three when Brennan was mad at Booth for not talking Zack out of going to Iraq, and as they reconnect Booth tells her that they're the center and the center has to hold.

This episode wasn't brilliant, but it's amazing that the center, and Bones as a whole, has held so well that the show lasted eleven years and found itself in a position to have special episodes featuring Betty White as Betty White or crossing over with a time travel horror show.