Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: An Erotic Odyssey

The description for this episode has been updated;

Jamie enlists the help of his flatmate Dave as he embarks on a mission to find his missing wife Layla, while Fr Jude asks for the assistance of Sr Celine when he is given a the job of searching for the second coming of the Messiah. Rhonda is determined to return to her husband and son before the world comes to an end, but the leader of shadowy cyberterrorist group Deux Ex Machina has other plans for her.

I kind of love Dave. "Let's find your vaginal mother!" Would his and Jamie's arc have worked with him as the lead and Jamie as the nervous sidekick? He's not only insouciant about the end of the world, he's remains smart and caring enough to hide Jamie's passport. Flights to Russia, indeed.

I'm finding Rhonda's story the least interesting, but that could change episode to episode. Still really enjoying the show overall.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 6

So we got some new characters thrown into the mix, that's interesting. I like the guy playing the President and the guy playing Rhonda's brother. More than anything I'm intrigued to keep watching just to find out how they all wind up in a bunker under a British suburb. 

I kind of love Dave. "Let's find your vaginal mother!" Would his and Jamie's arc have worked with him as the lead and Jamie as the nervous sidekick?

Not for me, anyway. Dave is kind of the "lovable dick" character trope that annoys the crap out of me - the type of "friend" Zach Galifinakis always plays. You know, the kind of annoying moron there's no real reason to be friends with other than to provide "comic relief" to the sane characters and throw their lives into disarray. 

The elderly couple having an "erotic adventure" in the middle of the road was pretty funny though.

• Love 3

I like this.  It's loopy and stupid, but I like that.  It picks up where Galavant left off.

And how do they all end up in London, and who all is in that bunker?  That's an American soldier all shot up, right?  And we haven't spotted Rob Lowe yet.

There are the two British twins, our hero and the hacker.  Then our hero's wife looked to be played by the same actress who plays the nun.  Are we going to get double roles out of everyone?

• Love 2

I enjoyed this episode and have no complaints about it. i know, amazing, right? I never watched The Office, so Jenna Fischer is new to me, and I think she's good. Megan Mullally also was fun this time. Does anyone know where it was filmed? It sorta looked like Utah. 

• Love 1

Malta and the Western U.S. have Mediterranean/Temperate climates, so not that far off. :)

I thought they were supposed to be in Mexico, and the landscape/vegetation looked entirely possible to me.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1

I liked this episode and I'm still in.  I'm not even bored by any of the separate stories line.  At least not yet.  I don't even have a weak link as far as the actors and characters go.  Again, not yet.  For some reason I just think the show is a helluva lot of fun.  And I usually hate apocalyptic or dystopian stuff.  So I consider myself pleasantly surprised.

Mathew Baynton - I only know him from Spy, a UK series that aired on Sky1 and (I think) was only on Hulu in the U.S.  And I'll probably love him forever for the 47 seconds of perfection that is "Why'd You have to Hurt Me Bernie? / I Hate Bernice."

Edited because autocorrect is weird.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 3

D'you think the older couple took their cue from The Beatles -- Why don't we do it in the road?

I enjoyed the second ep more than the first and am looking forward to seeing how everyone who is in the bunker got there.

• Love 3
D'you think the older couple took their cue from The Beatles -- Why don't we do it in the road?

Ha! I did spare a thought for how they blocked that scene, and the comfort of the actors. The woman was on a hard road surface with just a blanket underneath, and the man was flopped on top of her without really supporting himself on his knees. He couldn't lift himself up and away too much and still have her breasts be obscured by his body. I just hope it didn't take too long to film.

• Love 1

Mathew Baynton - I only know him from Spy, a UK series that aired on Sky1 and (I think) was only on Hulu in the U.S.  And I'll probably love him forever for the 47 seconds of perfection that is "Why'd You have to Hurt Me Bernie? / I Hate Bernice."

Haha, thanks for sharing that clip!  I had never heard of this actor before, but I may check out Spy. He is great in this series- The twin thing is fun to watch, and I found myself pulled in by wanting to know what happens to his characters.

• Love 2