Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Purpose In The Machine

• Start Topic

See, what I think would've worked better is since they're keeping Ward around have him go off on a diatribe about letting the old guard die and the new way of doing things, then abandoning any thought of Hydra and starting up his own evil organization. Some unique to the show, so AoS can play by their own rules. Just let Hydra die already. They had their chance for 70+ years and they blew it.

• Love 1

I thought that they only found the sand because Fitz had breached the clean environment (maybe with a shotgun?) the monolith was in, and then it turned to liquid or whatever before reverted to a solid, leaving the sand behind. But I may have been confused about what was going on.

If the sand came from the other side when the monolith turned liquid, why couldn't Simmons have just waited until the thing turned again and tried to jump out?

During Priest's Black Panther run in comics, it was revealed that the Resurrection Altar in Wakanda was or could also be a portal to alien worlds (a group of aliens imprisoned on the Earth during the Maximum Security mega-story used it to escape).

I've been wondering for a while now if the monolith is supposed to be the MCU version of the Resurrection Altar, or if it is just its own thing.

Wow you just made me think of something I hadn't thought about in years. Back when I was reading comics Preist's Black Panther was one of my favourites. Wasn't that altar in a temple or something? Somewhere in my dad's house I believe is an original page showing that temple.

A little disappointing that they brought Gemma (Jemma?) back so soon - they could have had Fitz use the monolith to get a message to her one episode, have a reply next (which convinces the others that she's alive) and then have her rescued in a third, IMO. But whatever, I'm glad she's back and even my cynical heart melted (a little) at them snuggling up at the end. Clearly she's suffering from PTSD (which makes sense) but I hope she'll bounce back pretty soon.

I'm even starting to like new look HYDRA - Earn your rank through murder might be an uncommon recruiting tactic, but it fits for Evil Take-Over-the-World types. At least they don't believe in nepotism - guy had to kill somebody just the same as anyone else. Don't get me wrong: I want to see Ward dead, but I'd like him to be a viable antagonist until that point.

blueray  That kid that Ward recruited joined May's ex's psych class. I assume that will be a bad thing.

Nah - he probably just wants to broaden his skill set in case the "Taking over the World" gig doesn't work out. Just cause your evil doesn't mean you can't have an alternative career options!

Monty Ashley (from the Recap) Welcome to Gloucestershire, England, where it's always 1839

I see you've been there! Unlike Peter MacNicol, who had no idea how to pronounce it, because I went, "Sorry, where?" when he said it (it's pronounced "Gloss-tur" not "Glau-cess-tur). I'm sure Elizabeth Henstridge could have told him that.

Edited by John Potts