Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Promos, Previews, Speculation, and Spoilers

From TV Line's Ask Ausiello:

Question: Any Good Wife scoop on Cary? —Mohammad

Ausiello: I finally have an answer to the burning “Does he bat for Team Gay?” question. Remember a few months ago when Cary seemed to doth protest too much when his underling hit on him? Well, EP Robert King reveals that the odd, seemingly out of nowhere exchange was neither a seed being planted for a bigger storyline nor a non sequitur. “We liked how Cary was out of step in trying to get in touch with the newest generation coming into the law firm,” King explains. “He wanted to belong and he wanted them to feel like they belonged. And of course it’s misinterpreted by the young associate as a come-on.”

Question: Are we going to see Zach this season on The Good Wife? —Anabel

Ausiello: Yes, ma’am. Graham Phillips will return as Alicia’s golden boy in the first post-holiday episode (airing Jan. 10), an hour that finds the entire Florrick clan crammed into Peter’s campaign bus en route to the Iowa Caucuses. (Get a first look at the family reunion, below; is that Zach’s GF wearing the Georgetown hoodie?) Oh, and you know who else will be on that bus? Alicia’s new archnemesis Eli! Fun times.

Ugh. I really hope they don't make Carey gay out of nowhere. It's 2015, we're beyond the idea that being gay makes for an interesting character. 

Anyway, spoilers from the next episode http://www.eonline.com/news/725919/the-good-wife-s-alicia-totally-loses-her-in-intense-preview

There's a promo that takes place right after Eli tells Alicia about the voicemail and she starts throwing plates at him. I still don't know where the show is going with this. The more Alicia pines for Will, the harder it is to sell her with Jason. 

And 

Later in the episode, the entire Florrick family (including Graham Phillips' Zach!) hit the campaign trail in Peter's (Chris Noth) bus…and they're squeezed in there with Eli and Ruth (Margo Martindale). Once in Iowa, Peter attempts a very risky stunt to gain votes for his presidential bid. David Krumholtz returns as political analyst Josh Mariner and Mo Rocca reprises his role of Ted Willoughby. MSNBC's Chris Matthews appears as himself.

Yay! I like Josh Mariner. I love the campaign stuff in general, even though I know most here don't. 

Edited by Tetraneutron

Alicia needs to get over the thing with Eli.  As has been said before, she had multiple times to ditch Peter and be with Will if she wanted and she didn't.  The Kings really need to come up with something original and stop repeating the same stuff or never addressing the dangling threads of plot lines that would actually make sense.

• Love 1

FWIW, a friend of mine did stand-in work last week on an upcoming episode of TGW and said he was standing in for Wil Patton, who will be playing Tascioni's ex-husband. So we get to see Carrie Preston again! (This friend just had a several-episode run as one of Peter Florrick's campaign staff).

(And, in One of the Reasons Why I Live In New York, my sister and I ran into Carrie Preston & Michael Emerson in a bar in Queens last weekend. Yes, I have a picture, and yes I posted it in the POI folder.)

• Love 2

Speculation.  Matt Morrison is coming as an Assistant US Attorney who doesn't like the Florricks.  He's jailed four previous govs.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/07/good-wife-matthew-Morrison

Smirky has a file on Alicia.  He was disbarred and hit a judge.  He hemmed and hawed once about working for someone else.  He was described as a sociopath by the judge he hit.  It was Lucca who said she checked him out and his was fine.

Is Smirky working for Matt Morrison? Is Lucca?  Smirky had a little trouble with the working for other people discussion.  You never know with the writing, acting, whatever...

Just a thought.

Edited by Kathyk1024

Smirky working for Morrison's character has actually been speculated about before.  It might make some sense (and that would be welcome) but is Smirky supposed to get cozy with Alicia and get all of her and Peter's secrets out during their pillow talk?  There's got to be a way that makes more sense but here again...

Gosh. Is this series going to end with an Alicia sex scandal (with photos of her and Jason leaking) and her marriage being exposed as an act? It definitely brings it all full circle. Or maybe Jason is working for Morrison's character, and will expose their affair, publicly humiliating her in the process. Has their entire relationship been a way for him to get dirt on her to ruin the Florricks' reputations? I just think there has to be more to this Jason has a file on Alicia/Matthew Morrison storyline that will effect Alicia and Peter personally.

If something like that does happen, the interesting part would be to see if Peter stands by her side the way she did for him in the pilot. If it's bad for his (already sinking) career, he may not. 

I still think the series finale should include a 'signing divorce papers' scene between them.

If something like that does happen, the interesting part would be to see if Peter stands by her side the way she did for him in the pilot. If it's bad for his (already sinking) career, he may not. 

I still think the series finale should include a 'signing divorce papers' scene between them.

We've already seen Peter stand by Alicia's side when she's the victim of a sex scandal. Last season during the email leak plot when it came out that Alicia was having an affair with Will, Peter stood by her, publicly, and supported her, privately. And that was after she tore into him for sleeping with Ramona. 

• Love 1

We've already seen Peter stand by Alicia's side when she's the victim of a sex scandal. Last season during the email leak plot when it came out that Alicia was having an affair with Will, Peter stood by her, publicly, and supported her, privately. And that was after she tore into him for sleeping with Ramona. 

Then it's a very realistic possibility because the show loves to repeat storylines.

I wasn't thinking a sex scandal. I was thinking voting machine rigging. They'd be going after Peter and Alicia. Maybe the Democratic Committee Chair, too.

It's all kinda boring now that I've written it out, but I really don't see how it is not horribly boring to have Alicia and Lucca at LAL on Monday morning.

• Love 1

Good Wife Creators Preview Final Eps: No Kalinda or Will — But Other Fan Faves, an 'Inevitable, Surprising' End

Instead, the Kings said they are hoping to explore the fate of Alicia’s personal life (“Where do Alicia and Peter end up?”) and her professional prospects (“How is it going to work with Alicia going back to Lockhart-Agos-Lee?”).

Alicia’s emotional breakdown in the show’s Jan. 31 episode is an “eruption” that will alter the course of her arc because she now has a genuine friend in law partner Lucca Quinn and has realized that “Will is a ghost she needs to put away,” said Robert King.

The Kings said they are, however, reaching out to a number of actors — some of whose characters haven’t been seen for several seasons — to make one last appearance; these include Jess Weixler, who plays investigator Robyn. “We want to see where some of these characters ended up and landed,” Robert King explained.

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: Will this be the final season of The Good Wife? —Mo

Ausiello: I don’t know. What I do know is this is the final season Makenzie Vega will be playing a high schooler. As such, a March episode finds Grace and Alicia meeting with a counselor at a prospective college who is eager to discuss a problem with her admission. Hmm…. Grace did mention needing to bring up her grades a few weeks back…. BONUS SPOILER: I can confirm that Alicia will be back working at LL&L in the next new episode on Feb. 14. Exhibit A: The photo below. Exhibit B: This sentence from the episode description: “Alicia has trouble adjusting when she returns to work at Lockhart, Agos & Lee with Lucca.” Case closed.

Edited by milkyaqua

Bringing this over from next week's episode thread, so it doesn't get clogged up with preview talk before it airs...

Also, Alicia and Jason attempt to spend a quiet weekend together but are interrupted by her meddling family.

God forbid Alicia's family "meddle" in her adulterous weekend. It's like they want me to hate her.

• Love 3

Lemme guess. Veronica and Owen walk in on an intimate moment between Alicia and Jason. Hilarity and much drinking ensues.

Veronica sizes up Jason. She interrogates him, he passes the test and she tells Alicia to leave Peter. Owen has a heart to heart with Alicia and tells her that this is her one chance at happiness and not to let it slip away like she did with Will.

I go and throw up in the bathroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IGQD_qQBz8

(edited)

I hate the writers, too.

What in the douche has happened to them?! How long since we've seen Owen anyway? And I can't even recall if he left because Alicia was pissed at him a la Zach, Peter, (most everyone) etc., or if he was written away for some other reason... so why is he showing up with bagels!? I can't recall where they left off with her mom either, except I thought she was getting married again or something and David Lee was involved with that, but who knows...? I realize part of season 7's premise is that the world congregates at her apartment door, but did they forget the only way a family member could get her to pick up the phone would be by using a burner?

It's so preposterous to have them back as wallpaper for some tepid "sexy" shenanigans between The Tatted Investigator and She with the Bad Wig. Of all the randos they show falling all over Alicia, few felt believable at all, and this investigator with the least-est (per the breakdown of his skills in the last episode thread) is one of the worst. They should have gone back for the actor who plays Alex on Bates Motel, and just had Robyn continue on as the investigator. Their introduction and chemistry felt believable and somewhat intriguing. 

Edited by meisje

Slightly OT: I met Matthew Morrison after seeing him perform at a benefit a couple of years ago. What a sweetheart, and soooo talented as a song-and-dance man. His version of Send in the Clowns almost had me in tears.

His version of that song is honestly my favorite.

• Love 2

I didn't know where to put this, so I landed here.  I was just watching a rerun from Season 3, where Diane finds out about Will having a potential issue with bribery from Wendy Scott Carr.

That led to a most amazing scene outside between Diane and Will, that was just so utterly brilliant, ending with Diane saying, something to the effect of...'she's coming at us because you are sleeping with Peter's wife. I don't care if it is right or wrong, but stop this.'  That scene was just as fantastic now as the first time I watched it. I just happened upon this scene tonight, but, ooooooffff, that's the show I used to love.

Please show, please, get back to fantastic storytelling and scenes like that on your way out.  Please and thank you.

• Love 1

Too bad Jason wasn't wearing Alicia's frilly pink dressing gown. I wonder: does Peter arrive already briefed by social media about his wife's interesting nights out (and in) with her investigator or is Jason's presence in the apartment a complete surprise?

#teamPeter

Don't get me wrong: Peter doesn't have a leg to stand on regarding who Alicia sleeps with. But I just can't with Smirky the Show Eater and their Season of Lust.

Maybe Peter will make him disappear and free us from watching the mutual mouth breathers.

• Love 5

Next episode: 

Gary Cole Returns as Kurt McVeigh and Megan Hilty Guest Stars as His Rival Business Owner, Holly Westfall "Landing" - Alicia and Lucca travel to Toronto to represent NSA Agent Jeff Delinger (Zach Woods) who was detained by customs officers while attempting to re-enter the United States. Also, Diane grows concerned when her husband, Kurt McVeigh (Gary Cole), decides to retire and sell his business to Holly Westfall (Megan Hilty), a rival business owner, and Peter contemplates an uncertain future when he faces possible arrest, on THE GOOD WIFE, Sunday, April 17.

Got it from here http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20160324cbs01/ where they also inform me this episode features the retutn of the NSA guys.

I assume Peter actually did the thing he's being accused of? And Eli somehow didn't know? Even though it took place when Eli was Peter's loyal foot soldier and a campaign strategy genius? It's incredible how the one plotline that's been driving the whole season has no actual detail. 

Edited by Tetraneutron

Moved here from media thread in case considered a spoiler.....

So, I was just watching Hillary Clinton at the Apollo on tv this morning and was trying to figure out who sang the SSB.  Went to twitter, and it was Renee Elise Goldsberry.  On her feed it showed photos from her filming on TGW yesterday, so Geneva Pine will be back.  One of the photos shows her on a courtroom witness stand with Baransky in the background.  She also has photos with Marguiles, Noth, Matt Morrison and Cush Jumbo.  I think it is fair to assume she's testifying at some sort of hearing related to Peter.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

Episode 20 description released :

"Party" - Alicia's night goes from bad to worse when she throws a party to celebrate Howard and Jackie's upcoming wedding. Also, Eli asks Jason to investigate Peter in preparation for his trial, on THE GOOD WIFE, Sunday, April 24 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

So I suppose we find out about Jason's mysterious past, and we think Alicia and Jason will break over it but then they don't and they all live happily ever after. Also, the cast lists Alicia's whole family, including Zach. And also Diane's husband, Matan, and Louis Canning. 

(edited)

Interesting. Would Alicia agree to host that party if she had told Peter 'no' and started in on the divorce? Would Jackie want to attend if that were the case? My guess is no on both counts.

Edited by pennben

Right now the only way to make that party interesting for me is having the entire building imploding because a gas leak.

Or the over/under on Howard showing up without his pants.

Right now the only way to make that party interesting for me is having the entire building imploding because a gas leak.

and have an appearance by Colin Sweeney just before the implosion

But of course the crew from Chicago Fire would show up and put everything right.  Alicia would be hitting on Severide while Severide is hitting on Lucca.  Otis and Cary would be looking at each other with a certain dawning realization....

• Love 1

Penultimate episode :

"Verdict" - As Peter's trial begins, Alicia works desperately to keep her husband from returning to jail. Also, Diane and Lucca move aggressively to expand the law firm, but face serious opposition from David Lee, on THE GOOD WIFE

More law firm power plays. Goody.

Also the cast list includes Canning (I assume related to the aformentioned power plays), Matan, Geneva Pine doing her victory lap, Kurt, and that rival gun expert played by Megan Hilty. I seriously hope the show doesn't introduce marriage drama for Diane in the last few episodes, because that would come out of nowhere and be bullshit. 

It certainly sounds like Alicia will say yes to Peter's request, and I have a feeling that their increased entanglement in the final episodes will lead to a reconciliation of sorts. I've always thought they were end game.

• Love 1

From TV Line's Ask Ausiello:

Question: My mom has been bugging me all week to ask you if she will be satisfied with The Good Wife‘s ending. Is the rumored Will Gardner appearance a dream sequence or flashback? —Bill

Ausiello: If your mom likes it when series finales serve as the perfect bookend to a show’s pilot, then, yes, your mom is going to be satisfied with The Good Wife‘s ending. As Julianna Margulies revealed in the current issue of Entertainment Weekly, the episode will find Peter and Alicia once again “standing at the podium” at a press conference and “you’ll see a very subtle thing at the end that she does physically with Peter that’s very different from when you first met the two of them.” (My guess: A lint brush is involved.) BONUS SCOOP: I’m hearing the aforementioned presser is thankfully not the final scene of the episode/series.

The Good Wife: 5 revelations from the cast and showrunners' farewell talk

5. Alicia’s happy ending is not guaranteed.

After all her ups and downs, it seems Alicia may have finally found love at the right time with investigator Jason (Jeffrey Dean Morgan). Still, even as Alicia plans her divorce from Gov. Peter Florrick (Chris Noth), there’s no telling if Alicia will leave us on a romantic high note. “Is there any chance we’re getting a happy ending for her?” Goldblatt asked Michelle King. “Sure. There’s always a chance,” she answered. “But if you ask me, ‘Is there a chance there’s going to be an unhappy ending for her?’ I’d give you the same answer.” Indeed, Margulies suggested there might be a mix of both when she summed up the finale in these three words: “Satisfying, uplifting, and sad.”