Type keyword(s) to search

Leverage Classic - Past Seasons Discussion

• Start Topic

One of the things I always liked about Leverage and continue to like is that Maggie was never turned into an evil harpy shrew  even when the show committed to Nate and Sophie.    The writers took pains to portray a marriage that just fell apart due to tragedy but still had two people who actually liked each other even if they no longer loved each other.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

One of the things I always liked about Leverage and continue to like is that Maggie was never turned into an evil harpy shrew  even when the show committed to Nate and Sophie.    The writers took pains to portray a marriage that just fell apart due to tragedy but still had two people who actually liked each other even if they no longer loved each other.  

I think they still loved each other, they just knew they couldn't be together after what they had been through and seeing each other would remind them of that tragedy.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

But they always dressed her so badly!

• LOL 2

Just finished a rewatch of the original run and something in S4 is really bothering me. In The Last Damn Job, Eliot and Sophie were both very "oh, Nate, you can't kill Dubenich and Latimer. You'll lose part of yourself." Yet in The 10 Li'l Grifters Job, they both think that Nate killed the mark and barely batted an eye. Or at least they acted like he had and there was no philosophical angst. The mark was dead, Nate didn't have an alibi, and was in the right place at the wrong time, and they were all just "we'll get you out of this." Which good, but Nate had no reason to kill the mark in 10 Li'l Grifters and he had every reason to kill Dubenich. 

It just bugs me and for a show that's so good with most everything, that doesn't sit right. Both stories played out the way they needed to, but it just bugs.

• Love 3

Just finished MY rewatch and something is different bothering me, jelaine. 

The beginning of the final episode opens as usual, Nate talking to a client.  It's his son's doctor with another child with the same illness and she can't get the drugs the child needs.  Obviously, Nate is going to knock down walls for this one, but other than the drugs (or formula or whatever) being in the building with the "Black Book", was it ever mentioned again?  I don't see Nate dropping the doctor's case to catch financial bad guys.  Did I miss something?

9 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I always assumed that was part of the fiction Nate was spinning for Interpol as to why they were in the building. It's SO much a thing Nate would go for that it was utterly believable.

Hmmm.  I can accept that.  Kind of makes nice bookends from the first episode when Dubenich "used" Nate's son to get him to do the first con and now, Nate "uses" his son to do his final con.

• Love 3
On 10/10/2021 at 11:07 PM, Johann said:

Kind of makes nice bookends from the first episode when Dubenich "used" Nate's son to get him to do the first con and now, Nate "uses" his son to do his final con.

That is what has always bothered me about the finale.  I cannot believe that Nate would ever use his son as part of a con.  Ever.  I watched that episode once, and as soon as I realized that was part of the con I was pissed and won’t watch it again.

This was on "Jeopardy!" tonight: "One particular horse, called Nugget, he embraces... they stand in the dark for an hour" is a line from this play"  ...and I thought of The Boiler Room Job, where the acting students helped to take down "The Blowfish," with one of the students being referred to as Nugget because that's the part he played in "Equus."

I wondered if it was Nugget that went to London & extended the invitation to Sophie to come be the Director.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

This was on "Jeopardy!" tonight: "One particular horse, called Nugget, he embraces... they stand in the dark for an hour" is a line from this play"  ...and I thought of The Boiler Room Job, where the acting students helped to take down "The Blowfish," with one of the students being referred to as Nugget because that's the part he played in "Equus."

I wondered if it was Nugget that went to London & extended the invitation to Sophie to come be the Director.

That episode is the only reason I know who Nugget and Equus are. 

• Love 3

I'm watching the ION MYSTERY channel & they're showing season 2 of Leverage.  I wonder what happened to the girl from The Beantown Bailout Job - the girl whose dad discovered the banking irregularities and the O'Hare mob sabotaged his car... Her dad told her "There are wolves in the world."  At the end of the episode, she reiterates to Nate and adds, "but sometimes, they're the good guys."

I like to think she's on one of the Leverage International teams. The actress, Madeleine Rogers, hasn't done anything since 2017. I wonder what she's up to.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I'm watching the ION MYSTERY channel & they're showing season 2 of Leverage.  I wonder what happened to the girl from The Beantown Bailout Job - the girl whose dad discovered the banking irregularities and the O'Hare mob sabotaged his car... Her dad told her "There are wolves in the world."  At the end of the episode, she reiterates to Nate and adds, "but sometimes, they're the good guys."

I like to think she's on one of the Leverage International teams. The actress, Madeleine Rogers, hasn't done anything since 2017. I wonder what she's up to.

That's a good episode. I like that it ends up being a call back in the final episode. The book they were after was the one with all the names of everyone who was involved in 2008 financial collapse. 

That would be great if she was on one of the teams. It makes me wonder how many clients end up part of the other teams. 

• Like 1