Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: The Closet Case

I was put off by the "cheerleaders decorate lockers" story and wish that it had ended with Carly getting the other cheerleaders to take down their decorations and dump them in Cam's office.  The whole thing has sexual harassment and discrimination writ large.  UGH.

• Love 2

I was put off by the "cheerleaders decorate lockers" story and wish that it had ended with Carly getting the other cheerleaders to take down their decorations and dump them in Cam's office.  The whole thing has sexual harassment and discrimination writ large.  UGH.

I see an outdated tradition that needs to die, but am not getting sexual harassment or discrimination out of it at all.  Who is forcing these girls to be cheerleaders and/or decorate the lockers if they decide to become cheerleaders?  Besides Gloria, which, gross, that's just her overbearing character.

• Love 1

I was put off by the "cheerleaders decorate lockers" story and wish that it had ended with Carly getting the other cheerleaders to take down their decorations and dump them in Cam's office.  The whole thing has sexual harassment and discrimination writ large.  UGH.

That ending would have been a lot better than the cheerleader actually going to do it. But I did like that we found out that Cam was doing most the lockers already.  I also don't see the sexual harassment or discrimination, but the tradition is gross and sexist, just like Manny's cheerleader said.

• Love 2

That ending would have been a lot better than the cheerleader actually going to do it. But I did like that we found out that Cam was doing most the lockers already.  I also don't see the sexual harassment or discrimination, but the tradition is gross and sexist, just like Manny's cheerleader said.

Plus, its very outdated, I mean it had its moments and everything. But these days you have high school kids decorating lockers for friend's birthdays, using social media or super art projects to ask dates to home coming and prom. Which back in my days of high school (90s) would have been seen as way too over the top and along the lines of "stalking". Of course now you are expected to make a big deal out of asking someone to something like a dance like that. Locker decorating for boys' sports has been dying out for a while now. However, completely in Cam's character to want to keep it alive instead of: "Well, I'm going to be a good coach and give me boys a little encouragement." Instead it is: "Its a tradition that needs to stay alive, even though most of the cheerleaders hate it." 

I see an outdated tradition that needs to die, but am not getting sexual harassment or discrimination out of it at all.  Who is forcing these girls to be cheerleaders and/or decorate the lockers if they decide to become cheerleaders?  Besides Gloria, which, gross, that's just her overbearing character.

It's discrimination: the mostly, if not all female cheerleaders are doing something for the all male football players.  A cheerleader who didn't decorate a locker could be harassed by the player or the other cheerleaders.  I'm really appalled that there are still schools that do this.  I hope they get their asses sued off soon.

• Love 1

It's discrimination: the mostly, if not all female cheerleaders are doing something for the all male football players.  A cheerleader who didn't decorate a locker could be harassed by the player or the other cheerleaders.  I'm really appalled that there are still schools that do this.  I hope they get their asses sued off soon.

I guess I'll take further comment to the small talk thread.. but I totally agree. Imo the ones who choose not to participate will get some kind of backlash etc.

I think I'll stick with this show and leave it on the DVR bc even the worst eppys are still better than some of the other dreck that is out there.

• Love 1

I guess I'll take further comment to the small talk thread.. but I totally agree. Imo the ones who choose not to participate will get some kind of backlash etc.

I think I'll stick with this show and leave it on the DVR bc even the worst eppys are still better than some of the other dreck that is out there.

Was there backlash specifically against anyone who didn't do it, except by Gloria, because it was her son?  Cam seemed to want to keep it alive, but he was just doing it on his own, I didn't remember him chastising any cheerleaders specifically, and if he did, that would definitely be some major overstepping of his coach job title.