Type keyword(s) to search

Recurring Characters: Teachers, Neighbors & Other Interlopers!

Kromm
  • Start Topic

Tim Meadows as the sad sack snarky principal cracks me up. I've always liked his work and I'm so happy he's got a semi-regular gig.

I was surprised to see Tom Cavanagh in such a small role as Charles Kremp. Has he dropped off most casting directors' radars? Nevertheless I liked seeing him in that small role. Edit: Never mind, I checked IMDB and looks like he's been working steadily for years, my bad.

On a similar note, the actor who plays Chad Kremp was dating Hayley Orrantia, but I think they broke up so I wonder if we'll ever see him on the show again.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
(edited)

Cavanagh had lean years, but his one PAST year he's had a gigantic super high profile role on a major show (The Flash).

Meadows is the Guidance councilor, by the way, not the principal. The principal is legendary Hey Its That Guy, Stephen Tobolowsky (who's been in a mountain of stuff, as Hey It's That Guys tend to be, but the one role with a name everybody knows was that he was Ned Ryerson in Groundhog Day).

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3
On 10/1/2015 at 11:57 PM, Kromm said:

The principal is legendary Hey Its That Guy, Stephen Tobolowsky (who's been in a mountain of stuff, as Hey It's That Guys tend to be, but the one role with a name everybody knows was that he was Ned Ryerson in Groundhog Day).

Funny, I guess because he was a teacher in it too, but I always recall him as Sandy Ryerson in Glee.  I wonder if the name was a tribute.  

I think Allie Grant is hilarious, and have since Weeds and Suburgatory.  She's the blonde girl playing Evie.  I kind of wish she played Erica.  Nothing wrong with Orrantia but I think she's the weakest link, comedically.  I figure that's why she's given singing duties all the time.  

So is Lainey gone gone never to be seen again? I was hoping she would be popping up, at the very least in phone calls to Erica, they were bff after all! I know I called my bff constantly when I went off to college....and it was 1984, pre-cell phone and internet, but we definitely still talked a lot!

• Love 1

I just love any scene with Coach Miller.

Anybody who was in high school during the 1980's knows just how spot-on this character is.

-- The shorty shorts worn ALL THE TIME including staff meetings

-- The over the top cadence

-- Always talking like he's coaching a football game, even when he's not

-- When he's asked to substitute teach for another class, or sponsor an activity, he's in way over his head and either fails hilariously or simply disappears

Oh, yes.  Coach Miller is every 1980's gym teacher rolled into one!

• Love 7